C Em Am Am7 F G

Then you play:

Am Am7 F

Then end on:

C Em Am Am7 F G C

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened to the first 18 seconds of the song, thought "oh my god this is so beautiful" and stop it.

I'll keep my tears in until the release of Trè! :wub:

It is what it is, a crude and rather old fashioned way of saying a girl is old enough to have sex or children and which some find uncomfortable.

You realize that a huge part of songwriting is that sometimes lines can have more than one meaning, right? I doubt Billie immediately intended for us to think of a girl having her period with that line. It can be taken as that, yeah, and he's probably aware of it, but it still can mean a ton of things emotionally that fit nicely with the theme of the song.

I don't find that particular meaning uncomfortable or gross, I still think it's a beautiful line, but I just like the other side to it a lot more so that's how I'm gonna hear it. It is what it is. :S

This song sucks. Not a good ballad :( Already 2 terrible songs on it with the other one being The Forgotten. Damn...

i think Tre has enough reasons to become my favourite album, i mean with Drama Queen and X-kid, it can only be amazing, i love this song by the way :wub:

dos2.jpg

I postet pictuers of basically everithing somewhere in the Dos album tread

Side 'Cuatro' huh? Well that's interesting.

Side 'Cuatro' huh? Well that's interesting.

¡Uno! has uno and dos. ¡Dos! has tres and cuatro. ¡Tré! will have cinco and seis.

God, the lyrics make Billie sound like such a creepy old man. :lol:

[/ spoiler]

That's exactly where he's aiming on this. Compare the lyric in Lady Cobra: "Do you wanna play a game of Twister/Like a dirty old man with a babysitter?". From start to finish, the trilogy on the surface is the story of a horn-dog in the throes of a mid-life crisis, what it does to him, and how he cleans up the train wreck afterwards. Deeper down, I think the lust affair is metaphoric for whatever your "fix du jour" is that draws you away from the dull but positive influences in your life; and applying it autobiographically back to Billie Joe, it's the story of his recent trip back to (and nearly over) the edge with his old addiction troubles.

¡Uno! has uno and dos. ¡Dos! has tres and cuatro. ¡Tré! will have cinco and seis.

No no, I get that. My comment was a nod to the Cuatro/Quatro debate.

This song sucks. Not a good ballad :( Already 2 terrible songs on it with the other one being The Forgotten. Damn...

:dry: Terrible songs...?I understand that you don't like these songs, but your words are too badly.You are very exaggerated.

Sorry, green day, you're going into the wrong direction :(

:blink:

but the fun thing is there is a sticker on the vinyl which says :Green Day Dos! including: Stray Heart, Amy and Stop when the red lights flash. very missleading

Hmm usually such a sticker indicates which other songs will become singles. But I doubt they will make Amy a single. (But I will stand corrected if they do)

So I assume it's mentioned on the sticker because it has been going around worldwide that they made a tribute to Amy Winehouse

I love how the guitar is descending while the piano and bass are ascending. It gives me the tinglywinglies. Ahhhhh ! :D perfect combination in composing !

Sorry, green day, you're going into the wrong direction :(

At least they aren't going in... ONE DIRECTION.

Haha... Terrible joke is terrible..

I see that there's an ongoing debate regarding the line "She's old enough to bleed now." Am i the only one who has thought that this may just be a metaphor for how she is old enough to be put in the public spotlight and that she is old enough to deal with the consequences? You know, that she's able to stand on her own and take a few punches? I see this a much more likely interpretation given that this song is about young women/girls growing up in the spotlight. Anyone?

I believe this song is a song about young girls growing up in public, and being pushed in to the spotlight way to early (i.e before she is really "old enough to bleed"/take care of her self), and with the narrator telling the story from the point of view of the father/parents. I don't really know whether the father is regretting seeing is little girl going away in to the spotlight, or if he is the one sending her out to early, rationalizing that she's old enough.

Anyway, I hope I made sense, and that my point came across as somewhat coherent. :)

Well, the lyrics are certainly interesting. I love the song though.

I see that there's an ongoing debate regarding the line "She's old enough to bleed now." Am i the only one who has thought that this may just be a metaphor for how she is old enough to be put in the public spotlight and that she is old enough to deal with the consequences? You know, that she's able to stand on her own and take a few punches? I see this a much more likely interpretation given that this song is about young women/girls growing up in the spotlight. Anyone?

I agree, seeing as all people in the media spotlight have to have things thrown at them, it's just how they react to it and how they come out the other side.

I believe this song is a song about young girls growing up in public, and being pushed in to the spotlight way to early (i.e before she is really "old enough to bleed"/take care of her self), and with the narrator telling the story from the point of view of the father/parents. I don't really know whether the father is regretting seeing is little girl going away in to the spotlight, or if he is the one sending her out to early, rationalizing that she's old enough.

Anyway, I hope I made sense, and that my point came across as somewhat coherent. :)

I think so too (and I've already said so, but you put it well :P). But I think it's deliberate that it makes you think of a girl literally being old enough to bleed by getting periods too, as a metaphor for the main meaning.

All this use of "DQ" makes me think Dairy Queen

I want a blizzard.

That's exactly what I thought when people started using that abbreviation. "I want some dairy queeen, give me an ice cold blizzard" :D

That's what I thought, too! I feel like back when it was supposed to be a 21st Century Breakdown song they said that it was about child stars/people who became famous at a young age, sorta like, as someone else said, Lindsey Lohan. I feel like "she's old enough to bleed now" more or less means that now they're to an age where they can't do whatever the heck they want and have to take responsibility for their actions and face the consequences. :)

This makes my heart hurt.

I just knew the studio version of this song would be brilliant.

Archived