¡DOS! Album

Liam

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really. I kinda looked for the leak yesterday, but after a few unsuccessful attempts I decided I didn't care. I got to hear Uno early so I'm just going to wait for Dos. :)

Ok then.. I know for myself that I'm not able to wait, when I'm so excited. :P

I don't know why, but every site (which is going to stream a new album from the triology) fucks it up^^ The Uno-Stream didn't work and the Dos-Stream didn't work too. Scientology?! :ninja:

I listened to Lady Cobra and Makeout Party simple because i heard them on the Radio 1 show in August.

Makeout Party is such omg!

I can't wait for the cd to arrive in the post!

How many times did you listen to the whole DOS? I'm on my 10th listen now. :P

I'm on my 13 or 14 time. I had it on repeat all day at work yesterday. :)

Usually albums grow more on me once I know the lyrics for most of the songs, so I can't wait to have the booklet to singalong :P

Same here D:

I have to share with you this, I know it's offtopic, so pplease discuss about this in the triolgy thread

are you sure of this.I mean is this a rumour or is this true? And Tre is definately American Idiot 2 :D

I'm on my 13 or 14 time. I had it on repeat all day at work yesterday. :)

That's really cool! I wish I could listen to it when I'm in school.. :whistle

My favourites: See You tonight(I wish it could be a bit longer, it was beautiful), Fuck time(dont't understand why people are not liking it.It is supposed to be a fun song), makeout party, amanda,wow that's loud(awesome), baby eyes, stray heart!!

PEOPLE WILL KILL ME IF I SAY THIS BUT DON'T YOU THINK LAZY BONES SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE LEAD SINGLE?I mean stray heart aint bad and is definately a Single material.But Lazy bones has a better touch of garage-punk and power pop to it.It's perfect.Reminds me of Longview, Give me novacaine and static age

My favourites: See You tonight(I wish it could be a bit longer, it was beautiful), Fuck time(dont't understand why people are not liking it.It is supposed to be a fun song), makeout party, amanda,wow that's loud(awesome), baby eyes, stray heart!!

PEOPLE WILL KILL ME IF I SAY THIS BUT DON'T YOU THINK LAZY BONES SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE LEAD SINGLE?I mean stray heart aint bad and is definately a Single material.But Lazy bones has a better touch of garage-punk and power pop to it.It's perfect.Reminds me of Longview, Give me novacaine and static age

"Amanda"?

I caved, it's just like Uno! all over again :lol: Wow, I'm so glad I did!! There's some immense riffs in Dos, it takes my breath away! I love this album, not sure if I'm going to have a favourite out of the trilogy, I'll love them all in different ways :D

I've only played the album through about 3 times. Lazy Bones however has 16 plays. :lol:

EDIT: By this point I'd probably played UNO through around 8 times. Just shows how differently you can appreciate albums. :)

Me too. But I ain't gonna listen to the album over and over. The DOS songs are between my playlist, so they don't get overplayed, and I don't like them anymore.

Tried to hold back from listening to wait for release, then caved and found it's not streaming in the UK anyway. Guess I'll be waiting after all!

I think although I find Uno a great album it was like a warm up for Billie. Dos is better than Uno. songs like Fuck time, SWTRLF, Lazy Bones, Wild One, Stray Heart, Baby Eyes, ightlife ad Amy have grow up on me and I just can't help listening to them. This makes me get more and more excited about Tre.

The awkward thing is that when I listen to the begining of Lazy Bones I always want to sing: Take away the sensation inside. :P It reminds me on Give me Novacaine so much (just the begining).. :lol:

The awkward thing is that when I listen to the begining of Lazy Bones I always want to sing: Take away the sensation inside. :P It reminds me on Give me Novacaine so much (just the begining).. :lol:

lol me too :D

lol me too :D

It's really funny when that happened.. :P But I see that I'm not the only one who has happened this. ;)

Makeout party, wild one, stop when the red lights flash and nighlife are my favorites :D I've already listened to the whole album 20 times and i'm loving it more and more.

i dont know if you can say that. i like 90s green day music the most, but i dont like uno. thats because uno is like old green day lacking of power (fuck the production of uno) and their outstanding melodies. the song which reaches the old standard the most is sweet 16 in my opinion. its sound is like a nimrod an 1039/smoothed out slappy hours mix.

dos is fresh, remembers old green day but adds new unusual elements to their music and is much more powerful than uno.

uno 4/10, dos 9/10

Oh I know that isn't always going to be the case. Dos definitely like Stop Drop and Roll, and a lot of dookie fans like that, so yeah I see what you mean.

Makeout party, wild one, stop when the red lights flash and nighlife are my favorites :D I've already listened to the whole album 20 times and i'm loving it more and more.

20 times? :shok: Already??? I'm listening to it for the 12th time now. (and I thought that I listen to it a lot. :P)

Love Stray Heart and Lazy Bones, really don't like Makeout Party or Fuck Time but the rest of it's solid.

Makeout Party is one of my favorite songs on Dos! Perhaps some people are caught up too much in the mechanics of what makes Green Day and when a song doesn't meet the criteria they hate on it.

Makeout Party is one of my favorite songs on Dos! Perhaps some people are caught up too much in the mechanics of what makes Green Day and when a song doesn't meet the criteria they hate on it.

Yeah obviously a lot of people like it. Just a testament to the band how polarizing they can be. Rap then straight rock and roll. It just isn't done too much. I get everyone isn't going to like every song but at least have an open mind. Billie Joe has said likes all kinds of music and he even has led me on to a lot of great bands. Just doesn't seem to match up with a lot of fans.

Archived