Green Day Songs Dookiefied®

Dookiefied

The concept is awesome and the songs are really great! :D I don't know why people never tought about doing something like that...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The concept is awesome and the songs are really great! :D I don't know why people never tought about doing something like that...

I kinda have. When I jam with my brother, we often Dookify classic rock songs, and some pop songs. Stuff like Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd and All Along The Watchtower by Dylan often get this treatment.

We may have also played a Selena Gomez song :ninja:

The Dookiefied journey continues. This is the 4th track to be recorded "Dookie Style". I choose Amy because a lot of people were requesting it and it seemed like a good song to Dookify. I hope you guys agree.

Incredible job on Amy.

Truly, I think Green Day should hear your work, and take it to heart. I think they would be impressed and maybe inspired.

Incredible job on Amy.

Truly, I think Green Day should hear your work, and take it to heart. I think they would be impressed and maybe inspired.

Would be awesome if they did. Maybe we could get them to go back to their roots a little bit more. I can't help being conservative when it comes to Green Day :)

Thank you for the kind words.

i officially request lazy bones!

What else could you do with Lazy Bones? It's pretty Dookiefied as it is.

I'm going to throw in my two cents by saying Dookifying works best on slower songs, or quieter songs. This is as much in my own experience as anything else. The Forgotten and Amy work a lot better than Kill The DJ.

I'm not sure how some songs requested, such as Misery, would actually work as Dookified songs. Sure you can play the chords, and put in Tré's standard drums, but at the end of the day, it was written in that style, and that's how it sounds best.

Go for ballads. They work best.

When It's Time would be an excellent choice.

What else could you do with Lazy Bones? It's pretty Dookiefied as it is.

I'm going to throw in my two cents by saying Dookifying works best on slower songs, or quieter songs.

Go for ballads. They work best.

no, no and no.

it does work for ballads, true. but lazy bones sounds nothing like dookie right now. and i just tried it myself: it should work pretty well in the dookie style too (but he would do it perfectly).

add the dookie speed, dookie strumming pattern and dookie drums and bass fills and you wouldnt notice it isnt a dookie track. kill the dj didnt work, thats true. but i think he could do lazy bones as good as he did stray heart ( and i think the song has even more potential to be dookiefied)

Now that I've heard the real "Amy," I finally listened to your version! Very good! :) I would love to hear When It's Time. Although I don't think it only works on ballads, it definitely sounds easier.

Oh my ... :woot: I don't know why I didn't click this thread earlier - So glad I did. Fuuuuuuck, you're good!

Thank you all for the kind words. I'll keep this up as long as there is demand for it. I am doing my best for you guys :)

Next song coming up is "When It's Time". Not sure when though.

Thank you all for the kind words. I'll keep this up as long as there is demand for it. I am doing my best for you guys :)

Next song coming up is "When It's Time". Not sure when though.

So you're basically gonna do it when it's time!!

13460946335636.jpeg

Your versions of Kill The DJ, The Forgotten and Stray Heart I like more than the originals

Your versions of Kill The DJ, The Forgotten and Stray Heart I like more than the originals

Wow, I feel really honored you feel that way about my recordings. Thank you! If you like my recordings so much, imagine what GD could do with these songs if they just dookiefied them a little :) Not that they are bad tho.

Archived