Green Day in German Magazin - Piranha!

RiseDay

Hey,

my teacher gave me a magazine called "Piranha" I don't know it, but Green Day is in it:D

Here are photos (Sorry, I can't make scans)

http://s14.directupl...5k2zhc6_jpg.htm

http://s1.directuplo...cttj4q3_jpg.htm

http://s1.directuplo...appnrlx_jpg.htm

yeha..the pictures are really shitty..I'm trying to get scans or something like that..

And because it's on german, I translated it :)

Some bands think about stop making records and you guys just make three of them

Why?

We didn't want to start something like a "re-revelotiun". While our last tour, we

were just making music It was fun and we didn't gave a fuck about stuff like

"Is this right?!" You can't controll Rock'n'Roll.

Do you get bored of making records?

Not really. This time we just took some new ideas and jumped into something, which

is just pure Rock'n'Roll. That's how songs like "Nuclear Family", "Stay The Night"

or "Oh Love" were made. After that, we started thinking in a different way. We

just wanted to have fun and wrote songs like "Fuck Time" or "Makeout Party". Both

Songs are on Dos. And suddenly we had like 30-40 songs and we were like

"What's going on?!"

Your two last records were about stuff like politics. But this time..?

This time we just wanted to play. We didn't want to make big statements. It's not

because didn't care about that, but we wanted to make a stap backwards. Back

to lound and fast music, without much thinking.

Billie, what does your wife say about songs like "Nightlife"? I mean, you describe

in that songs your fantasie about getting seduced from a stranger.

She thinks it cool. She says, I'm sounding young and fresh..just like how I am.

And "Nightlife" doesn't only describe the thing with girls, it's about stuff like

drugs, alcohol and bad influence.

Is it easy to seduce you?

In this song, I just show my fantasias. My home, my family is a safe place for me.

I would never risk to lose it. I live in a beatiful realationship with my wife

and that since 18 years. But as a musican, you need to think different. There

are things I wanna drink, thinks I wanna take and people I wanna look at. And my

wife bans stuff like that. Beeing a healthy person, a good husband, a good father

and to have fun in your job. That's the challenge I accepted.

There's a song called "99 Revelutions" on Tré. I think it's about politics, isn't it?

Yes. We claim that 99% of the population (the people who aren't rich) would be

happier if the 1% would pay taxes. You should give people like teachers, policeman and stuff

more money, 'cause they are very important.

We would do more, if someone would ask us.

Really?

We see, what's happening. We three are the only in our familys, who have money. We earned it all

by ourselfes and we are proud of it..but it's just not fair. We take care of our family and their

money-problems, 'cause a lot of people are jobless. That's why we feel the effects of the weak

economy very hard.

Your son Joseph is 18 and Jakob is 14. The two are in the same age, as you were while starting

Green Day. Do you sometimes compare your life with their lifes?

Yeah..in some ways, it's easier for them, than it was for us. But sometimes it's harder.

My oldest one plays in a Punkband called "Emily's Army". They were playing on the Warped Tour.

He's the drummer.

Are you tolerant parents?

It's important to talk about a lot of stuff. Mike and I are very young parents, we bouth got our

kids in the middle of our 20..I like that. We play rock music and have seen a lot of stuff in our life.

The kids know, that we know, what's going on in their minds. We know what it means to be a teenager.

You are 40 years old..so what do you think you are? Teenagers or adults?

Grown-Up Teenagers. It's possibly, to grow up and keep beeing punk.I don't know if the band keeps us young,

but sometimes, I wonder with how much energy I start things. I see a lot of older people, which lifes is

to fast for themselves.

Why did you record Amy..this beautiful and simple song for Amy Winehous?

'Cause I was very sad when she died. I didn't know her private. After her dead, I saw a video on

youtube which showed her singing and just playing a guitar. This inspired me to write

this song.

4 Years ago, you were supporting Obama. Do you favourite him for the next election again?

Sure, why not? Mitt Romney is just an asshole (not actual words, but same meaning) We will be

voiting for Obama. We wanna have a better health system, legalisation of weed and Homo-Weddings and

more places to work. Maybe, the next 4 years will be better than the most of us think.

I hope everything is correct, because my english isn't really good :D

Bye:)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Beeing a healthy person, a good husband, a good father

and to have fun in your job. That's the challenge I accepted."

hm.

"There are things I wanna drink, thinks I wanna take and people I wanna look at. And my wife bans stuff like that. Being a healthy person, a good husband, a good father and to have fun in your job. That's the challenge I accepted."

Great quote. So much more relevant after what happened.

There are things I wanna drink, thinks I wanna take and people I wanna look at. And my

wife bans stuff like that.

What is it, Billie :lol:

Thanks, that was good! I wonder does German speak English? :)

Great little article (and your english was excellent!). Seems like Adrienne keeps him on a short leash, in a good way :lol:

Billie wants legalized weed... Makes me wonder what he would think of his kids smoking weed

Probably is totally OK with it but wants them to be responsible and functional human beings :)

Probably has or will smoke it with them at some point :lol: Oh dad...

Probably is totally OK with it but wants them to be responsible and functional human beings :)

Probably has or will smoke it with them at some point :lol: Oh dad...

idk. It's weird. It's sorta that hypocritical parent thing; parents did things when they were younger and don't want their kids to make the same mistakes. I'm sure Billie doesn't regret drugs though. I don't really know cause I've never used drugs. But they sound pretty fun :lol:

Thanks, that was good! I wonder does German speak English? :)

Yea, yea we speak English.

idk. It's weird. It's sorta that hypocritical parent thing; parents did things when they were younger and don't want their kids to make the same mistakes. I'm sure Billie doesn't regret drugs though. I don't really know cause I've never used drugs. But they sound pretty fun :lol:

It's not hypocritical if he's OK with it like I said. He said in an interview recently he just doesn't want his kids doing "dirty drugs." I have a feeling he's fine with pot.

It's not hypocritical if he's OK with it like I said. He said in an interview recently he just doesn't want his kids doing "dirty drugs." I have a feeling he's fine with pot.

Okay, yeah. Pot's not so bad (although it still kills brain cells)

Yeah, new studies show that pot is probably not a good idea for teenagers to use because their brains aren't done growing yet, and it could mess with development. So I would tell my kids, just hold off on it for a while, you're not fully cooked yet. Once you are, you can add whatever spices you want :lol:

Are they on the cover as well?

edit: Nevermind, just saw it.

The mag is free btw if anyone wants a copy.

Nice interview! Thanks for translating!

nice! just for curiosity, in brazilian portuguese "piranha" means "whore" :pinch:

In Brazilian Portuguese, "piranha" is actually a fish. :P

I took this with me when I was in the shop Saturn about a week ago. It's for free, which is awesome. I actually really liked the interview, some questions and answers were hilarious. :lol:

Archived