Drama Queen leak (Vinyl false pressing)

Breakdown_EE

Knowing how Billie sings and puts accents on certain words, it could easily be 'wild' 'weird' or 'wet'.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Billie had a daughter this would be ten times more awkward, so I'm counting my blessings :lol:

That was literally what I was thinking the whole way through :D

Creepy old man Billie :creep:

If it wasn't such a sweet song, I'd have thought Tré wrote it :lol:

Aw man that sounds wonderful. I really enjoyed that! Believe it or not that was my first time hearing the song ever so yeah...rather impressed and pretty stoked to have it on Tre!

english is not my first language (which is pretty obvious) but i interpret this song as a a comment about kid stars becoming famous way to early and the song shows the inside view of a creepy old pedophile stalkerish "fan".

english is not my first language (which is pretty obvious) but i interpret this song as a a comment about kid stars becoming famous way to early and the songs shows the inside view of a creepy old pedophile stalkerish "fan".

Woah..

Missing You and Brutal Love are both ballads, and they said this is the first time they started off an album with a ballad (the first song). Obviously it closes with one two, with at least two in the middle. So brace yourself. I hope they aren't too similar, this is really a chance for the band to show off its ability to diversify ballad-style writing. I don't think The Forgotten sounds anything like 21 Guns, despite both being rather simple piano ballads, so I'm not too concerned. Brutal Love is supposed to be gospel-ly... I have a feeling they'll all be quite different. But if they prove to be too similar, whatever, most Green Day rockin' songs sound alike anyway :P

Ohhhh they changed/added lyrics? Exciting.

Bleh, I was hoping they'd change this lyric. We've talked about it before in other threads, and I'm one of those people who is uncomfortable with it :lol:

Yep. There's a whole third verse added on now. But otherwise, lyrical changes were minor.

Also, for everyone who keeps mentioning the "daddy's little girl" line, it actually says "daddy's little bundle of joy". Same meaning, but waaay off in terms of actual wording. And if y'all think the latter is dirty or wrong, then I really don't want to know what goes on in your heads :P

And, on that note, while I know people (especially guys) aren't generally comfortable discussing periods, I wouldn't say it's really creepy. It's just nature. And, historically and culturally-speaking, a universal symbol of womanhood.

I'm not gonna spoil the song for myself but hell, those must be the most awkward lyrics in a long time :lol:

nice, sweet song. Sounds a bit passive aggressive too. And very Bob Dylan-ish

I remember when I was one of the first to ever hear this song at the Philly soundcheck in 2009. I'm so happy that it finally got properly recorded and put on an album. Love this so much :)

I get why a lot of you guys get this creepy, perverted vibe but I choose not to hear it like that. :lol: It's just an innocent and nice song to me.

Yep. There's a whole third verse added on now. But otherwise, lyrical changes were minor.

Also, for everyone who keeps mentioning the "daddy's little girl" line, it actually says "daddy's little bundle of joy". Same meaning, but waaay off in terms of actual wording. And if y'all think the latter is dirty or wrong, then I really don't want to know what goes on in your heads :P

And, on that note, while I know people (especially guys) aren't generally comfortable discussing periods, I wouldn't say it's really creepy. It's just nature. And, historically and culturally-speaking, a universal symbol of womanhood.

The funny thing is that I'm WILDLY comfortable discussing periods in ANY context, I just cringe with this lyric. That must mean it's effective, because he was obviously making a social commentary on how disturbing the whole hyper-sexualization of Hollywood girls is, and it freaking worked, because I want to kill myself when I hear that line :lol:

Maybe, just maybe, it is time I got my record player out of the garage and connected it all together again. Will the wife mind 3 foot high speakers in the lounge though ?

P.S This track is bloody good !

the emphasized parts give me this idea of the song meaning....

She is my drama queen

She is so wild and reckless

There goes my drama queen

She dangles from her necklace

Daddy's little bundle of joy

Out of a magazine

She's old enough to bleed now

Her life has now unfolded

Well do you think she's holding?

Well did she find her savior?

She better call a lawyer

Out of a magazine

Like i posted in the Dos Tread the song "Drama Queen" is on the Vinyl of Dos! (because they were printed bevore the change)

Wooopsie!! :lol:

I try not to listen to it so can someone please tell me how the studio version sounds like and what has changed when you compare it to the live version

The HQ Soundcloud version doesn't work anymore... you have to go with the lower quality Youtube one

the emphasized parts give me this idea of the song meaning....

She is my drama queen

She is so wild and reckless

She dangles from her necklace

Out of a magazine

Her life has now unfolded

Well do you think she's holding?

Well did she find her savior?

She better call a lawyer

Out of a magazine

child molestation?

The funny thing is that I'm WILDLY comfortable discussing periods in ANY context, I just cringe with this lyric. That must mean it's effective, because he was obviously making a social commentary on how disturbing the whole hyper-sexualization of Hollywood girls is, and it freaking worked, because I want to kill myself when I hear that line :lol:
The closing lines freaked me out as well, and I am not easily freaked out.

The HQ Soundcloud version doesn't work anymore... you have to go with the lower quality Youtube one

I hate being late for the party.

Fuck.

Hasn't it been said that Drama Queen was about like, alot of women (especially young women) growing up in the Hollywood scene and such? Like, here you have "daddy's little girl", a young woman who grows up under the spotlight and eventually that same spotlight corrupts her? At least that's what I always thought the song to be about.

I just wanted to know if it's a full band song so i played myself a few seconds and accidentally played the solo section :lol: but nice to know it's just billie and guitar (AND SOLO!) but not listening, just those 4 seconds were good enough to wait :dance:

I think you played the wrong four seconds, cause this is a full band song.

It still works for me....but then, I also haven't refreshed the page :P

Archived