Famous Green Day fans

Metanoia

I second that ! I've also met Matty and Ali from Zebrahead and I mentioned something about their tour with Green Day on late 90's and Ali said: "Yeah that was freaking fun!" or something :happy: it was so cool !

They toured with Green Day?!?!

When?

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They toured with Green Day?!?!

When?

I think that it was Nimrod-era. I'm not sure, Nimrod/Warning!

heaps of guys from NZ tv and radio are... and the guys from Midnight Youth (a kiwi band) were apparently at one of the aucklnad shows.

Drew Barrymoor, maybe? I know she was spotted at a show last year. And Zach Braff went to one on the AI tour, too

Carson Daly, Stephen Colbert seemed to really like them (his humor can be a lot meaner, he was almost playful with them, just my thought), David Letterman, Conan O'Brian, Damian from TRL, Domenic Monaghan (Lost and Lord of the Rings), Paul McCartney's nanny (LOL), and U2 (they're friends who think GD should have won AOTY for AI).

Well it's not official but on June 2009 when Green Day played Know Your Enemy on Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien, he (Conan) said something like "please give huge welcome for our very good friends, Green Day." And after the song Conan was like "YES! YES! YES!" And Billie gave him a guitar for a present and Conan loved it :lol: So I think he might be a one of those famous fans!

I was just going to talk about this sexy ass motherfucker, whom I miss dearly already.

2mhctx.jpg

Carson Daly, Stephen Colbert seemed to really like them (his humor can be a lot meaner, he was almost playful with them, just my thought), David Letterman, Conan O'Brian, Damian from TRL, Domenic Monaghan (Lost and Lord of the Rings), Paul McCartney's nanny (LOL), and U2 (they're friends who think GD should have won AOTY for AI).

Carson is such a stan :lol: and I lost it when Billie started singing Stephen's song :lol:

Lady Gaga, really? She licked the pages of Dookie? :lol:

That's crazy, haha. <3

In a scary yet good...way? xD

Oh and the actor Matthew Fox (Jack from Lost) is good friend of Billie, so I think he's a big fan too!

In this pic you can see that he's having Adeline-shirt under his jacket :happy:

matthewfox300.jpg

Jacoby Shaddax from Papa Roach. I think he talked during Ultimate Albums Dookie. You can't forget Weezer. They wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Green Day.

Elvis Costello? He's talked about them in their documentaries, and did that thing with Billie before.

Jacoby Shaddax from Papa Roach. I think he talked during Ultimate Albums Dookie. You can't forget Weezer. They wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Green Day.

Yes Jacoby has actually said that Green Day is one of his inspirations

Blink 182? Though there's also the whole "they're not a real band thing" that they apparently came out with a while back so i dunno.

Blink 182? Though there's also the whole "they're not a real band thing" that they apparently came out with a while back so i dunno.

Hey, what's that? :huh:

I think Simple Plan are fans. They mentioned Green Day in their list of 'thank you's' in their Still Not Getting Any album.

Hey, what's that? :huh:

What, what Blink said? I heard they were kind of green day bashing a while back, despite years of claiming to be fans. But who knows. I think Mark and Billie get along.

Oh and the actor Matthew Fox (Jack from Lost) is good friend of Billie, so I think he's a big fan too!

In this pic you can see that he's having Adeline-shirt under his jacket :happy:

matthewfox300.jpg

That's amazing! I bet he'd cry Jears at their show!

I think Simple Plan are fans. They mentioned Green Day in their list of 'thank you's' in their Still Not Getting Any album.

Your av <3

Bob Saget.

haha really?

The band Bayside are fans, i remember them mentioning it on something i saw on Fuse a while ago.

Matthew Fox and Billie are close friends, not sure if that's been mentioned. Oh and Gerard Way.

haha really?

Yesss. He was at the Fonda show back in June.

Aaaggghh, that at the Witness Festival in Ireland! (July 13th 2002) :wub:

But it wasn't after seeing them at Slane, because FF played there in 2003. It was the night after they did a secret show in the Ambassador in Dublin.

He said: "Last night I went to go see the Foo Fighters play, and I almost fell on Dave Grohl's mother....almost!"

(I'm obsessed with that show, so I kind of unintentionally memorised most of the things he said :ninja: )

daveandbillie.jpg

I would literally KILL someone to see Less Than Jake on tour with Green Day. Because after GD, they are my favourite band EVER!!

Although Vinnie doesn't like 21st Century Breakdown all that much though :(

But Less Than Jake have covered American Idiot once or twice! :P

Ahh I just assumed it was Slane cause I knew they played there either 02 or 03, thanks for putting that straight :)

Yeeah thats the one, witness festival, I remember hearing the bootleg years ago and that comment stuck out. This thread jolted my memory.

And totally agree about LTJ, that would be my 2 favourite bands in one night, perfect. But yeah Vinnie did say he wasn't keen on it, I heard that JR liked it though. Still, we can always hope!

Also Matt Skiba from Alkaline Trio is pretty good friends with BJ

Archived