Similarities in Green Day songs

maurokanvaz

Probably the wrong place to post this, but I hope a mod will help me out..

Well anyways, I open this post so you can discuss how the new Uno, Dos, Tre songs sound like any other Green Day songs from the past years..

I'm going to give you some examples:

The chorus of Amy sounds a little like Shoplifter..

The chorus of Lazy Bones sounds a little like Favorite Son..

So, keep em coming I know there's more people than just me noticing this..

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus, don't get me started. It's not just the new stuff. Every time I listen to a Green Day song I hear bits of at least 3 other songs :P

The Static Age sounds like Church on Sunday, Viva la Gloria sounds like Deadbeat Holiday, etc

Maria and Let Yourself Go (The opening drums)

Loss of Control and Fuck Off and Die (The main riff, electric part of FOD)

Fuck Time and Warning (Chorus and Main Riff)

Rusty James and Scattered (The verses)

Lady Cobra and Longview (The intro sounds a bit like the Longview chorus, only a bit)

Haushinka and Walking Contradiction (Riff towards the end sounds like Walking Contradictions main riff)

Its either Westbound Sign or No Pride sounds like All The Time (They have a really similar main riff, All The Time's is slower)

Sweet 16 and All The Time (Opening riff for both of them)

Scattered, Welcome To Paradise and another one on 21stCB I think or maybe one from the trilogy have one simillar bit, I think in Paradise its after "This sudden fear has left me trembling" and Scattered its after "story to tell and I am listening", and there was another one but idk what.

• 3 months later...

I've noticed that the guitar on Loss of Control sound pretty similar to Letterbomb.

The most egregious example has to be that of "American Eulogy" and "Deadbeat Holiday". I love both songs, but you can't deny that they have almost the exact same melody much of the time.

Missing You and Church on Sunday

Sex Drugs and Violence and Nuclear Family

Troublemaker and F*** Time

Lots of their songs sound very similar to each other. It's the curse of playing 3 chord punk rock for most of your life.

Quite a few songs almost have the same chord progressions.

She's A Saint Not A Celebrity sounds a lot like Walking Contradiction at times. Deadbeat Holiday and American Eulogy sound really similar in certain places. The Static Age sounds like Church On Sunday. There are a ton more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

I have not read anything here , I mean the earlier posts, but Dirty Rotten Bastards has the exact same melody as Shoplifter. And Rusty James sounds a bit like Scattered, but I don't think of that anymore, cause I think that Rusty James is one of the best songs of the trilogy. There are a many songs that have similarities with each other in the Green Day Catalouge. But Billie use to be good at finding different melodies to very common chords. Though not on pretty much of the trilogy, but the songs are still growing more and more. Haha sorry folks, I pretty much suck on explaining stuff in english and I'm very tired :)

Dirty Rotten Bastards and Amy have the same melody as Shoplifter. Would Green Day recycle a b-side so more people could hear its melody? :lol:

2000 lightyears/ chump : Same intro

The judges daughter: "Can we find a way, so that you can stay, i think i'm gonna pop " sounds similar to the verses in Desensitized

basket case/ One of my lies have the same chord structure for the verses.

1000 hours and Pinhead Gunpowders Benicia by the bay, the latter has an octave riff near the end that sounds like it's about to go into the outro of 1000 hours.

Theres a chord riff in the mid section of All the time that sounds similar to parts of 409 in your coffeemaker

The part of Haushinka that has a bit of walking contradicition in it.

Horse shoe and hand grenades has the trouble maker riff in it.

Archived