it would be beyond awesome if you'd dookiefy one of these:

Redundant

Walking Alone

Good Riddance

Warning

Misery

Macy's Day Parade

You Lied

Tired Of Waiting For You (i know it's a cover, but it would be badass)

Rotting

Give Me Novacaine

Wake Me Up

Last Night On Earth

Restless Heart Syndrome

Horseshoes & Handgrenades

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished recording drums and guitars for "Kill The DJ [Dookie Style®]". It's gonna be great. I think a lot of people who are not familiar with this project will be pretty amazed, at least I hope so :)

You are AWESOME!! I thought I loved the Forgotten as a ballad, but I have to say the way you sang it made me feel the lyrics on a completely different, nostalgic level. I got so much out of it and the production was incredible. PLEASE DO AS MANY AS POSSIBLE (the entire catalogue that would be appropriate for this :lol: ) I'd be especially interested in the really different sounds being transformed like you did with the Forgotten, so things like 21 Guns, Whatsername, Amy, god knows what else...

it would be beyond awesome if you'd dookiefy one of these:

Redundant

Walking Alone

Good Riddance

Warning

Misery

Macy's Day Parade

You Lied

Tired Of Waiting For You (i know it's a cover, but it would be badass)

Rotting

Give Me Novacaine

Wake Me Up

Last Night On Earth

Restless Heart Syndrome

Horseshoes & Handgrenades

Tired of Waiting for You is a Dookie B-Side. It is a mix between Dookie and The Kinks. That's how it should sound and it's already Dookiefied.

Good shit, sir! I'd personally speed up the tempo on a few of these, keep the tracks under 4 minutes, definitely.

First off, I must say I love your avatar. Next, awesome job! Here are my next propositions:

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

When It's Time

Reject

Oh Love

Warning

Misery

21st Century Breakdown

21 Guns

Last of the American Girls

F**k Time

:)

I'd like to request Macy's Day Parade, please. :) The dookiefication of Kill the DJ was good, but I have a sneaking suspicion it tends to work better on ballads and acoustic songs.

Kill The DJ was hard as f*ck to do. Barely got a chance to breathe. It's so far away from anything Green Day has done in the past which made it particularly hard to Dookify. But this is what it would sound like in 94 lol.

I'm already on the next song which is going to be more back to the real roots :)

you. are. God!!!! :thumbsup:

At home my girlfriend calls me lazy and obnoxious, but sure, God is cool :)

It's very, very rare for me to make such a statement...but I would go as far as to say this us better than the original...and you sound so bloody much like Billie Joe that I swear to God, you ARE him and you're just trolling us all :D.

I don't see how he sounds like BJ....but I'm thinking about downloading these

guitar, bass and drums are amazing though! Vocals aren't bad, just don't sound like BJ

guitar, bass and drums are amazing though! Vocals aren't bad, just don't sound like BJ

Yeah, maybe a little on The Forgotten, but definitely not on Stray Heart or Kill The DJ.

The chorus changes to "Kill the DJ" really helped! I like it a lot better now. :happy: (Not that I didn't like it before! Now it's just even more awesome!)

the forgotten could be amazing in your way. i actually think thats what billie always did in the 90s: wrote slow accoustic/piano songs and then recorded them fast. thats how they got their unic sound. you can hear that way of writing process especilally on insomniac.

i dont think he does that anymore....

It's very, very rare for me to make such a statement...but I would go as far as to say this us better than the original...and you sound so bloody much like Billie Joe that I swear to God, you ARE him and you're just trolling us all :D.

That's very, very nice of you to say. It makes my heart all warm. Thank you for your support. It makes this project a hell of a lot more fun and it motivates me to record more songs <3

I'm very flattered to be compared to Billie Joe, but I am also flattered to hear that I have my own voice. To me, that is probably even more important.

the forgotten could be amazing in your way. i actually think thats what billie always did in the 90s: wrote slow accoustic/piano songs and then recorded them fast. thats how they got their unic sound. you can hear that way of writing process especilally on insomniac.

i dont think he does that anymore....

I remember an interview from the time around Nimrod where BJA mentioned that he writes most of his songs on his acoustic guitar. Insomniac was written on the acoustic in his basement while he couldn't sleep because of his baby crying at night, keeping him awake, thus the name Insomniac :9

All three songs are available as mp3:s on our Facebook page. Hope you enjoy :)

https://www.facebook.com/DookiefiedOfficial

I'm thinking about releasing the instrumental of "Stray Heart - Dookiefied" to have you guys sing it and send it to me to post on Youtube :) Would be a lot of fun :)

Archived