Nightlife has taken the title for the worst Green Day song ever.

Clayish

You said they were worse than those tracks, surely that's a comparison? No?

Whatever man, don't really care haha.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that'll make it better....

Never has it been so easy to detect internet sarcasm. Although I must say I do agree!

You're 15. Go out and play fucking football. I didn't have my first fucking coffee until I was 16 never mind getting fucked up.

No worries, I am clean.

It feels weird, I get your point, but after I listened it several times, I found it kinda good, it's not my favorite, I hate the girl's voice, but it's fun to hear BJ's voice :lol:

No worries, I am clean.

Of course you are. No drug dealer is retarded enough to sell to a child. Well in my brain i hope that!

Because it get's lost in the thread, and the song is that bad. You can also discuss what you think is a worse song.

gotta make sure every sees your brilliant and oh so insightful opinions, i see. i'm pretty sure theres also a thread for bad GD songs too

In my opinion this thread is just an invite for hurt feelings and bashing i mean i could make a thread about how people with profile pics of baseball games suck but i choose otherwise...my point is its pointless the deed is done the doers undone

Really though this is all opinion. You cant just say its the worst Green Day song ever, because it's obvious there's people who enjoy it. I think it's a great song up til the end of the solo. I think the rest of the song after that is ridiculously trashy, cheesy, and just intolerable. But the first 2 minutes or so, are actually pretty good!

In my opinion this thread is just an invite for hurt feelings and bashing i mean i could make a thread about how people with profile pics of baseball games suck but i choose otherwise...my point is its pointless the deed is done the doers undone

If you don't wanna talk, don't post.

This is easily debateable. In my opinion it's not one of the best Green Day songs ever, but it doesn't earn the title of worst. Last Ride In, Strangeland, and Rest all come to mind before Nightlife.

This is easily debateable. In my opinion it's not one of the best Green Day songs ever, but it doesn't earn the title of worst. Last Ride In, Strangeland, and Rest all come to mind before Nightlife.

Last Ride In is beyond chill.

Last Ride In is beyond chill.

But it breaks up Nimrod's flow so badly and contributes nothing to the album. Would have worked better on Shenanigans.

you're a towel

18041-215x300.jpg

you're a towel

oegco.png

But it breaks up Nimrod's flow so badly and contributes nothing to the album. Would have worked better on Shenanigans.

Eh, I can see it on Shenanigans, but I thought it fit the vibe of Nimrod perfectly. Love that track

I love how a lot of people complain that Green Day sounds the same in all of their songs. Once they put out something unique and different everyone hates it. IMO Nightlife is a pretty good song

This song fits the new sound that's come about recently, or gotten popular recently. That indie-pop/noise-pop, hipster trend that's sort of taken the place of straight up rock music. We know they've been influenced by Wavves with these albums (they've talked about taking him on tour) and it really does show in this song. Regardless of if we enjoy the song, we know they probably did do what they set out to do with it and it is well done for what it is. It's just a bit odd with the Green Day name attached to it.

You can hear this sound in Wavves' music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGFdpAMW60Q

I love how a lot of people complain that Green Day sounds the same in all of their songs. Once they put out something unique and different everyone hates it. IMO Nightlife is a pretty good song

Its not really all that unique...

The lyrics are horrendous, and lyrics are the most important aspect when it comes to rap. "This is place is a circus/I know you'll be my clown"?These lines are so lame.

Plus Lady Cobra makes herself sound like she's got the clap and gonderrah.

And candy apple isn't even a color. Candy apple RED is a color. The production was just overkill, the voice effect either needed to be toned down a lot, or toned up a lot. Either make it a subtle effect, or something that really makes an impact. Whether its suppose to make the song sound sleazy or not, it makes it drag. Lady Cobra should have stuck with one versde, her first one, which was the best. It just went downhill from there. The solo was nice, so was the last section (both would have been better if they had cut Lady Cobra's repeating vocals). And it just felt so thrown in there compared to other songs on the album. And nobody's bitching about experimentation, its just that not every experiment is going to be good.

P.S. in your opinion you like the song, well in the opinion of a lot of others they dislike it. So what's the problem? :P

The production was just overkill, the voice effect either needed to be toned down a lot, or toned up a lot. Either make it a subtle effect, or something that really makes an impact. Whether its suppose to make the song sound sleazy or not, it makes it drag.

The production was overkill. In Hip Hop? Of course it's overkill. It's a fucking hip hop track.

At first when Billie leaked it on Radio 1, I really hated this song. I don't hate it now nor do I like it. It's just meh. Do I wish a better song could have taken its place on the album? Yes. Am I gonna sit hear and cry because its on the album? Nope.

I find it weird though, in this song I actually prefer Lady Cobra's voice over Billie's on the song. The effect they put on his parts just ruins his voice. That is just my humble opinion.

Archived