Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Check out Fan of the Week JardyOfSuburbia. He gets a second week since GDC was down for most of last week. Sorry, Jardy!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Famous Green Day fans

741 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Serena Williams! :D I'm pretty sure fall out boy too, and Shay Carl from Youtube. Although he's not really a celebrity...

HAH! I totally just found his youtube channel the other night and he's hilarious! And then a few hours after watching videos I found the one where he went to a Green Day concert and I'm like....Okay, this guy is officially awesome!

Posted · Report post

Pink was at their Glasgow show last October.

Posted · Report post

Bob Saget!

Posted · Report post

Tom from Mcfly, Matt Willis....i remember them saying that they were green day fans, and i know Billie inspired Tom to play guitar...

Posted · Report post

yellowcard ? really ? i love them ! :)

Ryan Key even said in an interview that nimrod was his favorite album :happy:

Posted · Report post

i think NOFX are fans. he pretty much said that in the last interview (fat mike)

Posted · Report post

Serena williams is a die hard fan of GD :woot:

Theres a video of her at a concert singing 2000 light years away

Posted · Report post

I remember Green Day being an influence for Busted.. I also saw on Wimbledon once Serena Williams talking about them, she was asked what sort of music she listened to before playing a match and see said some stuff about Green Day :)

What about Butch Vig?

Posted · Report post

you know what documentary thing of bands who were influenced by green day? that one lol)>

link? I searched for it but couldn't find it

Posted · Report post

pink went to one of there gigs when they were over here in the UK :D

the guys from Mcfly are massive fans :D

Posted · Report post

The guy who created Facebook is a MASSIVE fan.

There's a thread somewhere about it...

Posted · Report post

Osama Bin Laden Have American idiot on cell phone

....I lol'd

Posted · Report post

daniel radcliffe

Posted · Report post

I read Rupert Grint likes Dookie

Posted · Report post

I think Courtney Love was spotted at one of their NY shows last summer.

Posted · Report post

I read Rupert Grint likes Dookie

:wub: Rupert Grint :D

Posted · Report post

Dave and Taylor from the Foo Fighters are big fans. I remember Billie talking about how he went to see them at Slane castle in Ireland while they had a day off before they played a festival there back in 2002, and he "almost fell on Dave Grohl's mother". Dave has also mentioned them a couple of times in interviews.

Also the drummer from Less Than Jake is a big fan. He once said how he would love to tour with them someday.

Posted · Report post

I'm pretty sure Chris Cheney and Scott Owen from The Living End are fans too, they were at the Melbourne show in December

Posted · Report post

Well it's not official but on June 2009 when Green Day played Know Your Enemy on Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien, he (Conan) said something like "please give huge welcome for our very good friends, Green Day." And after the song Conan was like "YES! YES! YES!" And Billie gave him a guitar for a present and Conan loved it :lol: So I think he might be a one of those famous fans!

Posted · Report post

I remember Billie talking about how he went to see them at Slane castle in Ireland while they had a day off before they played a festival there back in 2002, and he "almost fell on Dave Grohl's mother". Dave has also mentioned them a couple of times in interviews.

Also the drummer from Less Than Jake is a big fan. He once said how he would love to tour with them someday.

Aaaggghh, that at the Witness Festival in Ireland! (July 13th 2002) :wub:

But it wasn't after seeing them at Slane, because FF played there in 2003. It was the night after they did a secret show in the Ambassador in Dublin.

He said: "Last night I went to go see the Foo Fighters play, and I almost fell on Dave Grohl's mother....almost!"

(I'm obsessed with that show, so I kind of unintentionally memorised most of the things he said :ninja: )

daveandbillie.jpg

I would literally KILL someone to see Less Than Jake on tour with Green Day. Because after GD, they are my favourite band EVER!!

Although Vinnie doesn't like 21st Century Breakdown all that much though :(

But Less Than Jake have covered American Idiot once or twice! :P

Posted · Report post

I sat next to zebrahead at my green day show so you can add them to the list :D the drummer also said i had a cool mum for taking me :D

Are you freaking serious?

I LOVE Zebrahead.

Posted · Report post

Are you freaking serious?

I LOVE Zebrahead.

I second that ! I've also met Matty and Ali from Zebrahead and I mentioned something about their tour with Green Day on late 90's and Ali said: "Yeah that was freaking fun!" or something :happy: it was so cool !

Posted · Report post

No one mentioned Rivers Cuomo of Weezer!!!

Shame.

He recently covered Brain Stew if you all recall and Weezer has covered Worry Rock and he's spoken of Billie Joe with respect before.

Posted · Report post

I read in Inked Magazine that Brad Pitt took two of his kids (I'm assuming the older ones) to one of their concerts over the summer!