Stray Heart music video

LittleBoyNamedTrain

well, it was fun following that guy around. overall, a nice video /decent interpretation of the song. green day could have been there or could have not been, either way, the video is really good.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't like it actually :/ It seemed to animated and fake... I dont know, it didnt have that Green Day touch to it. Like he was chasing an animated heart... :/ Love the song still, just not the video :/

Lol im hearing alot of Ohmerrrgeerd Greeeennn Dehhrrr wheeerrrent in derrr videooo. Who cares seriously

Also, please give me a boy that buys me tons of Green Day vinyls, I wouldn't care about his heart :P

:lol: :lol: YES!

plus were people seriously thinking green day were gonna be in the video in the current circumstances :ermm::dry:

What a relief after Sam Bayer's shit. Not my favourite but much better! At least the heart's funny. :P

Even if the guys are not in it,I must admit the video is brilliant

and even if it's a song about love it isn't the usual sentimental video

the idea is pretty original ,and it's one

of the few music videos about womanizers which is actually funny :lol:

Its the second worst video of the trilogy! This and Kill The DJ are the 2 worst, i still retain that the Oh Love video is good, then the Nuclear Family and Stay the Night videos are equal second place!

Has anyone mentioned the fact that Green Day is not in the video?:P

Oh, now I see the 10374917194 someone has mentioned it! -.-

Are you sure this is official? 'cause it's not the official YouTube channel.

Though I'm happy this one's not just Green Day jammin in a random place.

They need to do some videos with Mark Khor. All the best videos that Green Day made, in majority are from him (Basket Case, Hitchin a ride, Longview, Geek Stink Breath, When I Come Around ...).

It's a weird video, it will take some time before i will like it.

It's something new for Green Day to do some videos like this one.

I'm happy that Green Day are back !

Can I repeat myself in this thread?

The video is amazing!!! I love it though there's no band in it! (for a moment i thought it's Billie Joe who plays "the heart" :lol: ).

A storyline, beautiful GD vinyls, GDC-ers (yeah, i've spotted you :ninja: ) with that awesome song! it makes me watching the video over and over again!

The moment when a guy throws a beer can through the heart hole is my favorite! :wub:

Was watching this video and thinking .... How the hell is that guy still alive :lol: I mean if you have no heart then you'd be dead ?

But whatever it was a funny music video and a brilliant one too despite Billie , mike , tre and Jason not being in it :)

I didn't like it actually :/ It seemed to animated and fake... I dont know, it didnt have that Green Day touch to it. Like he was chasing an animated heart... :/ Love the song still, just not the video :/

The animation did seem a little strange sometimes. Like, for some reason the heart seemed too small at times... I dunno, what do I know about animation anyway?

Actually, I kinda liked how Green Day wasn't in the video, it made the video seem more movie-like in a way. I loved how they were at the record store buying Green Day though! :P I thought it was awesome, the heart was so cool, I like the videos that are more like movies, I always have. (Yes, I do like JOS.) Loved it and loved how it was all Green Day fans too! :)

Where are the fans that participated in it ?

I'm one sitting at the bar at 2:44.

I dunno, I think it's okay, but it didn't feel like a GREEN DAY video. Sure, there were tons of Green Day REFERENCES and a Green Day song was playing, but the whole atmosphere of the video seemed more like just an independent short film rather than a Green Day music video. Turn the sound off and show it to somebody without telling them what it is, and they wouldn't be able to say "Yeah, that's a Green Day video" right off the bat. I guess that's what makes it unique and different from the other Trilogy videos we've seen so far, but I dunno, it seemed too art school and not enough Green Day for me. Maybe if the colors were brighter and more saturated and fit the Trilogy's color scheme more, or if the colors at least matched the mood of the song better, I would've found it more engaging, but as is, it's just very blah.

As far as the story goes, however, I did think it was pretty interesting. You felt sorry for the guy, and it left you hoping for a good resolution. It also didn't hit you over the head with the story or spell it out for you, which leaves it open to interpretation. I just wish the visuals were more striking and helped engage you in the story a bit more.

Bottom line: it has a good story and concept, but it wasn't very engaging, and the bland color scheme didn't make it enough of a Green Day video for me.

I must be in the very small majority of people who liked Kill The DJ the most out of all the Trilogy videos we've gotten so far. :S

I LOVE the song but I'm definitely not a fan of the video - the worst Green Day video imo. Pretty weird & doesn't fit the tempo of the song.

Archived