¡DOS! Album

Liam

No I didn't either but for a minute I got really scared that I accidentally had

I started to panic, then I listened to Fuck Time and was so relieved.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started to panic, then I listened to Fuck Time and was so relieved.

Yeah I was exactly the same. Plus I saw that it was spelt "Fuck Time" on the actual disc

I honestly have no clue, but I'd guess Lady Cobra?

It is, Billie once posted a pic of her on Instagram and she had the same tattoos. :D

someone listened to the clean version of fuck time yet? i wonder how they managed this :D

with my soundsystem im able to give mike's bass more power, and since DOS is kinda mike's album with more epic bass ill make sure that i can share the epicness of DOS with all my neighbours :)

It is, Billie once posted a pic of her on Instagram and she had the same tattoos. :D

The one site I don't have :lol:

I'm pretty sure there is a video of the tubbies playing that song. I saw it about a week ago. Granted it is not great quality, but I think the guy/girl with the camera got a good chunk of it. I remember a like 10 people came on stage and sung their version of it. I will go see if I can find it again and post it here. Broadway is the first song.

Here it is:

Sorry if this wasn't the venue you were talking about, but it is a video of it anyway.

Yeah I was just saying it's shame there isn't a video of it from the London show. But thanks for posting anyway, a great excuse to watch a fabulous video!

My 5 favourites:

5. Fuck Time

4. Baby Eyes

3. Ashley

2. Makeout Party

1. Wow! That's Loud

My dad has a question I cannot answer so i was hoping one of you might help

We listen to Stray Heart yesterday and hes trying to find out what song it sounds like. He thinks is a 70s song.

I would appreciate if someone knows and would tell me the answer

♥ thanks

As soon as I heard Stray Heart I fell in love with it, mainly because the opening bass line instantly reminded me of this awesome song. The Jam, A Town Called Malice. Hope that's the one you're thinking of!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXTrCEXlLKY

Oh I forgot to mention that the intros to Wow! That's loud & Baby Eyes are 2 of the best intros ever!!! :D Go Goooooooooo!

that bass riff is endless., i could find a handful of songs with this riff.

True, but that song is from the 00s, The Jam were one of the first punk bands to use it. Back then it wasn't so endless. Plus she was asking for a 70s song, it's what came to mind for me.

True, but that song is from the 00s, The Jam were one of the first punk bands to use it. Back then it wasn't so endless. Plus she was asking for a 70s song, it's what came to mind for me.

i was simply stating that it's a widely used bass riff. douchebag.

i was simply stating that it's a widely used bass riff. douchebag.

Hang on, I can reply and disagree with you without trying to start an argument. You're probably a decent guy, just show it next time. It'd be a pretty crap forum if we all acted like that.

Stray Heart's bassline was first used in You can't hurry love by Supremes, and then later in Iggy Pop's Lust for life, Jam's Town called Malice and most recently in Are you gonna be my girl by Jet.

Can someone please post a high quality scan of the lyrics sheet of Dos, so that we may all read the official song lyrics?

I've got it! i walked into the store today and some guy saw me and said: you're coming for the new Green Day, don't you? it looks like they begin to know me :)

Yeah I was just saying it's shame there isn't a video of it from the London show. But thanks for posting anyway, a great excuse to watch a fabulous video!

Yeah no problem. I hadn't actually viewed it until about a week ago. I know it is one of their top live videos on youtube. Had skipped over it so many times not knowing what el camino was. Lady Cobra is cra-a-a-azy!

Finally listened to iDos! today when it arrived in the afternoon. I overall love the record, but there are a few things I'll still have to get used to a little more. Knowing myself, though, I have the feeling I'll end up loving everything anyways, sooner or later! :happy:

See You Tonight: I really like the guitar playing in this one. Billie's vocals are kind of strange but this adds a certain feel to the song, which is, I guess, the intention of the distortion and the echo you can hear.

Fuck Time: Who would have thought: This is such a catchy song. You just want to dance to it.

Stop When The Red Lights Flash: Here's actually where I start loving the record a little more than I already did before. This song's rhythm is unique and a total earworm. After having listend to it for several times, you just can't get it out of your head anymore.

Lazy Bones: Definitely my favorite song off iDos!. Right away when I listened to that short snippet we got weeks ago, I knew this would be one of my triology and probably even all time favorite songs. The beginning is so fascinating, it really creates a special mood and I just love how the songs kicks in the chorus afterwards. The whole first verse might be my favorite part of the song, especially the "And the silence is so deafening, it's like picking at a sore." part. Freaking awesome.

Wild One: This one's super nice as well. When listening to it, I just feel like lying in my bed and staring at the walls. There's a special feeling to it, which I can't really describe. It's kind of repetetive, but - I don't know if that's weird - that's what I love about this song.

Makeout Party: This one actually surprised me. I didn't really expect too much, but it turned out a lot better than I thought. It's super catchy (seems like all the songs on iDos! are super catchy, huh.) and it's also the song I was humming and singing after my very first listen to the whole record.

Stray Heart: This is such a Foxboro Hot Tubs song, really. The rhythm reminds me of it right away. However, this is also one of my favorites on this album!

Ashley: Wow. Another huge earworm. I started to sing along right from the beginning, without even knowing the song or the lyrics.. and it felt so right. "But time comes around and I'm not so naive. I finally lost touch 'cause you're so out of reach. You say that you're fine but I know that you ain't, you're looking like hell and you're no fucking saint." Awesome, awesome, awesome. Another favorite off iDos!.

Baby Eyes: Well, I'm not really sure about this one yet. It's not a bad song at all but I haven't gotten into it too much so far. I guess it'll need a few more listens, we'll see!

Lady Cobra: This song is rocking on and on, the whole way through. All said. Love it.

Nightlife: My opinion about this song is a little split. I'm totally in love with Billie's vocal parts, I even love the distortion and how it sounds so fucked up. It fascinated me from the very first second. What I don't really like are Lady Cobra's vocal parts or rap parts. They're not too bad, but I think it's a little too much. I would have loved to hear a bit more Green Day and less Lady Cobra in this track. Still, I'm surprised that all in all, I like this track!

Wow! That's Loud: Nice, catchy track. I'm especially in love with the beginning.

Amy: I always loved that song. It's beautiful, that's the only word I can find right now. The lyrics are super sweet as well. When the track stopped, I still sat there for a few minutes, staring at my walls. It touched my heart, really.

:wub:

"Ashley" has quickly become one of my favorites from the band. I always get the urge to listen to that one!

yup ashley is a grower if you didn't like it on the first listen. and if yo liked it already: it just becomes better and better.... this is how you notice songs are extraordinary good.

just had my first listen to DOS..im too overexcited now to do a correct review of this

first-listen-reaction: the loud songs in DOS are musicaly epic and the more silent songs also reached my heart/feelings..the only songs i would consider "being worse than all the other creative songs" are Wild One and Nightlife..the rest is just outstanding! with UNO there are some songs i would consider being more that kind of 'filler-songs' (but still awesome)..i dont have this feeling with DOS, everything is just perfect. im a musician and i have GD songs i hate/dislike and that i could critizie for common reasons, but i rly dont know how i should find a bad word about songs like Lazy Bones, Amy or all the other stuff besides Wild One/Nightlife..so after one listen i would say that DOS is all-in-all a better album than UNO after the first listen, and i know i should and i will listen to DOS more often before im rly able to sort my feelings and thoughts so i can say better on which place this album is for me compared to other GD-stuff, but i can say for sure that DOS is for me somekind of a masterpiece (maybe not musicaly (simple chords,bla bla)) but its still reaches your heart, and thats GD at its best..their simplicity works! Also it sounds new, nothing theyve done before (except the foxies), and its ok that they do changes like this!

Favorites: fuck time(even heard this song live by GD!),swtrlf,lazy bones,makeout party,ashley,baby eyes,wow thats loud,amy.......

Archived