Green Day Songs Dookiefied®

Dookiefied

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you think you can sing? Give it a try. Sing along to our Dookie version of Stray Heart and if you know how, record it and post it on our Facebook page to COMPETE FOR A CHANCE TO SING ON OUR NEXT DOOKIEFIED COVER. :) If you can do a video and upload to your Youtube channel it's even cooler. Share the joy >_<

How the hell do you record the drums so EXACTLY Dookie style? I think that's what gets me the most, that the drums and bass are perfect with that album. I didn't expect you to touch this song honestly, but it's the most impressive because the change is drastic yet subtle. Also, on your original you posted, it was actually really good and catchy especially the second half, your vocals actually sounded better on that second chorus or maybe I'm crazy. but you could tell you were a Dookie fan in it, so maybe work away from that? I can't be sure, that's your song and baby. That might just be because of that drum turnaround on the ride xD The moment I hear that little thing I think Tre.

Are you in a band or do you work solo?

So you think you can sing? Give it a try. Sing along to our Dookie version of Stray Heart and if you know how, record it and post it on our Facebook page to COMPETE FOR A CHANCE TO SING ON OUR NEXT DOOKIEFIED COVER. :) If you can do a video and upload to your Youtube channel it's even cooler. Share the joy >_<

That´s so cool! What a pity, I have neither the equipment nor the talent, but I use your instrumental version for a Karaoke! :cool:

I wish I could :( The crowd would start to throw rotten vegetables if I ever get chosen to sing Longview on stage :lol: Would be worth it, though :ninja:

And is it me or does it kinda sound like Letterbomb?

Haha, maybe I need to concider doing a dance-along or play-guitar-along version then? :D

Now that you mention it, it does kinda remind me of Letterbomb. Maybe it is the guitars?

How the hell do you record the drums so EXACTLY Dookie style? I think that's what gets me the most, that the drums and bass are perfect with that album. I didn't expect you to touch this song honestly, but it's the most impressive because the change is drastic yet subtle. Also, on your original you posted, it was actually really good and catchy especially the second half, your vocals actually sounded better on that second chorus or maybe I'm crazy. but you could tell you were a Dookie fan in it, so maybe work away from that? I can't be sure, that's your song and baby. That might just be because of that drum turnaround on the ride xD The moment I hear that little thing I think Tre.

Are you in a band or do you work solo?

I dunno...it's just experience I guess? I mean, I have been listening to the album for 17 years so I must have learned something I hope :) When I recorded this cover, just like the others, I didnt expect anyone to listen to them really. So I did it all in a couple of hours, not really trying too hard with the vocals. Stray Heart I recorded in 2 hours I think and the vocals were just 1-2 takes and that was it. I heard minor faults here and there but I didnt bother to do anything about it.

I'm in a band called Joint Aktion. I share the same drummer as Far As Hell if you have ever heard of them? Great band. Both Joint Aktion and Far As Hell are internet bands if you can call it that. We all live on different corners of the planet :)

Am I the only one that thinks that it's just plain rude to do this? Why can't people move on, stop living in the past. Green Day create new music to keep fans happy, if everyone just wants to hear Dookie over and over and over again, there's no point in them being around today if everyone wants that.

Btw, no hate intended. I just think it's a slight snub in the face of Green Day, while I respect other people enjoy these covers, I'd just like like to keep the trilogy versions I have.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I'm just stating my opinion :)

Probably, how uptight, maybe you worship the ground Green Day walk on a bit to much because i reckon they'd all think this is a really cool idea if they came across it.

edit: Would be kind of interesting to hear some 1039 and kerplunk songs dookiefied, especially the sweet children ep since the recording is so poor.. would feel a bit weird to hear though as i think those albums are perfect how they are!

That´s so cool! What a pity, I have neither the equipment nor the talent, but I use your instrumental version for a Karaoke! :cool:

Come on, don't be shy. Record yourself singing along to Stray Heart Dookiefied :D

Haha, maybe I need to concider doing a dance-along or play-guitar-along version then? :D

Now that you mention it, it does kinda remind me of Letterbomb. Maybe it is the guitars?

I dunno...it's just experience I guess? I mean, I have been listening to the album for 17 years so I must have learned something I hope :) When I recorded this cover, just like the others, I didnt expect anyone to listen to them really. So I did it all in a couple of hours, not really trying too hard with the vocals. Stray Heart I recorded in 2 hours I think and the vocals were just 1-2 takes and that was it. I heard minor faults here and there but I didnt bother to do anything about it.

I'm in a band called Joint Aktion. I share the same drummer as Far As Hell if you have ever heard of them? Great band. Both Joint Aktion and Far As Hell are internet bands if you can call it that. We all live on different corners of the planet :)

A sing along version would be great, with a bouncing mickey mouse head if possible. That would make it all much more enjoyable.

I kind of figured that you do most of these covers really quick. In a studio environment, I think you would be able to flex your musical muscles a whole lot more, especially when it came down to polishing up your singing. I'll definitely be subbing to the Joint Aktion channel.

Oh internet bands! aha, that's pretty kick ass. I might start one of those, I'm starving to work with others again. I'm just waiting to set up some home recording equipment. Bad time of year, as usual.

Come on, don't be shy. Record yourself singing along to Stray Heart Dookiefied :D

Oh, well, I´m not afraid of blaming myself, it´s just... I don´t have a mike... damn, I need better electronics... :S

]

If you don't mind, I used this version and added Billie's singing over your instrumental just to see what it sounds like, but you can still hear a bit of the instruments from the original track, because I'm not that great at editing :P I'll put it up soon on another YouTube account I made, because I don't want to use my normal account (it's a music/cover/originals channel).

If you don't mind, I used this version and added Billie's singing over your instrumental just to see what it sounds like, but you can still hear a bit of the instruments from the original track, because I'm not that great at editing :P I'll put it up soon on another YouTube account I made, because I don't want to use my normal account (it's a music/cover/originals channel).

Awesome! Cant wait :D

This is a really fun project you have going on here. Love it!

Thank you! Join in on the singing :)

Probably, how uptight, maybe you worship the ground Green Day walk on a bit to much because i reckon they'd all think this is a really cool idea if they came across it.

edit: Would be kind of interesting to hear some 1039 and kerplunk songs dookiefied, especially the sweet children ep since the recording is so poor.. would feel a bit weird to hear though as i think those albums are perfect how they are!

Maybe, I try to be as fairly critical as I can of Green Day, surely you know how hard it is to criticise something your favourite band do? I mean, that's my explantion to your first inquiry but I see no relevance as to what that had to with my previous post.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the band bit. Like Mike said in Quatro, he was pissed off with fans wanting them to play older songs over and over again. Obviously, he's grateful for the fans supporting the band, but when you tour religiously every couple of years or so and all fans want to hear is old stuff. I can imagine that would become irritating. don't you? Like I said, I think it's just a bit rude when Green Day work hard to create and give us new music. I don't like these covers, simple as. I'm not the only person and I'm probably in the minority, I'm sorry my opinion offended you :)

I can't seem to sing 'Never let go' and 'Just can't have you' without sounding really stupid. It doesn't help that I can't sing at all anyway but you know...maybe it's because these are the only parts of the song where the music isn't drowning out my awful singing and when it get's there I can really hear just how bad it is!

I have no idea how Billie sings it the way he does.

Maybe, I try to be as fairly critical as I can of Green Day, surely you know how hard it is to criticise something your favourite band do? I mean, that's my explantion to your first inquiry but I see no relevance as to what that had to with my previous post.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the band bit. Like Mike said in Quatro, he was pissed off with fans wanting them to play older songs over and over again. Obviously, he's grateful for the fans supporting the band, but when you tour religiously every couple of years or so and all fans want to hear is old stuff. I can imagine that would become irritating. don't you? Like I said, I think it's just a bit rude when Green Day work hard to create and give us new music. I don't like these covers, simple as. I'm not the only person and I'm probably in the minority, I'm sorry my opinion offended you :)

I kind of feel this debate is a bit too much. I don't think anyone will blame you for not liking these covers, I certainly don't. Trust me, I was happy doing music even when only mommy was listening lol. But to make this something that it is not, well that bothers me a bit. I dont understand how paying tribute to the bands old stuff or simply just enjoying these c o v e r s would be rude to anyone? It's only music. Does it really take that much thought to be able to enjoy it? It's not like this is a Dookie supremacy band hating everything and everyone that does not like or sound like Dookie. One thing doesnt have to compete with another thing. I'm pretty sure we are all big fans of the band no matter what direction they've taken. I stuck to the band through thick and thin. Even when they were at their lowest with Warning I was a mad, mad fan. Still am. It feels weird having to defend this project. To me it's just music and it's just fun, and honestly, as we both know, you don't have to listen :)

Thank you for explaining in a civilized manner tho. :)

I can't seem to sing 'Never let go' and 'Just can't have you' without sounding really stupid. It doesn't help that I can't sing at all anyway but you know...maybe it's because these are the only parts of the song where the music isn't drowning out my awful singing and when it get's there I can really hear just how bad it is!

I have no idea how Billie sings it the way he does.

Singing is hard work. I've been doing it for 17 years and it's still a pain in the ass most of the times :)

Awesome! Cant wait :D

Thank you! Join in on the singing :)

It's uploading right now! It'll be up in a few minutes!

Oh by the way, it would be great if you did a Dookiefied version of Dirty Rotten Bastards, X-Kid, Makeout Party, or Wow! That's Loud! :) Great job with your Dookiefied stuff! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl5OPdCFMD0&feature=youtu.be

Here's my edit on Stray Heart Dookiefied with Billie Joe's singing! I hope you enjoy, and I know it's a bit messy!

It's uploading right now! It'll be up in a few minutes!

Oh by the way, it would be great if you did a Dookiefied version of Dirty Rotten Bastards, X-Kid, Makeout Party, or Wow! That's Loud! :) Great job with your Dookiefied stuff! :)

Here's my edit on Stray Heart Dookiefied with Billie Joe's singing! I hope you enjoy, and I know it's a bit messy!

Haha awesome! It's a bit messy to say the least but it's easy to hear the potential. It certainly adds another dimention and level of energy to it in my opinion. But then again, I'm the kind of guy that loves distortion on everything. I'm kind of like the cowbell guy ha ha.

I kind of feel this debate is a bit too much. I don't think anyone will blame you for not liking these covers, I certainly don't. Trust me, I was happy doing music even when only mommy was listening lol. But to make this something that it is not, well that bothers me a bit. I dont understand how paying tribute to the bands old stuff or simply just enjoying these c o v e r s would be rude to anyone? It's only music. Does it really take that much thought to be able to enjoy it? It's not like this is a Dookie supremacy band hating everything and everyone that does not like or sound like Dookie. One thing doesnt have to compete with another thing. I'm pretty sure we are all big fans of the band no matter what direction they've taken. I stuck to the band through thick and thin. Even when they were at their lowest with Warning I was a mad, mad fan. Still am. It feels weird having to defend this project. To me it's just music and it's just fun, and honestly, as we both know, you don't have to listen :)

Thank you for explaining in a civilized manner tho. :)

I may be looking into this too much, I don't know, I'm very defensive when it comes to GD :P (I'm used to people around me hating on them, so I guess that's where I get it from) Dude, you seem like a really calm, cool guy, at least you're not being a prick about others disliking it, I respect that man :) I'm glad other people enjoy these, I think it brings back a major nostalgia factor. I agree with you on that bit, the main reason we're all here is because we love Green Day, that's all that matters :)

Haha awesome! It's a bit messy to say the least but it's easy to hear the potential. It certainly adds another dimention and level of energy to it in my opinion. But then again, I'm the kind of guy that loves distortion on everything. I'm kind of like the cowbell guy ha ha.

I know, haha :) Thanks anyway :)

ugh i love! :wub:
One thing. The vocals could be loud but other than that its so amazing! :happy:

As a Green Day cover artist myself (only I change the lyrics to promote reading to elementary aged school kids---haha I'm tricking them into listening to good music and being educated at the same time!!!) I've got to give you credit where credit's due. The songs sound great and I love your interpretation of them. Keep up the good work!!!

I'm not a huge fan of the vocals, but I really like the idea and musically it sounds spot on! Kill the dj was fucking cool too!

For someone claiming to "Dookify" the songs, they sound nothing like the Dookie record. Half of them sound like hard rock, the other half sound A Day To Remember, which isn't a good thing.

I'm gonna take a stab at recording Stray Heart when I have time later today. Just gotta get the lyrics down and I should be good to go. And I'm hearing 86 instead of Letterbomb. After the drum roll at 0:26 I'm just expecting the palm muted guitars and "What brings you around..."

Also I bought Dumbstruck after listening to Nathalie about 10 times. Best money I've spent since I bough "My Head Is An Animal" earlier this week.

Archived