Green Day Songs Dookiefied®

Dookiefied

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heather, you mean the original or my cover? :runaround:

Your cover :lol: I don't know why, they don't really sound alike... maybe just the weird lyrics in both about crazy women set to harder guitars.

one of your best dookified songs in my opinion! but i think it sounds more like insomniac. (cause its so melodic like westbound sign for example)

a song like 8th ave on tre is already great. but i just imagined it faster with the old distorted guitars and mikes bass play from the 90s. i know you are looking more for ballads, but even if its already pretty oldschool, it would sound so much better that way. i tired it (just on guitar though and it sounds almost like an insomniac song played fast with distortion)

Thank you DTH, I appreciate it a lot! I will try one faster song instead of just picking ballads. If anything, it's always fun to twist things around :)

Love it! You should dookify more of Green Day's ballads. I really think they work better in your format.

Thank you girls! Appreciate it a lot!

I got a vote going on the Facebook page regarding which song to cover next. Right now "Nightlife" is ahead but I think people are just messing with me because that must be the hardest song of all to dookify haha. I'll have to call in sick after recording that.

https://www.facebook.com/HeartsAtWar

I got a vote going on the Facebook page regarding which song to cover next. Right now "Nightlife" is ahead but I think people are just messing with me because that must be the hardest song of all to dookify haha. I'll have to call in sick after recording that.

oh yeah i can imagine that it's absolutely difficult to dookiefy, but it would be interseting to see how it'd sound if it was in that Dookie-style...also i totally love that song (call me stupid but it's even my favorite off Dos :lol: ) so i'm also totally for it :P

Just don't do the rap

Wow, that's the best cover of Good Riddance. It sounds really like a Dookie song with the sound of the bass.

Great job dude !

Wow, these are amazing! I absolutely loved Good Riddance - miles better than what they did on the Voice. ;)

You are really good and you sound almost exactly like Billie-Joe! Haha.

Keep it up. :) Can't wait for the next one.

I absolutely hate the original version of The Forgotten.

I love yours. Amazing.

That's not a bad compliment. I do love the original but I am glad I can offer an alternative to others :)

OMG. Do DUI. Just do it.

That is totally possible :D

That's not a bad compliment. I do love the original but I am glad I can offer an alternative to others :)

That is totally possible :D

The intro guitar would sound so great! I can almost hear it

Read a comment that said the guitars on "Missing You" are a bit weak and I tend to agree. I mean, I LOVE the song and it is actually one of my all time favorite Green Day songs, but wouldn't it be cool to hear it with a bit of Dookie guitars? Dusted off my Fender and plugged it straight into a Marshall and rocked out to "Missing You"...

Hurry up and listen/download. Might be removed soon because of copyright issues :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRHmXIZlE2k

Archived