Next Single off ¡Dos! ?

Kuwanger

we all know it's out in less than 6 days, the album has leaked, and Green Day has already released "The Forgotten" (ala, Breaking Dawn Part 2 soundtrack) as a single off ¡Tre! ...

...NEVERTHELESS...

what should be the next single off ¡Dos! ?

I'm going with "Lazy Bones," (best on the album) maybe "Fuck Time" (note: cringing what the radio edit of a chorus would be) and definitely "Amy" as the last single.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recall an interview in which Billie Joe said that they had three singles in mind; "Kill the DJ for Uno, Fuck Time for Dos and 99 Revolutions for Tre". So I suppose that at least some parts of the world will get Fuck Time.

That said, I wasn't a fan of Stray Heart as a single in the first place. Wow! That's loud as a single would be pretty awesome. I like Fuck Time as a fan, but I know that most people will thing it's ridiculous.

This is what I've been wondering...I think SWTRLF would be an awesome single, short...snappy...no swear words to bleep out, and it'll have that 'This is Green Day?!' effect I think. I agree with you on Lazy Bones, I've only heard the Angry Birds preview but it sounds like an amazing song, really distinctive sounding :) If they really wanted to throw everyone for a loop they would release Nightlife as a single...now that get some attention, good or bad.

If I was Green Day, I would have picked as singles Stray Heart, Makeout Party, STWTRF and Lazy Bones.

I think Amy needs to be a single (haven't hear the full album yet, but I think that song would make a good radio hit)

Given the circumstances right now I don't think we should just presume there will be a second single off iDOS!

Choice of singles is a label call in the end, and perhaps they see commercial harm in putting out the intentional singles like Fuck Time and so on, because they would look bad in light of Billie's recent condition. That could explain the transfer of Stray Heart, the lack of advertisement and the release bump of iTRÉ!, which will get more publicity for sure.

So I think the chance of the next single being from either iDOS! or iTRÉ! are 50/50.

But if, probably not Fuck Time, though it would be perfect. Probably something like either "Amy" or "Wow! That's Loud", in my opinion.

But if, probably not Fuck Time, though it would be perfect. Probably something like either "Amy" or "Wow! That's Loud", in my opinion.

"Wow! That's Loud" as a single would be definitely awesome, just 'cause of the title XD I haven't heard the song, but I'm sure it's awesome :lol:

But yeah, I don't think "Fuck Time" is going to be a single either, they could still release it as a live video for us! Much like "Let Yourself Go", even though it was a single in the end.

"Wow! That's Loud" as a single would be definitely awesome, just 'cause of the title XD I haven't heard the song, but I'm sure it's awesome :lol:

But yeah, I don't think "Fuck Time" is going to be a single either, they could still release it as a live video for us! Much like "Let Yourself Go", even though it was a single in the end.

It sounds like My Generation. xD

But the solo is BADASS, and the bridge is strange (positively :D)

Given the circumstances right now I don't think we should just presume there will be a second single off iDOS!

Choice of singles is a label call in the end, and perhaps they see commercial harm in putting out the intentional singles like Fuck Time and so on, because they would look bad in light of Billie's recent condition. That could explain the transfer of Stray Heart, the lack of advertisement and the release bump of iTRÉ!, which will get more publicity for sure.

Suffice to say, I'd like to think Green Day recorded some sort of footage for potential singles prior to Billie Joe's meltdown. Again, "The Forgotten" already has a video out (although, it also is being cross-promoted for the Twilight Soundtrack gig) prior to Billie Joe returning to touring and promoting with the band.

On another note, it also seems cryptic that Armstrong's incident occurred shortly before the release of the "getting ready for the party" record (¡Uno!) leaving him totally absent for "party record" (¡Dos!) and could potentially return in time for the release of "the hangover/aftermath of the party" record. (¡Tré!)

BY NO MEANS do I imply that what happened at iHeartRadio was a publicity stunt. However, the timing of the record releases could draw a biographical parallel to the rehab and recovery journey Billie Joe Armstrong is battling as we speak, giving this ¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré! triology a whole new deeper meaning for Green Day fans.

From the trailer, it's pretty obvious the SH, FT and SWTRLF were the intended singles from DOS!, but now that Billie is gone and TRE! has been bumped forward, I can see FT being a single without a music video, and SWTRLF not being a single at all. Yeah, Lazy Bones is an awesome song, but it's not going to be a single. Neither is Amy.

It sounds like My Generation. xD

But the solo is BADASS, and the bridge is strange (positively :D)

That sounds brilliant! Can't wait to hear the album!!

That sounds brilliant! Can't wait to hear the album!!

I personally prefer Uno, but Dos is great. One of my favourites was Makeout Party. After another badass solo (Makeout Party and Wow! that's Loud have best solos in the album) Mike plays a bridge that's just... *.*

Haha there is no way that "Fuck Time" could be a single..

I can imagine it on the radio now..

"And here is Green Day's new song... 'it's time.'"

"Baby, baby its **** time..."

The song can't be heard like that T___T

I hope it's not Fuck Time, because I really don't wanna hear a clean version of it.

I recall an interview in which Billie Joe said that they had three singles in mind; "Kill the DJ for Uno, Fuck Time for Dos and 99 Revolutions for Tre". So I suppose that at least some parts of the world will get Fuck Time.

Yes but bear in mind things have changed with Tre now only round the corner.

They have two active videos at the moment; SH & TF so I think the next one could be from either Dos or Tre (especially as we have no idea what lovely morsels will be coming our way on that).

I hope it's not Fuck Time, because I really don't wanna hear a clean version of it.

i' couldn't be more agree with you!!!

Lazy Bones would work as a single I think, but I don't really want it to be a single :P haha

It will be Wild One.

Probably, never thought about it, I don't really like that song though, just a little.

I would really like Fuck Time, but I'd rather see that it would be some other song, because I don't even want to hear the clean version of Fuck Time. :happy: I mean Fuck Time it's Fuck Time!?! :angry

It will be Wild One.

That would be cool! :)

Probably, never thought about it, I don't really like that song though, just a little.

I don't really like it a lot (just like you said, a little) buut it has a nice melody so I think it would work as a single.

Archived