Nightlife has taken the title for the worst Green Day song ever.

Clayish

This song, besides the great bassline, has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. They made Billie Joe's vocals into a zombie-like mess, and dont even start with the "it's supposed to be that way", they made BJ sound horrible.

Lady Cobra comes in?. 6T5st.gif

The 2 verses from the absolutely horrible female rapper are a complete disgrace to rap, Green Day, and music overall.

What's with this "This is the Kill the DJ of the album"... At least Kill the DJ was somewhat good. This is almost un-listenable, I feel embarrassed listening to this coming from my favorite band.

I honestly have no idea what Green Day were thinking recording this track. Yeah yeah, the classic "They were trying something different".

Please don't move into the Dos thread, this is thread worthy.

What do you think the worst Green Day song is. Do you agree? Disagree? Why?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Nightlife. I understand your perspective and I'm not surprised it's such a polarizing song, but I find the zombie-quality of his voice HYPNOTIZING, not horrible. It took some getting used to, but I was sucked in, as Zombies are good at doing. This song puts me in a zombie-like trance, and I like it. Very few songs can shut off my psyche like that and it's like being on a drug.

I do find the rap lyrics a bit cringe-worthy and I'm not a fan of Lady Cobra's rapping, although I think the tune goes fine with the song. I also really like the background instrumentals.

I loved it and many people do. If you don't like it, move the fuck on. There's no use creating topic for it. You can gladly discuss it in the Dos Album topic. Jeez.

The actual rap lyrics are stupid. Rapping can be pretty awesome. But her lyrics are just stupid.

I like Lady Cobra more than Nightlife

I loved it If you don't like it, move the fuck on.

feelings caught.

The actual rap lyrics are stupid. Rapping can be pretty awesome. But her lyrics are just stupid.

I like Lady Cobra more than Nightlife

Lady Cobra is sick.

You sir are the one who are the ball lickers ::Jay & Silent Bob reference:: nightlife rules!

You sir are the one who are the ball lickers ::Jay & Silent Bob reference:: nightlife rules!

great movie.

Love it, something unique and different - every non Green Day fanatic complains that every GD song sounds the same, they release something completely different and Green Day fanatics whine about it not being the same old same old.

why does this need its own thread

Because it get's lost in the thread, and the song is that bad. You can also discuss what you think is a worse song.

I really don't find it that bad. I mean I like the fact that Green Day is expanding what they are doing (: It's different and fresh for them. I mean I am not going to say it's my favorite song or anything, but I do enjoy it (: And geez, having a whole thread just to bash one song seems pretty ridiculous though...:/

My question for the original poster is what did it take the title from?

Also, My 2 cents on the track. To me it sounds like a mash up between Massive Attack and Green Day with a chick doing the rap section. It's by no means my favorite Green Day track but I dig it. I love a bit of hip hop. I'm also sure I could convince a couple of hip hop dj's to stick it in there set. That would be way cool for a band like Green Day.

Rest or Best Thing in Town.

You're comparing it to songs that the guys probably wrote when they were like 15? Fool.

1000 hours might be a worse song. I also like Nightlife better than Murder City, although I seem to be outnumbered in that sentiment by a factor of millions

You're comparing it to songs that the guys probably wrote when they were like 15? Fool.

When did I ever compare. Those are my least 2 favorite tracks in their discography, this has taken over as my least favorite.

Didn't compare at all breh.

When I see this on the index the title stops at "tit"

Nightlife has taken the tit...

When did I ever compare. Those are my least 2 favorite tracks in their discography, this has taken over as my least favorite.

Didn't compare at all breh.

You said they were worse than those tracks, surely that's a comparison? No?

Haven't done it personally, but try listening to it high or drunk or something. I'm sure it'll be a lot better.

I also like Nightlife better than Murder City

lAPpd.png

Haven't done it personally, but try listening to it high or drunk or something. I'm sure it'll be a lot better.

Yeah, that'll make it better....lAPpd.png

You're 15. Go out and play fucking football. I didn't have my first fucking coffee until I was 16 never mind getting fucked up.

Archived