Drama Queen leak (Vinyl false pressing)

Breakdown_EE

I see 'She's old enough to bleed now' as intentionally ambiguous. There are certainly at least three or four main ways to interpret it, two of which are pretty messed up, but I think that's the point the song is trying to get across.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really like this song

weird that they didn't change the pressings for the song switchover but still it's a great song. i'm glad they did switch over as stray heart fits nicely on Dos

I see that there's an ongoing debate regarding the line "She's old enough to bleed now." Am i the only one who has thought that this may just be a metaphor for how she is old enough to be put in the public spotlight and that she is old enough to deal with the consequences? You know, that she's able to stand on her own and take a few punches? I see this a much more likely interpretation given that this song is about young women/girls growing up in the spotlight. Anyone?

I believe this song is a song about young girls growing up in public, and being pushed in to the spotlight way to early (i.e before she is really "old enough to bleed"/take care of her self), and with the narrator telling the story from the point of view of the father/parents. I don't really know whether the father is regretting seeing is little girl going away in to the spotlight, or if he is the one sending her out to early, rationalizing that she's old enough.

Anyway, I hope I made sense, and that my point came across as somewhat coherent. :)

Since it's so blatant and completely makes sense with teenage girls' "bleeding", I don't see a reason to interpret it any other way. It's just a little weird.

Since it's so blatant and completely makes sense with teenage girls' "bleeding", I don't see a reason to interpret it any other way. It's just a little weird.

I don't think it's so black and white. Billie likes to make use of metaphors and whatnot; things shouldn't be taken so literally.

I've heard the live version of the song from a few years back a lot, and i've listened to the studio version a fair bit the last few day and well i think its a really good song. I think from what i know its gonna go nicely on Tre.

Hmm, that article's really interesting. Anybody know why it didn't make 21st Century Breakdown?

I dedicated this song to my teenage daughter. Mommy's little bundle of joy who thinks she is out of a magazine. So many interpretations of these lyrics. I guess it depends on what stage of life you are in at the moment. Green Day's lyrics are universal. I am the Jesus of Suburbia btw! :)

Hmm, that article's really interesting. Anybody know why it didn't make 21st Century Breakdown?

Because Billie wrote Murder City last minute and switched them cause there was no more room

Interesting how he said he wasn't sure about Horseshoes & Handgrenades (which is awesome) but they chose instead to drop Drama Queen...

My guess is that they couldn't get Drama Queen to fit into 21CB's storyline so it was dropped.

It just sounds so weird (not bad) being so long! But it's sweet. Not too sappy; it perfectly captures the essence of the song I've grown to love since '09.

I want to know why this song was supposed to be on DOS. I get that they switched it at the last second but why put it there in first place? It doesn't sound very nugget-sy, party or garage-rock.

So does the the tracklist say "drama queen" or "stray heart" ?

Stray heart of course..

but maybe on vinyl is Drama Queen...

So does the the tracklist say "drama queen" or "stray heart" ?

The vinyl track listing on the back says "Drama Queen" I believe.

i would like to remind people: article

and that was exactly was i was saying. and i got a: "who thinks that is a complete moron" for that.

Stray heart of course..

but maybe on vinyl is Drama Queen...

Nope.

The vinyl lists Drama Queen as Track 7 on Side Tres. It's also printed on the label and its lyrics are on the insert

I said this to myself with Uno, i said it with Dos and i failed miserably but..... I think im gonna wait to listen to this. Im sure its great though as i love the live acoustic version.

and that was exactly was i was saying. and i got a: "who thinks that is a complete moron" for that.

its why i steeped in don't worry if the fans think your stupid i remember that everyone hates me on here sometimes and on IC

we where told jason is new band member he was burned and shamed but now we are sending our sorrys.

Archived