Famous Green Day fans

Metanoia

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really ? source please :)

Unfortunately I have discovered it since a cousin of mine (she loves Lady Gaga) told me... :)

I know some English celebrities who were at the Milton Keynes gig in 2005 are Jude Law and McFly (pop band)

I know some English celebrities who were at the Milton Keynes gig in 2005 are Jude Law and McFly (pop band)

Mcfly were at wembley too, I saw them in the after party bit

Jude Law is a fan? That's cool. Anyway, Shane West is also a Green Day fan. He is in 'Nikita' and 'A Walk to Remember'.

tumblr_mc3x5vc3no1r8vbqio1_500.png

• 2 weeks later...

Jaret Reddick from Bowling For Soup is a big fan. He's also from what I can gather friends with Billie.

Lil Wang (mentions them in a song and has the lyrics to basket case in "Hot Revolver")

David Letterman (has them on the show after every album except the trilogy)

Dexter Holland (The Offspring did some covers in the 90's)

Snoop Dogg (referred to them as his "nephews" but that could just mean they were friends)

Smosh (5,000,000 YouTube subscribers, They had a Kill The DJ gif and the American Idiot cover)

Jack Black (They speak about Green Day in some film he's in in "Green Day references" and the kid in School of Rock has a Warning shirt)

Justin Beiber tweeted Basket case.

Some Famous Haters

Johnny Rotten (He said something about them being a joke and nicking everything the Sex Pistols started and attaching it to themselves)

Brandon Flowers (The guy from the Killers accused them of being anti-american in 2005)

Lil Wayne mentions them every now and again and Snoop Dogg (Lion) referred to them as his "nephews" in 2004 on New Years. David Letterman frequently has them on his show, well albumly at least. The Offspring did some covers of Green Day in the mid 90's, Dexter Holland said to the crowd "don't you guys like Green Day'? Justin Bieber tweeted

Lil Wang (mentions them in a song and has the lyrics to basket case in "Hot Revolver")

David Letterman (has them on the show after every album except the trilogy)

Dexter Holland (The Offspring did some covers in the 90's)

Snoop Dogg (referred to them as his "nephews" but that could just mean they were friends)

Smosh (5,000,000 YouTube subscribers, They had a Kill The DJ gif and the American Idiot cover)

Jack Black (They speak about Green Day in some film he's in in "Green Day references" and the kid in School of Rock has a Warning shirt)

Some Famous Haters

Johnny Rotten (He said something about them being a joke and nicking everything the Sex Pistols started and attaching it to themselves)

Brandon Flowers (The guy from the Killers accused them of being anti-american in 2005)

I don't think that Brandon Flowers hate GD, just their political views and all. And Billie did say that he paid for Mike's dinner once. And name one thing that John Lydon is not angry at.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that Brandon Flowers hate GD, just their political views and all. And Billie did say that he paid for Mike's dinner once. And name one thing that John Lydon is not angry at.

He seems to like butter.

Brandon Flowers is as hypocrite as fuck haha because the Killers recorded their DVD live at the Royal Albert Hall and if my memory serves me right, they are from Las Vegas and not from London :)

Lead singer RYAN KEY of YELLOWCARD is a big fan of Green Day.  He was one of the artists in the MTV show Influenc'd who went on to talk about how much Green Day's music had influenced their band. 

Also on a Yellowcard Stickam chat, I just "HAD" to ask them about Green Day :P

I asked Ryan Key if he has ever met Billie Joe and he said he has and that Billie Joe was really cool and nice(or something along those lines).  He said that "Redundant" was his favorite Green Day song and he said Nimrod was his favorite album.  He said he would love to collaborate with Green Day and told the fans to "make it happen".

ONEREPUBLIC are fans too.  When they performed on America's Got Talent with Green Day they tweeted something and said to "kill it- Green Day!".  Also they backed up Billie Joe during the whole iHeartradio incident and tweeted this "Billie joe Armstrong and Green Day just reminded the world how rock stars got their reputation hahaha WHOA. They def deserve more time!!!!!"

Also they tweeted this in March, "@umichfan21 @MixPhiladelphia @GreenDay CLearly the choice is obvious- Billy A is a gentleman and would recommend some 1Republic ;)".  They were replying to a radio station that tweeted out asking fans who they wanted to hear next on the radio or something like that.  I'm sure Onerepublic was joking around, but I feel like they do have tons of respect for Green Day.  Btw, I think those tweets were by the frontman RYAN TEDDER, since he is usually the one who tweets most often. 

ARTIST VS POET's  lead singer JOE KIRKLAND was asked on twitter by a fan on whether or not he has seen Billie Joe's meltdown at iHeartradio and he replied saying "fuck yea I did! rock and roll!".  If you guys watched this season of The Voice, you may recognize Joe Kirkland as the guy on Team Adam, who Christina Aguilera commented saying he kind of reminded her a little bit of Billie Joe".

Their bass player, JASON, also tweeted a Billie Joe related tweet a couple hours ago saying "Hey @BJAofficial it looks like you can add @selenagomez to the list of who's not fucking @justinbieber".  Don't think they are huge fans but they probably do like them :)

ELLEN is also a Green Day fan.  She tweeted this before, "@GreenDay, I've always loved your music and now I love you more.". She tweeted this to Green Day because she was happy about Green Day sponsoring and hosting a Gay Prom.  This happened in 2010 when a lesbian girl was not allowed to go to prom with her girlfriend.  The school even cancelled the prom.  So, Green Day decided to hold a gay prom.  A lot of celebrities showed up like Lance Bass from Nsync and Cat Cora.

ALL TIME LOW is also a big Green Day fan, they cover GD from time to time and talk about them in their interviews here and there. 

Does anyone know what's the deal with ADAM LEVINE  from MAROON 5?  I read somewhere that Billie Joe and Adam Levine were close friends or something.  Also in a recent interview about The Voice, Billie Joe said that he's known Adam since he was 16 years old.  How come I never see any pictures of them together or anything?  Does anyone know if they are close? I'm just curious.

Sorry this post is long.  But I'm always interested in knowing which celebrities like Green Day and stuff.  It's awesome when a celebrity or band that I like, also likes Green Day :D

Lead singer RYAN KEY of YELLOWCARD is a big fan of Green Day. He was one of the artists in the MTV show Influenc'd who went on to talk about how much Green Day's music had influenced their band.

Also on a Yellowcard Stickam chat, I just "HAD" to ask them about Green Day :P

I asked Ryan Key if he has ever met Billie Joe and he said he has and that Billie Joe was really cool and nice(or something along those lines). He said that "Redundant" was his favorite Green Day song and he said Nimrod was his favorite album. He said he would love to collaborate with Green Day and told the fans to "make it happen".

You just killed me with that one.

Maroon 5 sold out pretty bad, They were alright back with their pop-rock songs like This Love and She Will Be Loved etc. But now they just churn out meaningless shit like Moves like Jagger and One More Night.

Adding on to the list, during the 2012 VMA's ONE DIRECTION was interviewed by MTV and they were asked who they were most excited to see and Niall Horan said ''We're excited to see Green Day because growing up Green Day were like one of the big bands around of our generation. It'd be exciting to meet them.''

TAYLOR MOMSEN from THE PRETTY RECKLESS also mentioned before in an interview that she thought a tour with Green Day would be cool.

Kelly Clarkson really likes Green Day. She's said so in a few interviews:

Before the 2005 MTV VMAs she said that Green Day was the band she was most looking forward to seeing, and that she loves their new album American Idiot.

It's in the first 30 seconds of this interview: http://www.mtv.com/v...html#id=1508522

And in 2009, when they asked her what 5 current albums she would buy, she said that she wanted to get 21st Century Breakdown and that she's a big fan of Green Day.

It's at about 1:08 in this interview:

I think Kelly and Green Day should collaborate..... maybe she can duet with Billie! :woot: I'd love that!

I've been hoping for that for like 7 years now, haha!

Sorry this post is long. But I'm always interested in knowing which celebrities like Green Day and stuff. It's awesome when a celebrity or band that I like, also likes Green Day :D/>

I agree! I love it when some of my other favorite bands or singers also love Green Day :wub:

As they should!

Billie Joe almost literally ran into Joe Strummer once, and they then got to hang out. Strummer told Billie that he was a kickass guitarist (I don't remember the exact words though). I know Billie Joe was also friends with Johnny Ramone, and there's a picture of Joey getting Billie's autograph! Besides that, I think the guys in Sum 41 are also fans, and I know The Offspring has covered their stuff at concerts. Oh, and Ballyhoo! And Rancid. Basically, most punk bands (other than the Sex Pistols).

Jaret Reddick from Bowling For Soup is a big fan. He's also from what I can gather friends with Billie.

Where'd you hear that Jaret and Billie are friends?

Archived