"Stray Heart" Screen Shot

bri1039

But in the end the heart went back to that blonde girl, who didn't want it back. "But I just can't have you"

when I think of the lyrics of stray heart there is a different story for me than the story in the music video, maybe that's the reason why I didn't get it

I don't like the story of the music video but it's the best video of the triology so far

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really fits the song, the addition of the band wasn't even necessary :D (plus I dig the vinyls)

It wasn't directed by Sam Bayer right? :lol: It's noticeable.

I just don't like it. The video doesn't connect with the music at all, with lyrics - yes, but not hte music. It has no style. I really think any Sam Bayer's video is better that this. Even Oh love. I am very disappointed :mad:

Video is okay, kinda funny. But umm, no Green Day at all?

You have Green Da vinyls :toocool: and hey, now green day in Jesus Of Suburbia too...

Maybe the guy was a womanizing jerk in the past. He has a girlfriend, who notices he is actually heartless. Somewhere along the way the man lost his heart. The dude is like what the fuck and he starts to look for his heart and he finds it with other women, quite possibly ex-girlfriends or one night stands or something like that. "I lost my way, oh baby, this stray heart went to another" IMO it's like his heart forces him to look back at his past life.

Eventually the heart is done with it's business and goes back to that blonde girl, it notices she is 'the one'. At that point it's already too late, he can't have the blonde girl back. "Everything that I want I want from you, but I just can't have you"

My interpretation. :lol:

You have Green Da vinyls :toocool: and hey, now green day in Jesus Of Suburbia too...

Haha, okay, except the vinyls. And I don't like Jesus of suburbia video anyway. :lol:

First (proper) video from the trilogy that doesn't change the way I feel about the song in a negative way. I approve. :)

That being said, there's nothing amazing about it at all. But at this point I'm just thankful for any video less traumatizing than Oh Love.

Dudes why are some people upset green day arent in the video. Big deal lots of bands have videos they dont appear in. Weird.

I just don't like it. The video doesn't connect with the music at all, with lyrics - yes, but not hte music. It has no style. I really think any Sam Bayer's video is better that this. Even Oh love. I am very disappointed :mad:

I think it totally does.The lyrics completely go with the song.And ven the video of One more night by maroon 5 is similar, I meAN in direction and stuff, if you notice

any idea people who is that actor in the video?

Dudes why are some people upset green day arent in the video. Big deal lots of bands have videos they dont appear in. Weird.

Exactly! Plus, Billie shouldn't be doing anything like that while recovering so it doesn't matter.

I missed the scenes of Green Day playing. The video overall is very good though, I love the concept of the heart guy. My interpretation is:

The guy has cheated on his girlfriend because he's a very handsome guy and many girls want him (hence all these girls looking at him in the record store). To apologise, he buys some albums for her since she loves music. When he knocks her door the guy gives her the albums and she's very happy, but then she sees the pit in his chest and understands 'his heart has gone to another' and she is very angry and closes the door. Then the boy thinks he needs to go find his heart and go back to the blonde girl he loves, so he goes to the other girl's home and finds it. After chasing his heart they both go to his girlfriend's house to try and get back together. But she is still angry and leaves him, so he's now free to do what he wants.

Guest Trotsky

I really enjoyed the video!!!Is the first video of the trilogy that I watched it over five times in a row.

Unlike the previous two videos that were quite monotonous this video had an interesting development and was well filmed.

I hope they continue with the same director.It would be interesting to see other samples of his work. :)

I liked that this video had like a little story (: It wasn't just them playing..I miss the music videos that have stories and whatnot :)

Not too bad! Now..give me Lazy Bones xD

I like the story! It's quirky and takes the "stray heart" analogy literally, which is funny. Too bad the guys couldn't record a performance piece for it to add another dynamic, but still a good video!

I'm so glad they got rid from Sam Bayer (seriously, this guy suck).

It's a nice funny video that has got (OMG) a storyline! That is such a rare thing today, I hear people complaining that GD are not in video but seriously, it's the easiest thing you can do - rent nice studio and film the band playing. There are thousands of such videos and they all look the same. But this, this has something to think about, something to re-watch and try to interprete as you understand it. Cause y'know, this video allows us to use our imagination: who is this guy? who are this girls and what is his relationship with them? The most amazing thing is that there's no particular answer to these questions (and that is another sign of a really good script) - you get answers from your own imagonation, from your life experience and that makes characters closer to you.

Wow, that probably was too deep for such simple and fun video =) As a motion designer, there were couple things that I didn't really like, (in terms of CG) but it's not a hollywood movie with billion dollar budget so I'm good with it :) Most people don't even notice these things. But I loved the editing, it fits good with the music (again, something that Sam Bayer never could do properly).

Archived