Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Wwhat did you,GD fans before AI, think of American Idiot?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

GreenDay98

GreenDay98
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined Nov 05, 2012
  • 6 rep
Only fans before AI

WhiteTim

WhiteTim
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2010
  • 1,049 rep
Been a fan since I bought Dookie a few months after it came out and i liked A.I. it renewed my interest in them after Warning (which i loved) the space between Warning and AI and kinda started to ignore rock and was straight rap mode for a few years i kinda forgot bout GD but when AI came out it was new different and made me fall back in the green day fan and havent left again (I have bought every GD on first day since Insomniac)

Marrymebilliejoe

Marrymebilliejoe
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Joined Oct 05, 2012
  • 319 rep
I don't think this is a far question. There are some albums that Green Day put out in which I wasn't even born yet! And even though I was alive and whatnot when they made Insomniac and onwards, I was still in elementary school; not the most appropriate music ever :P So, granted American Idiot was the first cd I listened to by them, but I have listened to all their old stuff and love it just as much ^__^ It actually made me love them more!

And I really don't like the separation between fans that joined Green Day before/after American Idiot...we are all fans :P
  • Rumpelstiltskin and hamza_elyoubi like this

Schlappy

Schlappy
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Joined Jul 07, 2010
  • 2,282 rep
obviously theyd like it, otherwise they still wouldnt be here on this forum.
  • themissingxkid and Jace Peterson like this

ChelseaDagger

ChelseaDagger
  • boulevard of sweet ass creams

• 5,117 posts
  • Joined Jul 13, 2009
  • 2,214 rep
honestly, AI took me awhile to warm up to. i'm embarassed to say that because of how awesome i think it is, but yeah, at first i wasn't too sure.
i'm sorry AI you know I love you!!! :lol: remember how excited i was to bring you home the day you were released??? haha it didn't take long before i was crazy about AI but there was a "warming up" period.....
  • DaVin Kim likes this

DaVin Kim

DaVin Kim
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined Nov 07, 2012
  • 17 rep

Been a fan since I bought Dookie a few months after it came out and i liked A.I. it renewed my interest in them after Warning (which i loved) the space between Warning and AI and kinda started to ignore rock and was straight rap mode for a few years i kinda forgot bout GD but when AI came out it was new different and made me fall back in the green day fan and havent left again (I have bought every GD on first day since Insomniac)

Though I completely agree with you, you missunderstood his/her point. Since many people were drawn by A.I, he/she just wanted to know what old Green Day fans, who heard the most distinctive "mainstream music" Green Day produced.

nah

nah
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Joined Apr 10, 2009
  • 796 rep
Made me a stan.

WhiteTim

WhiteTim
  • Peacemaker

• 5,911 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2010
  • 1,049 rep

Though I completely agree with you, you missunderstood his/her point. Since many people were drawn by A.I, he/she just wanted to know what old Green Day fans, who heard the most distinctive "mainstream music" Green Day produced.

I said my thoughts i liked it it renewed my fandom

DaVin Kim

DaVin Kim
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined Nov 07, 2012
  • 17 rep

Made me a stan.

Glad you are still breathing with us :D

I said my thoughts i liked it it renewed my fandom

Sorry, I thought I was quoting the other guy but it was not directed at you. I apologize.

WhiteTim

WhiteTim
  • Peacemaker

• 5,911 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2010
  • 1,049 rep

Glad you are still breathing with us http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Sorry, I thought I was quoting the other guy but it was not directed at you. I apologize.

Ahh its cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users