Green Day Songs Dookiefied®

Dookiefied

Rusty James sounds so funny in the piano version. The differnce between instrumentation and lyrics couldn´t be stronger. Very weird.

And I like Dry Ice a lot, very smoothing and calming. I even saw your cat sneaking in... :D

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah Westbound Sign is so beautiful, I really like it!

Once again makes me realize how good Billie's lyrics really are, even the earlier stuff.

I love the dookified songs! Why are people saying that it's a insult to the band? It's just some guy missing his favorite bands older sound and just having fun! You're so talented man! Keep it t up. ALLA THE SONGS DOOKIFIED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rusty James sounds so funny in the piano version. The differnce between instrumentation and lyrics couldn´t be stronger. Very weird.

And I like Dry Ice a lot, very smoothing and calming. I even saw your cat sneaking in... :D

That's cool. I like covers to be different. Trying to make them sound exactly like the original is cool and all, but to be honest I usually just prefer listening to the original. With a bit of a twist you can at least offer something new and fresh to listen to. That's just my opinion tho :) My cat says hi by the way...and thank you man, as always I really appreciate all the kind words. Makes me proud as f**k :)

Woah Westbound Sign is so beautiful, I really like it!

Once again makes me realize how good Billie's lyrics really are, even the earlier stuff.

Yeah his lyrics are amazing. What I love about them is that there's almost always a personal story to it. At least with the older stuff. I remember he said once in an interview back in the 90's that his lyrics are like his diary.

I love the dookified songs! Why are people saying that it's a insult to the band? It's just some guy missing his favorite bands older sound and just having fun! You're so talented man! Keep it t up. ALLA THE SONGS DOOKIFIED!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sad some were thinking that way. It's like you said, just having fun. No hidden agenda or anything behind this. I've talked to a few of them here tho and we seem to understand each other better now so I don't think it's that bad :)

The piano covers are AMAZING!!!!

Thank you...from the bottom of my heart :)

I've been working like a mad scientist in the basement for days and here's the result of the Frankenstein. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams [Dookiefied®]. Hope you like it

Awesome, I loved it! Nice job. :)

You said you were doing Whastername next in the comments - that's one of my favorite songs so I can't wait!

Awesome, I loved it! Nice job. :)

You said you were doing Whastername next in the comments - that's one of my favorite songs so I can't wait!

Thank's a lot!! Haha, I don't think I made any promises? I actually picked out another song in my head. Might go real retro next time :)

Thank's a lot!! Haha, I don't think I made any promises? I actually picked out another song in my head. Might go real retro next time :)

Ah right, sorry. Lol. I spoke to soon.

It doesn't matter anyway, whatever song you day you'll pick a good one (it's hard not to when it's Green Day. ;) )

Still can't wait! :D

I don't wanna disturb you with wishes, but could you dookiefie some quiet songs? I mean songs like Peacemaker..or even No One Knows :D

I don't wanna disturb you with wishes, but could you dookiefie some quiet songs? I mean songs like Peacemaker..or even No One Knows :D

you want him to dookiefie a song from.... Kerplunk. wut.

What's your problem?

No One Knows is a quiet song. And he makes the songs harder and more agressive.

Haha, I've tried some piano covers too which was a lot of fun but I prefer recording with guitars :D

Oh, you made that westbound sign cover?

I've been a fan of that for quite some time. It's in my list of favorites on youtube and I think I commented on it before. :D

Ah right, sorry. Lol. I spoke to soon.

It doesn't matter anyway, whatever song you day you'll pick a good one (it's hard not to when it's Green Day. ;) )

Still can't wait! :D

Haha no need to be sorry and you certainly got a point regarding Green Day's catolgue. Can't really fail picking a song. They are really concistent in their greatness :)

No problem man, I feel honored reciving requests from people. Just show they think what I'm doing is fun :) Those are great songs and I'm certain I will get there one day, any day :)

Actually, I think it would be kind of cool to try to give a song from Kerplunk a more modern sound. I'm not saying I can do it better even compared to the Green Day from 1990, not by a longshot, but would be a lot of fun to try. It wouldn't be Dookifying so I see your point tho.

Oh, you made that westbound sign cover?

I've been a fan of that for quite some time. It's in my list of favorites on youtube and I think I commented on it before. :D

Yeah I'm the one. I'm all over the place with my Green Day fanatism ha ha. Thank you so much for listening and commenting!!

The dookiefied boulevard of broken dreams was just... just... fucking fantastic.

Boulevards of Broken Dreams dookiefied was AMAZING! oh my god. and your piano covers are really beautiful too! you're really very talented *__*

I've been working like a mad scientist in the basement for days and here's the result of the Frankenstein. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams [Dookiefied®]. Hope you like it.

This is genius, I wish the original song was more like this now ._.

and what I say shows up inside the quote. Awesome.

Why have I not looked at this thread before? This is great! I really like the idea. I love some of the new Green Day songs but at times I wish they were a little more pop-punk

I LOVE your Dookiefied covers, but I am not a big fan of the guitars over the songs. I reckon either just completely cover them or not at all personally. But seriously, Nightlife would be awesome! keep up the good work.

so so so fucking awesome!

Haha thank's a lot! :D

The dookiefied boulevard of broken dreams was just... just... fucking fantastic.

That's crazy. Makes me proud as f**k! :)

Boulevards of Broken Dreams dookiefied was AMAZING! oh my god. and your piano covers are really beautiful too! you're really very talented *__*

Appreciate it a lot! Thank you for letting me know :)

Not sure how to quote something that's inside a quote that isnt supposed to be a quote that...ah, f**k it. Thank you! :)

Why have I not looked at this thread before? This is great! I really like the idea. I love some of the new Green Day songs but at times I wish they were a little more pop-punk

It's a lot of fun to give songs more of an unexpected twist rather than just covering it as it is. I think of covers like "Knocking On Heavens Door"...talk about Dookifying a song lol :) Thank you for listening!

I LOVE your Dookiefied covers, but I am not a big fan of the guitars over the songs. I reckon either just completely cover them or not at all personally. But seriously, Nightlife would be awesome! keep up the good work.

I hear you. The guitar covers are a bit of a cheat and they're a really easy way to "Dookify" a song and people seem to appreciate them but yeah, the full covers are a lot more fun :)

This is such a great idea.

Honestly, no idea why the band kept the overproduction you'd find on 21st Century Breakdown, especially for an album like Dos since on paper, it's supposed to be some of their rawest sounding stuff to date (Stop, Drop, and Roll) - but the end result felt off and flat.

Honestly, no idea why the band kept the overproduction you'd find on 21st Century Breakdown, especially for an album like Dos since on paper, it's supposed to be some of their rawest sounding stuff to date (Stop, Drop, and Roll) - but the end result felt off and flat.

Thank you. I'm glad you like it! As is probably quite obvious I am a big fan of their 90's stuff, everything right up to Nimrod. But with the release of American Idiot it was the first time I felt either I had grown apart a bit from the band or they had grown apart from me. They took a direction I wasn't too happy about. Now don't get me wrong, Green Day is a band that cannot fail in my eyes and even their "worst" stuff is some of the best music in the world in my opinion, but that's just life. We all have different taste in what we prefer. I guess that's what makes this band so successfull because they always went their own way and if they only wanted to make us Dookie freaks happy they wouldn't be where they are today, so I guess we have to be thankful for the band...don't know if any of this makes sense but I'm just talking straight from my heart ha ha.

I've been working like a mad scientist in the basement for days and here's the result of the Frankenstein. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams [Dookiefied®]. Hope you like it.

Whooohooo! How funny is this?! Okay, I prefer the original version, but this one is just fun!

I´m with you... though I like 21CB a lot.

That Westbound Sign piano cover was awesome! It helps that it's one of my faves off Insomniac :P

Archived