Welcome to Green Day Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dookiefied

Green Day Songs Dookiefied®

1,823 posts in this topic

Heather, you mean the original or my cover? :runaround:

Heather, you mean the original or my cover? :runaround:

Your cover :lol: I don't know why, they don't really sound alike... maybe just the weird lyrics in both about crazy women set to harder guitars.

2 people like this

one of your best dookified songs in my opinion! but i think it sounds more like insomniac. (cause its so melodic like westbound sign for example)

a song like 8th ave on tre is already great. but i just imagined it faster with the old distorted guitars and mikes bass play from the 90s. i know you are looking more for ballads, but even if its already pretty oldschool, it would sound so much better that way. i tired it (just on guitar though and it sounds almost like an insomniac song played fast with distortion)

1 person likes this

Thank you DTH, I appreciate it a lot! I will try one faster song instead of just picking ballads. If anything, it's always fun to twist things around :)

1 person likes this

Can't wait for Drama Queen! I haven't had time to listen to it yet, did you post a preview or the whole thing?

Love it! You should dookify more of Green Day's ballads. I really think they work better in your format.

love it!! :wub:

Thank you girls! Appreciate it a lot!

I got a vote going on the Facebook page regarding which song to cover next. Right now "Nightlife" is ahead but I think people are just messing with me because that must be the hardest song of all to dookify haha. I'll have to call in sick after recording that.

https://www.facebook.com/HeartsAtWar

I got a vote going on the Facebook page regarding which song to cover next. Right now "Nightlife" is ahead but I think people are just messing with me because that must be the hardest song of all to dookify haha. I'll have to call in sick after recording that.

oh yeah i can imagine that it's absolutely difficult to dookiefy, but it would be interseting to see how it'd sound if it was in that Dookie-style...also i totally love that song (call me stupid but it's even my favorite off Dos :lol: ) so i'm also totally for it :P

I love the dookiefied Drama Queen :dance:

Just don't do the rap

Just don't do the rap

Please do the rap

Absolutely amazing.

1 person likes this

Good job man, keep it up! What song are you going to cover next? I want more!

1 person likes this

Wow, that's the best cover of Good Riddance. It sounds really like a Dookie song with the sound of the bass.

Great job dude !

1 person likes this

Wow, these are amazing! I absolutely loved Good Riddance - miles better than what they did on the Voice. ;)

You are really good and you sound almost exactly like Billie-Joe! Haha.

Keep it up. :) Can't wait for the next one.

Edited by EggMong
1 person likes this

Thank's a lot guys! :)

I absolutely hate the original version of The Forgotten.

I love yours. Amazing.

2 people like this

Thank's a lot guys! :)

OMG. Do DUI. Just do it.

1 person likes this

I absolutely hate the original version of The Forgotten.

I love yours. Amazing.

That's not a bad compliment. I do love the original but I am glad I can offer an alternative to others :)

OMG. Do DUI. Just do it.

That is totally possible :D

1 person likes this

That's not a bad compliment. I do love the original but I am glad I can offer an alternative to others :)

That is totally possible :D

The intro guitar would sound so great! I can almost hear it