Nightlife has taken the title for the worst Green Day song ever.

Clayish

The production was overkill. In Hip Hop? Of course it's overkill. It's a fucking hip hop track.

That doesn't make any sense.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't wanna talk, don't post.

Awww, you're gonna need some precipate at around 0 degrees Fahrenheit for that burn!

Definetly, it fucking sucks. It was good at the start with just Billie's vocals and it was sounding all mysterious. Reminded me off The Offspring's "Dirty Magic" (The 2012 version more so). Then Lady Cobra comes along with her shitty as fuck rap, Rap is probably my second favorite genre of music behind Rock (I class Punk and Pop Punk as sub-genres of rock) but this is song is just shit. I really do like Dos though, and experimenting different types of music is good, and Green Day have always done it just in this case, they haven't produced a good song. (Brain Stew, Kind For A Day, Good Riddance, Warning, Waiting, Macy Day Parade, Minority/American Idiot, JOS/HC, WMUWSE, Peacemaker, Kill The DJ, Oh Love, FBHT, Network, FOD, Modern World, BOBD etc. all were experimental)

The production was overkill. In Hip Hop? Of course it's overkill. It's a fucking hip hop track.

Oh! Oh! Its because a lot of rappers are BLACK right?

I thought we were past this people...shame! Be ashamed!

Each one of my friends hates the song, me too.

It's ok, the bassline is good, the atmosphere is very intense

But WHY? Green Day, WHYYYYYYY? That rap is, sadly, the worst Green Day song ever

Awww, you're gonna need some precipate at around 0 degrees Fahrenheit for that burn!

That's like -20 degrees Celsius. I'm sure you would get frostbite at that temperature. Which in essence is a burn...

Oh! Oh! Its because a lot of rappers are BLACK right?

I thought we were past this people...shame! Be ashamed!

What.

That's like -20 degrees Celsius. I'm sure you would get frostbite at that temperature. Which in essence is a burn...

Frostbite would cancel it out, if the burn is so bad that you're burning alive of course.

Depends on what kind of burning you prefer to be honest. I'm a frostbite kind of guy personally. Don't judge me.

I thought the same when i first heard it. But any sane person would say it isn't even the worst song on Dos. It is a quality rap song/Misery type Warning party song. And I think Lady Cobra is an awesome singer. The song is so freaking sexy. It takes it to the dirty extreme but it makes sure it isn't degrading to women. It actually kinda is a cry to women. It is kinda like One for the Razorbacks of Kerplunk! Shows the satire of it but speaks for feminism at the same time. I've always admired when green day does that. So many punk bands fail to get that message through. Dookie only enhanced that fact and it was done even somewhat ambitiously. I mean just listen to the lyrics of She. For it's slacker reputation, Dookie and many of their other early albums, are overshadowed by the fun and ridiculous. Dookie can being freeing and inspiring, same with Insomniac, Nimrod, and Warning is the culmination of that inspiration where the fan love comes back to the band and with American Idiot it is all capped off with an explosion. Shame how people can't see that. I say if you only like old green day, you never were a true green day fan because you missed the main point.

Can someone post a picture of this Lady Cobra person? I'm really interested to see what she looks like now.

I did a google search but a whole bunch of different folk showed up.

I thought the same when i first heard it. But any sane person would say it isn't even the worst song on Dos. It is a quality rap song/Misery type Warning party song. And I think Lady Cobra is an awesome singer. The song is so freaking sexy. It takes it to the dirty extreme but it makes sure it isn't degrading to women. It actually kinda is a cry to women. It is kinda like One for the Razorbacks of Kerplunk! Shows the satire of it but speaks for feminism at the same time. I've always admired when green day does that. So many punk bands fail to get that message through. Dookie only enhanced that fact and it was done even somewhat ambitiously. I mean just listen to the lyrics of She. For it's slacker reputation, Dookie and many of their other early albums, are overshadowed by the fun and ridiculous. Dookie can being freeing and inspiring, same with Insomniac, Nimrod, and Warning is the culmination of that inspiration where the fan love comes back to the band and with American Idiot it is all capped off with an explosion. Shame how people can't see that. I say if you only like old green day, you never were a true green day fan because you missed the main point.

I never knew feminism was about being the slutty girl at the bar...

Can someone post a picture of this Lady Cobra person? I'm really interested to see what she looks like now.

I did a google search but a whole bunch of different folk showed up.

She's got a donk, that's all you need to know.

If you wish to see it, look up Text Messaging Slut on YouTube.

I think she might be latina or something..

I think Billie's part was catchy..

The effects?

Maybe a tiny bit overdone,but catchy.

The bassline and instrumentals? Even as a Rap song Green Day never disappoints,IT's Sexy As Fk.

The lyrics for the rap on the other hand sucks ass.

"Better make a move before I get bored?"

what the fuck?

But if I didn't listen to the lyrics or care for it,It's generally a good song.I like it.

Lyrically,No.

In terms of catchiness yes.

picard-face-palm.gif

You're one to talk about feminism when you throw around "slutty" so casually.

I like it a lot. It's different and fun and sometimes Lady Cobra's rap makes me feel tingly in my pants.

...sometimes Lady Cobra's rap makes me feel tingly in my pants.

Have to repost this!

She's got a donk, that's all you need to know.

If you wish to see it, look up Text Messaging Slut on YouTube.

I think she might be latina or something..

Satire. That is what punk started as. Dead Kennedys singing about Nazi's, a bunch other good and crap bands have done the same. Just because the song is about an "encounter" doesn't mean it is sexist. Everyone does shit, it is how you clean it up that matters. That what Amy starts to go into and what Tre will continue.

picard-face-palm.gif

You're one to talk about feminism when you throw around "slutty" so casually.

Well, when she talks about telling someone to "explore my vocal chord".and hooch and chooch (vagina?) that seems to fit into the "Hey, get me drunk and we may just hook up!" sort of thing.

Well, when she talks about telling someone to "explore my vocal chord".and hooch and chooch (vagina?) that seems to fit into the "Hey, get me drunk and we may just hook up!" sort of thing.

*le sigh*

If it wasn't 5 in the morning here, and I honestly thought I could change your mind an iota, I'd strike up a lively discussion.

Satire. That is what punk started as. Dead Kennedys singing about Nazi's, a bunch other good and crap bands have done the same. Just because the song is about an "encounter" doesn't mean it is sexist. Everyone does shit, it is how you clean it up that matters. That what Amy starts to go into and what Tre will continue.

Watch Text Messaging Slut, Lady Cobra seems a little...exploratory. Roller skating in panties and messing around with a robot's 3 foot wang...seems kind of..odd.

No you're reading into that wrong. The girl is the one that is initiating it. And if you listen to other songs on the album, you will see what I mean.

Watch Text Messaging Slut, Lady Cobra seems a little...exploratory. Roller skating in panties and messing around with a robot's 3 foot wang...seems kind of..odd.

That sounds fucking great. (as Ceadog said) If it wasn't for it being just past 5am here and me sitting in work I would totally check that shit out!

*le sigh*

If it wasn't 5 in the morning here, and I honestly thought I could change your mind an iota, I'd strike up a lively discussion.

And obviously I was being sarcastic. I don't think feminism is about that. I do think a lot of feminists are annoying as hell and hypocritical though. At least the ones on internet forums, but hey everyone is on a forum

No you're reading into that wrong. The girl is the one that is initiating it. And if you listen to other songs on the album, you will see what I mean.

Yeah, girl initiating it, while being drunk. That kind of fits into the slutty bar girl thing. Some girls act like that when they're drunk. Which is exactly what I'm saying, so...

Archived