Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Voting has started in the Karaoke Contest. Listen to the entries and vote for your favorite.

Photo

The Cocktail club

• Please log in to reply
2174 replies to this topic

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,075 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,914 rep

I think the most expensive night out ever for me was about £30-35, from what I remember.

Seriously? How? Last night totalled over £100. fairly average for a London night out. 

I spent an hour and a half chatting with the comedian Vic Reeves and his wife Nancy on the train back last night. I made them laugh when I mocked some idiots taking selfies with them, turns out he hates that shit. So he invited me over to sit with them. Really interesting conversation - I think. I was drunk. He was slurring too though, so it was all good. His wife took my number, and in the new year he promised to come talk to my students about the media where I work. That'd be fucking awesome - the guy has been there and done everything. Good mates with the Gallagher brothers, had a number one, been dragged through the mud by the tabloids. So many stories. 

• johndorkian, The Disappearing Boy and Lady Nightlife like this

The Disappearing Boy

The Disappearing Boy
  • Dissappearingness Nickness

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,319 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2007
  • 3,837 rep

Seriously? How? Last night totalled over £100. fairly average for a London night out. 

I spent an hour and a half chatting with the comedian Vic Reeves and his wife Nancy on the train back last night. I made them laugh when I mocked some idiots taking selfies with them, turns out he hates that shit. So he invited me over to sit with them. Really interesting conversation - I think. I was drunk. He was slurring too though, so it was all good. His wife took my number, and in the new year he promised to come talk to my students about the media where I work. That'd be fucking awesome - the guy has been there and done everything. Good mates with the Gallagher brothers, had a number one, been dragged through the mud by the tabloids. So many stories.

Well first of all, by not going out in London :P I had a pub crawl there a month or so back, but with only three of us doing rounds it was only about £30.

At uni, we generally never did rounds on nights out. I'd spend about £20-£25, including club entry. But we never got a taxi and I rarely ever get any food on the way home, so virtually all of that was on alcohol. I never went out with the intention of spending less than x amount, I just didn't have particularly expensive night out habits.

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 7,075 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,914 rep

Well first of all, by not going out in London :P I had a pub crawl there a month or so back, but with only three of us doing rounds it was only about £30.

At uni, we generally never did rounds on nights out. I'd spend about £20-£25, including club entry. But we never got a taxi and I rarely ever get any food on the way home, so virtually all of that was on alcohol. I never went out with the intention of spending less than x amount, I just didn't have particularly expensive night out habits.

But like even in my home town a £60 night is an impressive underspend. :P 

The Disappearing Boy

The Disappearing Boy

• 16,319 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2007
  • 3,837 rep

But like even in my home town a £60 night is an impressive underspend. :P

How is that even possible? :lol:

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 7,075 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,914 rep

How is that even possible? :lol:

I need what can varyingly be described as an impressive, depressing or concerning amount of drink. I also tend to go for the nicest stuff on offer. There'll always be some red wine in there, always some shots, I'll go back to my lover whisky but it's always doubles of JD or if my pallet is suitably cleaned I'll have a scotch at some point. Or I'll just make the bar staff make me Old Fashioned's, which normally come to £7-£11 each depending on the quantities and qualities of the ingredients they have to hand. 

The Disappearing Boy

The Disappearing Boy

• 16,319 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2007
  • 3,837 rep

I need what can varyingly be described as an impressive, depressing or concerning amount of drink. I also tend to go for the nicest stuff on offer. There'll always be some red wine in there, always some shots, I'll go back to my lover whisky but it's always doubles of JD or if my pallet is suitably cleaned I'll have a scotch at some point. Or I'll just make the bar staff make me Old Fashioned's, which normally come to £7-£11 each depending on the quantities and qualities of the ingredients they have to hand.

You're way more of a connoisseur than I am. A few pints of cider or beer in predrinks, and then a few double vodka red bulls or mojitos in the club. Or preferably, more pints in the pub and no club. That'll do me :happy:

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 7,075 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,914 rep

You're way more of a connoisseur than I am. A few pints of cider or beer in predrinks, and then a few double vodka red bulls or mojitos in the club. Or preferably, more pints in the pub and no club. That'll do me :happy:

See we always get a bottle of JD for predrinks, so depending on the shop that's £7-£14 each (me and my friend split it just us two) and if we do go to the pub, that's where I get the wine. hate pints on bloating and pissing principle, plus I've found that walking around with a glass of wine becomes a talking point, because I tend to be the only person in any given place with wine. Then I refuse to go on a night out without going to a club, and I refuse to be in a club without a drink in hand. It just feels right. End up in the smoking area or seated area talking to strangers, and that process tends to speed up drinking. Plus then there is at least £10 taxi and maybe a bite to eat, so yeah. Costs escalate. 

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • this love is glowing in the dark

• 27,038 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 7,625 rep
My cheapest night I managed to spend absolutely nothing. Most I've ever spent is 25 quid and that was because everyone else in the taxi back had no money at all. So that's five quid you'll never see again despite everyone promising theyll pay you back.

The Disappearing Boy

The Disappearing Boy

• 16,319 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2007
  • 3,837 rep

See we always get a bottle of JD for predrinks, so depending on the shop that's £7-£14 each (me and my friend split it just us two) and if we do go to the pub, that's where I get the wine. hate pints on bloating and pissing principle, plus I've found that walking around with a glass of wine becomes a talking point, because I tend to be the only person in any given place with wine. Then I refuse to go on a night out without going to a club, and I refuse to be in a club without a drink in hand. It just feels right. End up in the smoking area or seated area talking to strangers, and that process tends to speed up drinking. Plus then there is at least £10 taxi and maybe a bite to eat, so yeah. Costs escalate.

The range of drinks I like is pretty limited. I like cider, but don't really drink it any more. I like beer, though not always the ones you find in pubs. The only spirit/mixer combo I enjoy is vodka red bull, but it's hardly a brilliant drink. I would say mojitos are my favourite cocktails, but I've note really tried enough cocktails to know. I hate wine and spirits. I'm not a big fan of nightclubs (dancing + the music they play + entrance fee + more expensive...). Some can be decent, but I'll take them or leave them. That being said, if I do go to one, I'll constantly have a drink. I like to drink fairly constantly throughout the whole night. My mate used to drink loads in predrinks and have next to nothing in the club. But I don't particularly like drinking huge amounts in a short space of time. Also, if I'm gonna be dancing to terrible club music, I need to constantly ply myself with alcohol, so there's that.

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 7,075 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,914 rep

The range of drinks I like is pretty limited. I like cider, but don't really drink it any more. I like beer, though not always the ones you find in pubs. The only spirit/mixer combo I enjoy is vodka red bull, but it's hardly a brilliant drink. I would say mojitos are my favourite cocktails, but I've note really tried enough cocktails to know. I hate wine and spirits. I'm not a big fan of nightclubs (dancing + the music they play + entrance fee + more expensive...). Some can be decent, but I'll take them or leave them. That being said, if I do go to one, I'll constantly have a drink. I like to drink fairly constantly throughout the whole night. My mate used to drink loads in predrinks and have next to nothing in the club. But I don't particularly like drinking huge amounts in a short space of time. Also, if I'm gonna be dancing to terrible club music, I need to constantly ply myself with alcohol, so there's that.

I almost never dance in clubs though - unless it's a rock/indie club. I dart between the bar, the seats and the smoking area. Every so often some smashing song will come on (Ride Wit Me; Ignition; Bump 'n Grind; any standard 1.30am pop rock sing along song) and I'll head straight to the centre of the action, but clubs are just a place for meeting people. My friends and I have the same mindset; we arrive together, split up, occasionally bump into each other during the night and get a drink to celebrate, but mostly go off chatting. 

Maid Meringue

Maid Meringue
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Joined Nov 05, 2014
  • 49 rep

I have a question. 

I recently turned 21, and the only times I've had a proper drink was at local shows.
But now that I don't attend shows anymore, I'm finding it difficult to just show up to a bar by myself and have a drink. 
Is it weird for a girl to just walk into a random bar and have a beer by herself? I don't have any friends to pub crawl with  :ermm: 

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 23,182 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,563 rep

I have a question. 

I recently turned 21, and the only times I've had a proper drink was at local shows.
But now that I don't attend shows anymore, I'm finding it difficult to just show up to a bar by myself and have a drink. 
Is it weird for a girl to just walk into a random bar and have a beer by herself? I don't have any friends to pub crawl with  :ermm:

I used to do that long ago and times have changed but if you want, do it, just be aware that you will probably get hit on quite a bit since you're alone. Oh, and don't read a book. :)

Maid Meringue

Maid Meringue
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Joined Nov 05, 2014
  • 49 rep

I used to do that long ago and times have changed but if you want, do it, just be aware that you will probably get hit on quite a bit since you're alone. Oh, and don't read a book. :)

Yeah that's what bothers me the most. I don't mind being hit on, but I don't want people thinking that I'm only there to take someone home. 
It also bums me out seeing everyone else having a good time. 

There should be a bar that we can keep to ourselves and read books :lol: like starbucks but with long islands. 

• Lady Nightlife likes this

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Fuckity Bye

• 12,889 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 12,796 rep

There should be a bar that we can keep to ourselves and read books :lol: like starbucks but with long islands. 

I would patronize the shit out of a bar like that :lol:

AlissaGoesRAWR

AlissaGoesRAWR
  • Hash Slinging Slasher

• 6,959 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2012
  • 5,235 rep

Yeah that's what bothers me the most. I don't mind being hit on, but I don't want people thinking that I'm only there to take someone home. 
It also bums me out seeing everyone else having a good time. 

Yeah, you shouldn't have to worry about going to a bar alone, if we lived in a perfect world. But sadly I assume most men would automatically consider you a target to be preyed upon, depending on the type of place. It sucks. So unless you're OK with dealing with that, good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users