Green Day Songs Dookiefied®

Dookiefied

As a Green Day cover artist myself (only I change the lyrics to promote reading to elementary aged school kids---haha I'm tricking them into listening to good music and being educated at the same time!!!) I've got to give you credit where credit's due. The songs sound great and I love your interpretation of them. Keep up the good work!!!

Thank's a lot man! That's really awesome to hear. :)

Guess who's getting played on WXOU.

Are you kidding me? What song did you play? :runaround:

For someone claiming to "Dookify" the songs, they sound nothing like the Dookie record. Half of them sound like hard rock, the other half sound A Day To Remember, which isn't a good thing.

I'm sorry I couldn't rent the same studio, technician, mixer (who is dead by the way), producer and gear. All I have is the cheap stuff I have at home and I'm just doing the best of my abilities. I know Billie Joe loves hard rock so maybe he'll be proud anyway :D

A Day To Remember? Really? Haha...I don't hear that at all.

I'm gonna take a stab at recording Stray Heart when I have time later today. Just gotta get the lyrics down and I should be good to go. And I'm hearing 86 instead of Letterbomb. After the drum roll at 0:26 I'm just expecting the palm muted guitars and "What brings you around..."

Also I bought Dumbstruck after listening to Nathalie about 10 times. Best money I've spent since I bough "My Head Is An Animal" earlier this week.

Please do record it! Can't wait to hear! :)

Wow, you bought our album? Thank you so much for the support! We're donating 50% of the income to autism research, just to let you know.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you kidding me? What song did you play? :runaround:

Nothing yet. I'm saving that for the next WXOU Green Day special coming up in just over two we--

Oops. Almost let it slip. :happy:

Yeha, the songs are maybe "better" now.

But they wanted to try something new, so there's nothing wrong with the new guitar tone.

I think, the new songs are perfect with the new tone. More energy.. (please don't kill me)

Yeha, the songs are maybe "better" now.

But they wanted to try something new, so there's nothing wrong with the new guitar tone.

I think, the new songs are perfect with the new tone. More energy.. (please don't kill me)

Sure, it's your opinion and that's fine, but I don't really see the need to debate this? I mean, the originals are still there for you to enjoy and if you don't like heavy guitar tones on these tracks there's no need to listen to the Dookiefied tracks. All I'm really trying to do here is to do something different with the songs and just have fun with it. I'm not trying to change the world or anything. It's not like this is going to start a movement to influence Green Day to roll back to 1994...oooor? :creep:

Nothing yet. I'm saving that for the next WXOU Green Day special coming up in just over two we--

Oops. Almost let it slip. :happy:

Could you give me a heads up when it's time? ;)

Stay The Night and Rusty James are epic. Damn, I wish they'd sound that way on the album. Love these Dookie - guitar tone.

Even though I love Joint Aktion I was a bit nervous about listening to the Dookiefied Stray Heart, with it being my favourite song from the trilogy. In case it felt a bit ruined or something... but it didn't at all! I love it, great work. :) Really liking the others as well.

I'll have to record myself singing to the instrumental one :P If I can find my microphone that is.

Sure, it's your opinion and that's fine, but I don't really see the need to debate this? I mean, the originals are still there for you to enjoy and if you don't like heavy guitar tones on these tracks there's no need to listen to the Dookiefied tracks. All I'm really trying to do here is to do something different with the songs and just have fun with it. I'm not trying to change the world or anything. It's not like this is going to start a movement to influence Green Day to roll back to 1994...oooor? :creep:

Haha :D I didn't meant it that seriuos :P

But sometimes..I take Green Day too seriously..I hate it when not everyone loves what they do. With their new guitar tone, they did something complete different..and of course, a lot of people start complaining. I'm not talking about you, this project is nice, very nice :D But you know..now even more people started complaining..I read comments like "better than original", which is good for you..but it kinda broke my heart :D Please don't think I'm a freak or some other shit, I just love this band.

Oh-oh... I tried some Karaoke to "Stray heart". But it´s the same with so many songs: either too high for me or too low... My voice needs something in between... Hey, but it´s fun to sing along!

Even though I love Joint Aktion I was a bit nervous about listening to the Dookiefied Stray Heart, with it being my favourite song from the trilogy. In case it felt a bit ruined or something... but it didn't at all! I love it, great work. :) Really liking the others as well.

I'll have to record myself singing to the instrumental one :P If I can find my microphone that is.

Cool, so you've been listening to Joint Aktion? That's really awesome :)

I could never meet up to the standards of Green Day or the talent of BJA so I don't even try. I just do my best and I choose to do it in my own way more than trying to sound strictly like Green Day, if you know what I mean. I'm really glad you like it. Means a lot to hear that kind of support for sure.

Haha :D I didn't meant it that seriuos :P

But sometimes..I take Green Day too seriously..I hate it when not everyone loves what they do. With their new guitar tone, they did something complete different..and of course, a lot of people start complaining. I'm not talking about you, this project is nice, very nice :D But you know..now even more people started complaining..I read comments like "better than original", which is good for you..but it kinda broke my heart :D Please don't think I'm a freak or some other shit, I just love this band.

Hehe, I'm sure you didn't. It's just that there's been so much talk about this since this was posted on GDA news and I guess I'm a little frustrated by the fact that some people find it so hard to just take it for what it is if you know what I mean?

I think you might just have to accept that we are all different and have different relationships to the band you know? I grew up as a teenager in the 90's listening to Dookie which was a HUGE part of my life and it's the thing that inspired me to start playing guitar and writing songs so obviously it has had a big impact on my life and I am sure many others. That's just the way it is. Maybe you'll look back too in 15 years and go, damn I really miss that era. Stuff that has a big impact on you as a teenager tend to stick to you throught much of your life I think. That's when you are being formed as a person I guess :) Really don't know what I am talking about here as I'm a bit drunk but I hope it makes some sense haha. Peace man :)

Oh-oh... I tried some Karaoke to "Stray heart". But it´s the same with so many songs: either too high for me or too low... My voice needs something in between... Hey, but it´s fun to sing along!

Yeah I know what you mean. This song was actually too low in key for me at some parts. I'm glad you're having fun with it tho. That's what I want to do with this. Make people smile :)

Here are our first Dookiefied songs! Hope you enjoy and wish to follow us on this ride!

OMG MORE! THESE ARE SO EPIC! They sound totally Dookie! :woot:

Hehe, I'm sure you didn't. It's just that there's been so much talk about this since this was posted on GDA news and I guess I'm a little frustrated by the fact that some people find it so hard to just take it for what it is if you know what I mean?

I think you might just have to accept that we are all different and have different relationships to the band you know? I grew up as a teenager in the 90's listening to Dookie which was a HUGE part of my life and it's the thing that inspired me to start playing guitar and writing songs so obviously it has had a big impact on my life and I am sure many others. That's just the way it is. Maybe you'll look back too in 15 years and go, damn I really miss that era. Stuff that has a big impact on you as a teenager tend to stick to you throught much of your life I think. That's when you are being formed as a person I guess :) Really don't know what I am talking about here as I'm a bit drunk but I hope it makes some sense haha. Peace man :)

It makes sense :D Yeha..you're totally right :) You know, I'm 15 and I started listenning to Green Day while I was 13. The first record I ever had was 21st Cenutry Breakdown. I kinda grew up (I know, the words sound weird from a 15 years old) with it.

But I'm surprised. You make great covers..and you made me realized some things :) Thanks..no stop that deep shit! :DD

Best Wishes for the New Year! :)

(I hope that was right, I'm german :D)

Some songs to dookify, (keep them in standard, please)

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

American Idiot

Holiday

Jesus of Suburbia

Let Yourself Go

Nuclear Family

East Jesus Nowhere

OMG MORE! THESE ARE SO EPIC! They sound totally Dookie! :woot:

Haha thank you man. Appreciate your entusiasm. Makes it all worth while. I'm currently recording a new Dookiefied song. Hope I won't let you down.

It makes sense :D Yeha..you're totally right :) You know, I'm 15 and I started listenning to Green Day while I was 13. The first record I ever had was 21st Cenutry Breakdown. I kinda grew up (I know, the words sound weird from a 15 years old) with it.

But I'm surprised. You make great covers..and you made me realized some things :) Thanks..no stop that deep shit! :DD

Best Wishes for the New Year! :)

(I hope that was right, I'm german :D)

I'm glad we understand each other. You just have to remember that this is done with the love for the older, heavier stuff, not because of resentment towards the new stuff :) Happy new year my friend!

Some songs to dookify, (keep them in standard, please)

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

American Idiot

Holiday

Jesus of Suburbia

Let Yourself Go

Nuclear Family

East Jesus Nowhere

If you wait a day or two one of those songs might pop up Dookiefied ;)

Haha thank you man. Appreciate your entusiasm. Makes it all worth while. I'm currently recording a new Dookiefied song. Hope I won't let you down.

OMG a new Dookiefied song!? I wanna hear it already!

And about that list, I'm all for Let Yourself Go dookiefied!

I just wanted to show you guys a short clip of how I try out songs to be Dookiefied. It's nothing spectacular maybe, but since we are all becoming such good friends I wanted to invite you into my life ha ha

nothing spectacular my ass.

Yeha, maybe my standarts are low, but I think you're a little music genius :D

I just wanted to say that *flies away*

I'm sorry I couldn't rent the same studio, technician, mixer (who is dead by the way), producer and gear. All I have is the cheap stuff I have at home and I'm just doing the best of my abilities. I know Billie Joe loves hard rock so maybe he'll be proud anyway :D

A Day To Remember? Really? Haha...I don't hear that at all.

Hey I totally don't blame you for sounding a little different, but it doesn't even sound like the same kind of pop punk is all I meant. It sounds like the newer stuff like New Found Glory, Set Your Goals, and ADTR. It sounds heavier, mostly in the drums. Most of interpretations are good musically, but the sound is off. But credit where credit is due, you did ten times better than I probably could.

I just wanted to show you guys a short clip of how I try out songs to be Dookiefied. It's nothing spectacular maybe, but since we are all becoming such good friends I wanted to invite you into my life ha ha.
Love it!

nothing spectacular my ass.

Yeha, maybe my standarts are low, but I think you're a little music genius :D

I just wanted to say that *flies away*

Haha, I guess I'll have to work on my self esteem :) Thank you man, really appreciate it.

Hey I totally don't blame you for sounding a little different, but it doesn't even sound like the same kind of pop punk is all I meant. It sounds like the newer stuff like New Found Glory, Set Your Goals, and ADTR. It sounds heavier, mostly in the drums. Most of interpretations are good musically, but the sound is off. But credit where credit is due, you did ten times better than I probably could.

I hear you. It's really hard to emulate the Dookie sound because of all the above factors. Some people seem to think it's really close and others don't. The point with the Dookiefied project tho isn't to make the mix sound exactly like Dookie because that would be near impossible. The point is more to make the songs a bit harder, faster, distorted and hear what it might have sounded like musically if released in the 90's. But most of all it's just an interpretation and a fun thing so don't take it too seriously. I know I don't :)

Love it!

Thank's! :)

Woah the Dookiefied songs are really good :o I mean nothing compares to original Green Day but you're pretty damn awesome :D I wonder though, what would Dookie sound like Undookie-fied? o__o

Woah the Dookiefied songs are really good :o I mean nothing compares to original Green Day but you're pretty damn awesome :D I wonder though, what would Dookie sound like Undookie-fied? o__o

Yeah, nothing compares to the original, that's for sure but I'm glad you can enjoy these for what they are. Undookiefied...hm, that would be pretty damn cool. Make Basket Case a ballad sort of with a cleaner sound? Acoustic would be too easy and too obvious. :D

Yeah, nothing compares to the original, that's for sure but I'm glad you can enjoy these for what they are. Undookiefied...hm, that would be pretty damn cool. Make Basket Case a ballad sort of with a cleaner sound? Acoustic would be too easy and too obvious. :D

I've done a Basket Case cover on piano, never recorded it though. It was weird as fuck :P

Archived