¡DOS! Album

Liam

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My life is completed by Green Day Once again! :wub:

The album is way better than Uno so ----- It's beyond asdfghjkl!! :D

YAY!

I'm going to wait till the official release, only popped in to see what the opinions are. I'm so excited now! :dance:

The start of Baby Eyes <3 Go, go, go!

I think that bass needs to be louder! Too subdued.

Don't forget, this is a leak, might sound better on the actual CD!

The leak IS the actual CD. :P

Amy was a great song to put between Dos and Tré. much better than the final of Uno to Dos.

The man has like a superhuman ability to create hooks in songs. Even album filler like Stop When The Red Lights Flash has a chorus that sticks in your head.

Amy was a great song to put between Dos and Tré. much better than the final of Uno to Dos.

Going to disagree with this one since I've just listened to Oh Love before Dos. See You Tonight's rough recording gives it the feel of an interlude in between the albums before Fuck Time comes on full blast, I think they might have done that intentionally.

¡Uno! left a bad taste in my mouth, I must admit. I loved many of the tracks, but it seemed a little bland and was the first time I'd listened to a new Green Day album and not been completely blown away. ¡Dos! is the complete opposite; I had very little expectations, I'm already on my third time through the album, it's just so great.

"See You Tonight"- I wish it was longer, I want to hear more of this. I like the old-timey folk vibe I'm getting from the song.

"Fuck Time"- It's silly, but fun, it's gonna grow on me.

"Stop When The Red Lights Flash", "Ashley" and "Makeout Party" really remind of the first time i listened to the Foxboro Hot Tubs record and how much energy it gave me.

"Lazy Bones" is fantastic, though the lyrics are a little poor, it doesn't matter, I absolutely love this song.

"Wild One"- I'd heard the live versions, and was underwhelmed, but It's growing on me.

"Stray Heart" - hands-down my favorite song off the record.

"Baby Eyes"- I had to stop playing the album all the way through to listen to this song again... this was a pleasant surprise.

"Lady Cobra"- Probably my least favorite track, but it's still fun and sets up the next track.

"Nightlife" - This will be the most divisive Green Day song in the band's history. I personally love it. I'm glad they did it. The fact that Green Day is willing to make a rap influenced song, especially one with such a dark vibe, I absolutely commend them. It really extends the message of how FUN this record is.

"Wow, That's Loud" - More FHT fun. Not my favorite, but it's catchy as hell.

"Amy" - Green Day hasn't made a ballad this good since "Macy's Day Parade".

Quick review

See you tonight 10/10 nice opener has an old fashioned feel to it

Fuck time 10/10 awesome song i love the gutair in this track

Stop when the red lights flash 10/10

Lazy bones 10/10 i love the part at 1:31 the most but the whole song is perfect

Wild ones 9/10 a very slow song

Makeout party 10/10 fast catchy dam right awesome

Stray heart 6/10 i realy liked it but since it became a single i over played it to much

Ashley 10/10 another fast track and my second fravorite

Baby eyes 9/10 realy great

Lady cobra/Nightlife 10/10 both of the songs are great especialy nightlife which has a great drum solo

Wow thats Loud! 10/10 just like my generation ha so my generation part 2

Amy mixed feelings

All in all 10/10 loved every song defintly a foxboro hot tubs feel to it

You mean, it's possible that songs may sound a little bit different on the actual CD? sorry if it's dumb, I've never owned a CD! :)

The leak IS the actual CD. :P

Yes, but the CD is better quality.

I. Love. This. Album.

The Simon & Garfunkel feel in See You Tonight was an awesome way to kick off the album, and I love the way it went into It's Fuck Time. Favourites so far are Lazy Bones, Wild One, Baby Eyes, and Wow! That's Loud. I was SO excited when Wow! That's Loud started playing, I'm positive I heard that guitar riff when we were all listening to the Red 7 stream and I fell in love with it instantly. I was trying to figure out what song it belonged to for so long, so when it started playing on the album, saying I was excited would be the understatement of the year. :P Even Nightlife is beginning to grow on me. Overall, I give this album an 8.5/10, I was smiling the whole way through and am definitely enjoying it much more than Uno. GAH :D

I was writing a post with my live track by track opinions of each one but i accidentally closed the tab :P

decent album, lots of skipping tracks tho....about 6.5 (lazy bones is a tad too long imho) i like. out of 12....hmm. hopefully tre does better! :)

WOW, THAT'S AWESOME!!!

EDIT: THE SOLO IS ABSOLUTELY FUCKING AMAZING.

I just wished they would have forgone UNO and done a double album. UNO is mostly throwaway with a few exceptions. Stick nuclear family kill the dj and troublemaker on the double album and scrap the rest. Dos blows it out of the water. Ashley is one of billie's best songs in a while.

Well, I finished listening to the album, so here's my opinion on it:

10/10 would jizz again! :runaround:

Can't wait for ¡Tre!

The man has like a superhuman ability to create hooks in songs. Even album filler like Stop When The Red Lights Flash has a chorus that sticks in your head.

Agree completely. For me, Uno lacked a lot of those "hooks" that I need personally. But Dos is full of them and I am on cloud 9

Nuclear Family comes on after Amy in my iTunes. Might be the wrong way round, but it does sound pretty cool. Try It!

Once again ..... I will ask for the second time and hopefully get a reply :lol:

Will this be on YouTube ? Or no one has done it yet ?

I knew ¡Dos! would be better than ¡Uno! I was expecting that kind of power in the songs and even with that, the last song fits perfect. that increase my hopes for ¡Tré! :happy:

Yes, but the CD is better quality.

Depends on hardware and the rip itself. But of course, the bass line isn't hard to make more prominent, it can simply be done with EQ software.

Archived