Drama Queen leak (Vinyl false pressing)

Breakdown_EE

Well, on the plus side, if and when the dos vinyl gets re-pressed with Stray Heart, then many years from now the original drama queen pressing may be worth quite a bit of money!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no they added a drum and a really weird piano no that's not right D: D: I need at least one song that's still the same as the live versions I fell in love with okay :( What's wrong with making rough, simple songs filled with feeling. Hope that on the CD it's not as polished as all the other songs that were awesome live and lacked something on the studio album.

seriously though what the fuck is that piano doing in there. The electric guitar I can understand I guess even though I still WAY prefer the live version.

BUT besides all the shenanigans they keep pulling in all the studio versions I still like it.

:wub: speaking out of my head here sanne!

They will probably just reprint the Dos vinyl when they realize the mistake.

Yeah second printing will be corrected (too expensive for em not to release first pressings)

do us till learn stuff in school? the narrator in a song/poem/book doesn't have to be the person who actually wrote it. it is clearly written out of the view from a sick guy. but he sure is singing about a girl who got famous when she was a kid and is now getting older....

Well that makes no fucking sense. Thanks for the input.

lol im quite sure that this song isn't meant to be as dirty as we make it sound. but it sure made me giggle after reading through this thread before i listened to it. It's gonna take me a awhile before i can take the song seriously. lol, but i do like it.

Billie's said the song is about young female celebrities who get pushed into fame too young and exploited by their families and the media. It's not "dirty".

Oh my god guys, you're ruining it for me! :P I still think the "she's old enough to bleed now" part means that she's old enough to get in trouble and stuff. It just makes more sense in this song than if it meant she's old enough to get her period. But still, awesome song.

I think it means both. She's old enough to get in trouble/deal with problems of life and "bleed" as in work and deal with the pressures of fame for herself and her family and everyone who has a stake in her success. And she's old enough to literally bleed as in get periods as a metaphor for that.

When I listened the song for first time, I though that it was for a never-born daughter. Maybe Billie wanted to have a girl...

Better I shut up :lol:

When I listened the song for first time, I though that it was for a never-born daughter. Maybe Billie wanted to have a girl...

LOL I thought it was written by Mike xD

I dont understand why this song was originally supposed to be on DOS. It would be really out of place in the middle of that album. Stray heart is a much better fit for DOS.

I think the original thought process was that the young-girl-in-the-spotlight that this song describes lines up with some of the other ladies mentioned on Dos (Amy and Ashley...in fact, Drama Queen would've been directly before Ashley on the tracklist). But sonically, I agree, it makes far more sense for this song to be on Tre.

here is a sticker on the vinyl which says :Green Day Dos! including: Stray Heart, Amy and Stop when the red lights flash. very missleading

Gosh how stupid is warner?

Sadly I can't change my pants at 3 am :P

And.... this song is enough to make me change Tre's genre to Epic on my iTunes! :D

They will probably just reprint the Dos vinyl when they realize the mistake.
ie the first pressing could become a valuable collectable depending on how many were pressed.

Billie's said the song is about young female celebrities who get pushed into fame too young and exploited by their families and the media. It's not "dirty".

Yeah, but the tone of it is sleazy, in this trickle-down way from the not-much-of-a-daddy to the wider world. No-one's off the hook here - she's 'everyone's drama queen', people are enjoying this shit ; if she's fodder, it's because there's an appetite for it. This song reads like a gossip site, and by the time it gets to 'I think she's going psycho', you might as well add *grabs popcorn*.

The first pressing is going to be worth quite a bit if they replace Drama Queen with Stray Heart.

Also, I didn't know Billie's voice could go that high.

This is probably the song I was more excited about since the tracklists were announced!

Can't wait for iTré!

Its about death.

That line is not about death. Not in the least. This has been discussed. It's a damn creepy song about how female celebrities are forced to grow up too fast.

Basically this:

Yeah, but the tone of it is sleazy, in this trickle-down way from the not-much-of-a-daddy to the wider world. No-one's off the hook here - she's 'everyone's drama queen', people are enjoying this shit ; if she's fodder, it's because there's an appetite for it. This song reads like a gossip site, and by the time it gets to 'I think she's going psycho', you might as well add *grabs popcorn*.

Archived