Famous Green Day fans

Metanoia

Just thought of one no one has mentioned yet. Rancid. I read that Tim asked Billie to join Rancid but turned it down because Green Day just got signed.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
omg that's awesome :woot: I love Tim Burton.

He needs to direct a music video for one of GD's quirkier songs :D

that would be sooo goood! yeah i could see him doing something like Misery. or East Jesus Nowhere would be cool too.

Snoop Doggggg.

whadda PIMP

oh and i think Lil Wayne likes them. he used one of their lyrics in a song.

Hm if Leighton Meester really is a fan, my crush on her just got bigger.

She seemed pretty excited to present the VMA to them, I wouldn't be surprised.

Diablo Cody

proof :D :

rgdiablowideweb470x3400.jpg

Love her :D I bet she loved the EJN reference.

Remember reading an interview with Daniel Radcliffe in NME or Kerrang about how much he loved Green Day, also remember seeing Robbie Williams singing along to basket case when Green Day were on Jools Holland, and during an interview on Jools Holland, Billie said he was a big fan of Robbie's which blew my mind a little lol

Both of these facts make my day. :)

Ok, I only read thru page 1 and this page, so I dunno if he's mentioned in pages 2-4, but...

MATTHEW FOX!!! He's a huge fan, and a very close friend of Billie's apparently. I'm sure I read somewhere that he and Billie have taken their families on vacation together. Also, I'm sure it was because of Matthew that Billie did that wicked scene on "Haunted". Haha He was so adorable with his curly hair and his hat... and his acting was a million times better than when he was on the Chris Isaac show! OH! Chris Isaac is a fan!!! LOL

Photo of Matthew wearing an Adeline shirt:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2njq2Guqp4c/R7H8...00-h/212+mf.jpg

Video interview of Matthew wearing a different Adeline shirt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H61DiUflHpI...PL&index=44

Might as well post the Haunted clip...

Ok, I only read thru page 1 and this page, so I dunno if he's mentioned in pages 2-4, but...

MATTHEW FOX!!! He's a huge fan, and a very close friend of Billie's apparently. I'm sure I read somewhere that he and Billie have taken their families on vacation together. Also, I'm sure it was because of Matthew that Billie did that wicked scene on "Haunted". Haha He was so adorable with his curly hair and his hat... and his acting was a million times better than when he was on the Chris Isaac show! OH! Chris Isaac is a fan!!! LOL

Photo of Matthew wearing an Adeline shirt:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2njq2Guqp4c/R7H8...00-h/212+mf.jpg

Video interview of Matthew wearing a different Adeline shirt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H61DiUflHpI...PL&index=44

">

that was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! sorry, ive never seen that before! loved it beyond loved! you made my day!

omg tim burton doing a mv for green day would be epic!!

sick!!!

I did not know that

This is awesome!

sick!!!

I did not know that

This is awesome!

the ponies'll kill ya! i am in hysterics...that was pure brilliance. i cant believe ive never seen this before!!!!!!!!!!!

aawww.thats not nice of you anja !!!!!!! but yeah coldplay once said that they were only succesful with viva la vida because green day hadnt an album out back then XD

I actually love his show so don't take too serious what I said :D

Haha, that's actually something true they said there :P

Remember reading an interview with Daniel Radcliffe in NME or Kerrang about how much he loved Green Day, also remember seeing Robbie Williams singing along to basket case when Green Day were on Jools Holland, and during an interview on Jools Holland, Billie said he was a big fan of Robbie's which blew my mind a little lol

really? I did not know that.

I've heard that Muse are fans. On a video of Green Day & Muse performing at the same gig Muse avoided the interviewer just so they could watch them live.

oh.I hope it's true.

I actually love his show so don't take too serious what I said :D

Haha, that's actually something true they said there :P

ya i love it too but to be honest their performance of blvd. in 2005.billie looked so tired and annoyed maybe he doesnt like stefan XD

:sick:

how could you just post that smiley :o

i love robbie and his music yes thats right !!!!!!!! hes cool and sexy !!!!! :D

oh and i think Lil Wayne likes them. he used one of their lyrics in a song.

Really? What lyric was it? Isn't that technically just ripping them off? :lol:

how could you just post that smiley :o

Sorry, I just don't really like Robbie William's music. But video where he dances around as a rabbit is pretty funny.

that was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! sorry, ive never seen that before! loved it beyond loved! you made my day!

Haha Yeah, it's pretty great huh?

Awesome reading skills.

lulz

Really? What lyric was it? Isn't that technically just ripping them off? :lol:

"Do you have the time/ To listen to me whine?"

its on the song Hot Revolver. the bass kinda reminds me of Whatsername. but i dont think that was intentional.

reallly dont like the song tho.

the german band beatsteaks, they were on tour with green day, the warped tour was it, i think 2002 ... and i had talked with the bassplayer and he said green day are cool...

edit: and in one song they have the line "Masturbation lost its fun." y´know... :wink:

that would be sooo goood! yeah i could see him doing something like Misery. or East Jesus Nowhere would be cool too.

Peacemaker would be amazing.

Or Restless Heart Syndrome. Or Horseshoes and Handgrenades.

:sick:

my sentiments exactly.

I never saw that Jools Holland thing. linkity link?

"Do you have the time/ To listen to me whine?"

its on the song Hot Revolver. the bass kinda reminds me of Whatsername. but i dont think that was intentional.

reallly dont like the song tho.

Haha, yeah I'm sure he's not actually ripping them off, I couldn't imagine him liking Green Day.

Whoa, i never realized how many celebrities were Green Day fans! That's so awesome, i'm glad i saw this thread :)

I knew of a few, but i don't think i can add any to the list that haven't been mentioned already.

Anytime I see Lady Gaga now I think of the "licking Dookie" thing

and it makes me laugh every time...

I heard somewhere that Michael Cera likes them.

but I don't remeber where or who told me that

so I can't be sure it's ture.

no ones mentioned lil wayne and lil jon and eminem! all three have admitted many, many times that they wouldnt be anywhere near where they are if they didnt grow up playing green day songs on their guitars. wayne actually uses (used before he went to jail) the billie joe LP JR on stage a lot

Archived