Drama Queen leak (Vinyl false pressing)

Breakdown_EE

Ugh...this song sounds ok, but those lyrics are really creepy...I don't understand how everyone goes crazy over this. Its an ok song with super creepy, uncomfortable lyrics. And I get what everyone is saying when you try to justify the lyrics and overanalyze the purpose behind them...they still just dont sit right with me.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh...this song sounds ok, but those lyrics are really creepy...I don't understand how everyone goes crazy over this. Its an ok song with super creepy, uncomfortable lyrics. And I get what everyone is saying when you try to justify the lyrics and overanalyze the purpose behind them...they still just dont sit right with me.

It's my new favourite song from Dos :lol:

It sits right between Makeout Party and Ashley in my iTunes playlist now :creep:

I had to apply some compression just to get it to fit in with the rest of the digital tracks, but that needledrop has plenty of dynamic range. It's a shame it will likely be overly compressed on the CD.

Uno sounds much better on vinyl as well.

"she's old enough to bleed now..."

:o

Bit of an odd lyric, to say the least.

Not really odd. Being "old enough to bleed" kind of means you're old enough to be responsible for your own mistakes, I think

Not really odd. Being "old enough to bleed" kind of means you're old enough to be responsible for your own mistakes, I think
It is what it is, a crude and rather old fashioned way of saying a girl is old enough to have sex or children and which some find uncomfortable.

Now bearing in mind that Billie says DOS is about the Party and going wild, and Tre is the aftermath and reflection, then clearly the original order was correct ie DQ on DOS and SH on Tre, at least on a lyrical level. Musically, hmm I would currently put SH on UNO... come to think of it; we are going to have fun reprogramming our Green Day playlists over christmas.

It is what it is, a crude and rather old fashioned way of saying a girl is old enough to have sex or children and which some find uncomfortable.

I guess you are right. I just looked it up, and I stand corrected.

I had never heard of the expression before so that is why I made my own assumption on it.

Knowing its true meaning, I'm not really bothered by it though. Looking at the lyrics it still looks like the song has some kind of emotional layer lying somewhere between the music and the lyrics.

I guess being either a father or someone who simply adores someone, even from a distance, the biggest worries you might get are to see an innocent young girl grow up and becoming a woman that will be chased by 'drooling pigs'. Will she handle it responsibly, or will she go to hell and lose her innocence.

I guess it fits in the description that Billie gave a few years ago where he briefly explained the meaning behind DQ. "The obsession with celebrity and watching people self-destruct."

beautiful ballad!

I see how Tre is going to be my favorite album.. (with Drama Queen, X-kid, 99 revolutions and The forgotten!)

fucking legendary

Anyone mind posting a pic of the back cover where DQ is listed?

dos2.jpg

I postet pictuers of basically everithing somewhere in the Dos album tread

I guess the 'side 1,2,3,4 etc.' thing kinda makes the trilogy more like a triple-album rather than three separate records.

I like my CDs with excessive high frequencies too.

OK It´s not CD quality.. but it´s better than the first version

I am not going to listen to any of Tre's songs till DEC11.I already spoiled my joy for uno and dos.I want to listen to the best of the trilogy the best possible way :D

btw after metallica, alanis morrisette and serena williams, Blink 182 hav wished Billie the best for his rehab

OK It´s not CD quality.. but it´s better than the first version

Actually I'd say the other version posted is closer to 'CD sounding' than this.

Archived