Anyone play GD on drums?

brianbags

I tend to disagree. Tre' is a better punk pop drummer. Dos is pure rock n' roll. I wish he was able to do a little more with some of the songs for instance Makeout Party. Great song but the drums are quite uneventful. Mainly plays the same thing the whole time. Maybe he could have done a I fought the law impersonation with a little Dave Grohl mixed in. I just hoped he would change his style just a little for the new kind of sound. The live versions are just as mediocre. Dookie, Insomniac, and Nimrod are probably his best drumming albums.

Wait. Drums on Makeout Party are uneventful?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. AI, Dookie and Dos and so far above the others in my opinion. A hidden gem is Novacaine. The beat the chorus is fucking AWESOME.

Btw, do you any of you know how to play Longview actually correctly? I think only one or two covers on YouTube actually do it right. I don't blame the others though, it's a tough beat to learn and it's tough to keep in time.

I still haven't found anything on YouTube or any music that's been helpful. Longview seems so simple but it's really hard to learn.

I'm a drummer and a biggest Green Day fan. I love Tré's drumming in all the albums except 21CB. For drum, Uno look a lot like Dookie in songs like Stay The Night or Nuclear Family !

I still haven't found anything on YouTube or any music that's been helpful. Longview seems so simple but it's really hard to learn.

Yeah there is nothing anywhere helpful. The two most helpful live versions though are Bullet in a Bible and Fox Theater though. All the covers are off, even mine a little but when I posted it a few years ago. I think I had the bass pattern wrong. It's actually one kick, two kicks, one kick, etc. When it comes to the hands your right always stays on the second floor tom, left uses both. Beyond that it's hard to explain lol

Archived