Famous Green Day fans

Metanoia

i don´t know if this person is mentioned yet: Sido, a rapper who is famous in germany is a green day fan too.

:shok: srsly?

:lol:

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don´t know if this person is mentioned yet: Sido, a rapper who is famous in germany is a green day fan too.

ahahahah really? He's so dumb though

The singer of Alkaline Trio is a huge fan, or, The Network fan at least! c:

Didn't care to browse 20 pages to find out if someone already mentioned it :P

Lol, in an interview with the Up-magazine (a dutch rockmagazine) the Silverstein singer, Shane Todd, said that during a performance in Dallas they blew up the PA, and so they sang Green Day songs with 1500 people x] HE called it "Pretty Cool"

Corey Taylor is I barley found that out not to long ago. I saw him talking about Green Day on some countdown thing.

• 1 month later...

Corey Taylor is I barley found that out not to long ago. I saw him talking about Green Day on some countdown thing.

That was on "Vh1 100 Greatest Artists of All Time".

Anyway, in a recent interview, Kermit the Frog said that its a fan of Green Day.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1681055/muppets-foo-fighters-nickelback-musical-march-madness.jhtml

what really?

sorry I read about the many answers on this only after I wrote the question

I think Shakira is a fan and Bill the singer from Tokio Hotel too, that are the only ones who came to my mind now

That was on "Vh1 100 Greatest Artists of All Time".

Anyway, in a recent interview, Kermit the Frog said that its a fan of Green Day.

http://www.mtv.com/n...h-madness.jhtml

Ohh yeah it was that saw it again the other day. I was suprised since Green Day says Slipknot sounds like Tré chocking on a hair ball. I thought they would dislike Green Day too.

If anyone knows who the Naked Brothers Band is they are fans. I met them (without knowing it was them) opening night of the musical and one of the kids said he really liked the show. It was a pretty funny story. I was standing next to these 2 kids who were like dressed up and one had sunglasses on (it was nighttime too) and everyone kept asking them how they enjoyed the show. So I said the show was amazing right? And the kid was like yeah it was. So then I said are you waiting for the band also? And he didn't say anything just kind of looked at me like you have no idea who your talking to kind of look. Then this lady says they had to go I guess to the after party and I asked her who those kids were because they looked familiar. And she said it was the Naked Brothers Band. They had a tv show on Nickelodeon for those who don't know who they are. I found that funny and embarrasing at the same time.

I heard that too awile ago my sister had a J-14 magazine that interviewed those boys and the younger one don't know his name loves Green Day they are his favorite band. I think he also does cover songs too

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I was listening to Adam Corolla's podcast today and apparently he enjoys them. He said they were a great live band (duh) and told a story about how one time they were doing a concert with Third Eye Blind and the lead singer came out from backstage in the middle of the show and made a big deal out of it like he was a fan coming out from the audience or something and security came up and started beating the crap out of him... and then Mike kicks him! And then they got into another fight after the show. Pretty cool and Mike kicks ass lol

Disney star Debby Ryan said during in one of her live chats that she used to be really into Green Day and My Chemical Romance. highly doubt she is anymore

also, NFL player Chad Ochocinco said in a live chat that he owns a few of their cds

no, i did not ask those two if they liked Green Day during said live chats... :whistle

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Mike Ness of Social Distortion mentions them in several interviews. In one he says that he loves them but the fact that they have stylists make him see Green Day in another perspective. In another interview he says that he saw them live and they were amazing.

I don't know how famous he is but an american soccer player, Steve Cherundolo (US National Team and Hannover 96) said Green Day is on his pre-game playlist :)

So I was watching this video of 'Holiday' being played to pump up the crowd at a Muse concert on youtube. And there was a comment saying that the Scorpions used a Green Day song too. I think it is pretty fucking awesome. I love the Scorpions. And quite recently I found an article where one of the members of the Scorpions (can't remember who) said that they are thankful for bands like Green Day, because people then try to find out Green Day's influences and they think its awesome.

So I was watching this video of 'Holiday' being played to pump up the crowd at a Muse concert on youtube. And there was a comment saying that the Scorpions used a Green Day song too. I think it is pretty fucking awesome. I love the Scorpions. And quite recently I found an article where one of the members of the Scorpions (can't remember who) said that they are thankful for bands like Green Day, because people then try to find out Green Day's influences and they think its awesome.

That's pretty cool!

• 1 month later...

Hey, I heard that Emily's Army is a fan of their music. I'm not so sure though. HmmMmmMMmmm

I'm sure this has gotten its rounds but Courtney Love adores them

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously Gerard Way :) He's also Friends with Billie. Avril Lavigne! And WILL SMITH! He was at Tony Awards 2010 & was freaking out while Green Day was playing Holiday & Know your Enemy! :happy:

btw, Mark Zuckerberg loves 'em!

I know a skateboarder who likes them...I don't remember his name.

All I can remember is he is a root beer and Green Day lover. :lol: Does anyone know who I am talking about?

I have to ask my neighbor...

Idk if this was said but Jimmy Fallon seems to be a pretty big fan himself from what I saw when he interviewed them and from his reaction after hearing Letterbomb

• 1 month later...

Australian band, Short Stack, said Green Day influenced them a lot.

Archived