Anyone play GD on drums?

brianbags

I know there's a thread to discuss chords in their new songs, but I don't think there is one dedicated to Tré. Anyone here play drums?

Anyway, Tré goes wild on Dos. I definitely think it's his best work yet, especially Makeout Party. All over the place.. it's gonna be a pain in the ass to learn.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a drummer but I know a little, and I love Tre's drumming in Uno! and Dos! Especially in Uno!, I haven't payed that much attention to it on Dos! yet.

I'm not a drummer but I know a little, and I love Tre's drumming in Uno! and Dos! Especially in Uno!, I haven't payed that much attention to it on Dos! yet.

Uno is pretty easy but still great. Carpe Diem and Nuclear Family are the highlights for me...Dos will just be plain hard to learn. He pulls out so many new fills. Before he used part of part three of JoS ALL the time, but I don't think he does much of it on Dos. I have no idea what he's playing for once

Yeah, I play drums. I have to say, out of all of GDs albums as a whole, I still love the drums on Dookie the most. I mean, Tre murders everything he does, but Dookie is just totally sick. What I've heard off of Dos is awesome though. I've played the Burnout solo wayyy too many times and I need new stuff to learn, so hopefully Dos will satisfy that need :D

cant comment on tré's drumming on DOS..but on UNO its amazing, not as lame as it was on 21CB..and i remember an interview where tré said that there is one kick-ass drum solo in ?missing you? on TRÉ ^^

cant comment on tré's drumming on DOS..but on UNO its amazing, not as lame as it was on 21CB..and i remember an interview where tré said that there is one kick-ass drum solo in ?missing you? on TRÉ ^^

Tre is never lame. -_-

Tre is never lame. -_-

ya..but if i compare 21CB to other records, it doesnt make as much fun as on AI for example

I'm slowly playing Green Day songs on the drums, it's tough for me because I'm a singer/guitarist/bassist. I've only gotten to the level of chops and ALMOST 16th notes. Usually Tre does 16th notes on the hi-hats and I'm getting there. His drumming compared to Angels and Airwaves (which I usually drum to) is ALOT funner to play with... Now I just gotta wait till my friend gets his other drum set so I can have his old set at my house. :D

Solo on Tre?? Well that's fucking awesome, I hoped for at least one in the trilogy

I'm slowly playing Green Day songs on the drums, it's tough for me because I'm a singer/guitarist/bassist. I've only gotten to the level of chops and ALMOST 16th notes. Usually Tre does 16th notes on the hi-hats and I'm getting there. His drumming compared to Angels and Airwaves (which I usually drum to) is ALOT funner to play with... Now I just gotta wait till my friend gets his other drum set so I can have his old set at my house. :D

Yeah 16th take awhile to get used to, especially building up the stamina. Your arm kills in the beginning. And then you have to add in the accent type of thing he does, it's like every other hit on the hi-hat is accented. You can see it if you watch a song like Welcome to Paradise. It took me awhile to be able to do it but it really adds a cool touch

ya..but if i compare 21CB to other records, it doesnt make as much fun as on AI for example

that is true. the drums didn't shine on 21CB, but Tre still did a good job and had some pretty rad moments. i mean, the album as a whole wasn't as energetic as their other albums. but it still freaking rocks.

Yeah 16th take awhile to get used to, especially building up the stamina. Your arm kills in the beginning. And then you have to add in the accent type of thing he does, it's like every other hit on the hi-hat is accented. You can see it if you watch a song like Welcome to Paradise. It took me awhile to be able to do it but it really adds a cool touch

Yeaah, especially when I play Ghost on the Dancefloor by blink-182 it's such a PAIN. Do you know any tricks to strengthen it ?

I play drums for... 2 years? I'm not really good though. The 16 notes... Nah, not quite there yet. :P In response to Patrick's post: The drumming in Ghost on the Dancefloor is... Well, extreme. :lol: I'd love to know any tricks to train that skill too. :lol:

Yeaah, especially when I play Ghost on the Dancefloor by blink-182 it's such a PAIN. Do you know any tricks to strengthen it ?

Haha oh Ghost on the Dancefloor.. I learned that a couple months ago. Fucking wild solo. And those fast hi-hat parts are probably worse than Peacemaker. Only problem is Peacemaker's verses are a little long lol

I started lifting to strengthen it, but that didn't really seem to help much actually. You just have to keep practicing and after hours and hours of hell it'll become as easy as the 21 Guns verses.

Well maybe not that easy.....still hurts sometimes but you'll at least be able to keep it steady. But yeah, repetition. I've spent more time and effort on the drums than any one other thing I've done in my life I think

Haha oh Ghost on the Dancefloor.. I learned that a couple months ago. Fucking wild solo. And those fast hi-hat parts are probably worse than Peacemaker. Only problem is Peacemaker's verses are a little long lol

I started lifting to strengthen it, but that didn't really seem to help much actually. You just have to keep practicing and after hours and hours of hell it'll become as easy as the 21 Guns verses.

Well maybe not that easy.....still hurts sometimes but you'll at least be able to keep it steady. But yeah, repetition. I've spent more time and effort on the drums than any one other thing I've done in my life I think

Guess it's all dedication and hard work, hmm ? haha.

I play drums for... 2 years? I'm not really good though. The 16 notes... Nah, not quite there yet. :P In response to Patrick's post: The drumming in Ghost on the Dancefloor is... Well, extreme. :lol: I'd love to know any tricks to train that skill too. :lol:

I'm honestly surprised I can manage playing that song without straining a muscle. I usually bullshit the solo though, hahaha. :lol:

I play the drums, haven't had the chance to play in ages though :( I mostly played older stuff and a few 21CB songs. I'd love to try some trilogy stuff, the drums on Dos definitely sound awesome!

Yeah, I play drums. I have to say, out of all of GDs albums as a whole, I still love the drums on Dookie the most. I mean, Tre murders everything he does, but Dookie is just totally sick. What I've heard off of Dos is awesome though. I've played the Burnout solo wayyy too many times and I need new stuff to learn, so hopefully Dos will satisfy that need :D

This. I love Tre's drumming but Dookie is always in my mind when i think of his best drumming. The fills are fun as hell to play. Anyways i play drums too and i had a little dabble at learning some songs from Dos yesterday, in terms of drumming its a step up from Uno thats for sure.

I'm proud to say that I can play every Green Day song on drums.

But yeah, Makeout Party is going to take some time to get every hit perfectly correct - because his drumming on that song is all over the place.. and it sounds awesome. Probably going to have to write that one on music sheets.

My brother is a great drummer, he's joined the forum so I'll guess he'll probably show up here at some point. Anyway, he's been playing Green Day songs for 5 years. It'll be interesting to see what he thinks, anyway.

16 will always be Tré's finest moment. Always.

As a drummer, I thought American Idiot had the best drums, but I think ¡Dos! takes it. Tré is fucking insane.

(not bragging) Ive been drumming for 15 years and can play the green day catalogue.. all i've gotta say is that the way tre plays is sooo outstanding I personally love the drumming on insomniac the best and dos reminds me of his younger years..but no matter what age he is he still plays the shit outta those skins haha tres the tits!

I love watching live clips of Tre play, just because he pulls off the most amazingly heavy and intricate drum solos without even batting an eyelid.

As a drummer, I thought American Idiot had the best drums, but I think ¡Dos! takes it. Tré is fucking insane.

Agreed. AI, Dookie and Dos and so far above the others in my opinion. A hidden gem is Novacaine. The beat the chorus is fucking AWESOME.

Btw, do you any of you know how to play Longview actually correctly? I think only one or two covers on YouTube actually do it right. I don't blame the others though, it's a tough beat to learn and it's tough to keep in time.

My brother is a great drummer, he's joined the forum so I'll guess he'll probably show up here at some point. Anyway, he's been playing Green Day songs for 5 years. It'll be interesting to see what he thinks, anyway.

16 will always be Tré's finest moment. Always.

Tré wasn't the drummer on 16. it was John Kiffmeyer a.k.a Al Sobrante

Unless you're referring to "Sweet 16" which is drummed by Tré

Tré wasn't the drummer on 16. it was John Kiffmeyer a.k.a Al Sobrante

Unless you're referring to "Sweet 16" which is drummed by Tré

Al may have written it, but Tré made it his own. Listen to the version from Radio Daze.

I tend to disagree. Tre' is a better punk pop drummer. Dos is pure rock n' roll. I wish he was able to do a little more with some of the songs for instance Makeout Party. Great song but the drums are quite uneventful. Mainly plays the same thing the whole time. Maybe he could have done a I fought the law impersonation with a little Dave Grohl mixed in. I just hoped he would change his style just a little for the new kind of sound. The live versions are just as mediocre. Dookie, Insomniac, and Nimrod are probably his best drumming albums.

Archived