¡DOS! Album

Liam

No, totally, i miss the old nasal-singing too. So much. And initially the one thing i wasn't looking forward to with the trilogy was hearing Nimrod-like songs on Uno sung in Billie's new voice, but it's grown on me too. I guess since he's been on Broadway and everything he kinda has to develop his voice a little different now anyways.

Hah, yeah, you have to sing like a god if you're in a Broadway show. I think, after he edited the shit out of his vocals in American Idiot, he had to be just as good live, so he had to make sure he could sing properly.

The chorus, in stead of "Jesus living on Venus" I hear "Jesus living on peanuts" or "Jesus living on penis" :lol: yeah... Will never be able to shake that from my thoughts.

Fuck you... -.- Hahaha. I'm going to be thinking that every time now.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ITS FREAKING GLORIOUS :woot: . YOU MUST DO A SECOND ONE. WHIT OTHER SONGS (I SUGGEST WILD ONE) :dance:

Thank you! :D I was trying not to give away much of the album, but I might Wild One or Lazy Bones in the final version. :)

Fuck you... -.- Hahaha. I'm going to be thinking that every time now.

troll.png

Really bad trilogy related troll face :ermm:

Can't wait to get DOS on vinyl on Tuesday and see if all first pressings actually do have Drama Queen

Can't wait to get DOS on vinyl on Tuesday and see if all first pressings actually do have Drama Queen

If they do they'll be worth $40ish on eBay in 20 years.

The first pressing will have drama queen way too expensive to change it

Im not liking the edited lyric sheets

Ohh I thought Drama Queen written on the back of the Dos vinyl was just a misprint, didn't realize the song's actually on there!

There goes my Drama Queen, it's good enough to WOOOPS!! now. :P

Am i the only one who think Lazy Bones is just ok and hates Wild One? They seem to be two of the most popular on the album.

And am i the only one who kinda likes Nightlife? Just kind of? A little bit? Don't know why, i just sorta do. And yes, i'm a tad ashamed to admit it. I'm sorry, alright? Everyone else seems to hate it.

Am i the only one who think Lazy Bones is just ok and hates Wild One? They seem to be two of the most popular on the album.

And am i the only one who kinda likes Nightlife? Just kind of? A little bit? Don't know why, i just sorta do. And yes, i'm a tad ashamed to admit it. I'm sorry, alright? Everyone else seems to hate it.

i do like a bit nightlife :ninja:

I can't believe the hate Fuck Time is getting. I love that song so much! I seriously can't get enough of it. Whenever I hear that drum intro I just get really excited. I admit it's not the highest quality piece of music they've ever done, but it's just so catchy and awesome.

As for Nightlife, it is what it is. I think it works pretty well on the album - I certainly don't think it's filler - but just not really my thing. I don't hold it against them for trying something new.

The song I'm really struggling to get into is Baby Eyes. Honestly, I've listened to the album quite a number of times (the last time was about an hour ago) and I can't remember how that song goes. I listen to it, it's alright, and then I move on. Oh well.

I also really love the way Wow! That's Loud ends and transitions into Amy. You really get that sense of "okay guys, party's over". And then reality hits you. Perfect transition into ¡Tré!

I'm going to be a dick here. and do *this* I do like Nightlife and people will have similar opinions to you, but to be honest, I like all songs on iDos!

I'm the reverse -- I at least like Lazy Bones (actually as an almost 45-year-old geezer with a wife and 5-year-old daughter at home, I can SO totally identify with the exhaustion theme that runs through that track). It's Wild One that doesn't do it for me.

As for Nightlife? I am slowly falling in love with that one. The rhythm is catchy as fuck, and Lady Cobra's quasi-rap vocals are beyond seductive. The arrangement of the entire track is really well-done, especially the call-and-response duet between Billie and LC that goes on during and after the bridge.

I don't mind Nightlife. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. The slow and eerie guitar solo is pretty cool

A trailer I made for Dos, contains samples of SWTRLF, Lady Cobra and Stray Heart.

Oh my God, man, this is AWESOME. Do one with Makeout Party and Wow! That's Loud!!! It would be AMAZING!!! :woot:

Oh my God, man, this is AWESOME. Do one with Makeout Party and Wow! That's Loud!!! It would be AMAZING!!! :woot:

Thank you very much :D I was planning to rework this one a bit but since I've been getting requests for other songs I will probably make another one with "Available now" at the end of the video.

i do like a bit nightlife :ninja:

I'm going to be a dick here. and do *this* I do like Nightlife and people will have similar opinions to you, but to be honest, I like all songs on iDos!

Glad to know i ain't the only one then so.

I'm the reverse -- I at least like Lazy Bones (actually as an almost 45-year-old geezer with a wife and 5-year-old daughter at home, I can SO totally identify with the exhaustion theme that runs through that track). It's Wild One that doesn't do it for me.

As for Nightlife? I am slowly falling in love with that one. The rhythm is catchy as fuck, and Lady Cobra's quasi-rap vocals are beyond seductive. The arrangement of the entire track is really well-done, especially the call-and-response duet between Billie and LC that goes on during and after the bridge.

'Seductive' is definitely the more intellectual-sounding word i was looking for for Lady Cobra's rapping! That's probably the sole reason i'm hooked on the song... So shamelessly...lustful. Such a poor reason for loving a song! :D Tbh, the whole Fuck Time, Makeout Party, Night Life and general debauchery thing is kind of what is going on with me at the moment. Not so much the, erm, act, just the rediculous fixation with it. <sigh> I'm beginning to get on my own nerves, lol. Scratch that, the whole partying, letting loose and decadence thing of Uno and Dos is what's sort of happening with me at the moment so the comedown that comes with Tré and return to sanity is definitely in order. Heh. :blush:

And it's funny that you should say that about Lazy Bones. While the lyrics deal with exhaustion, it's the actual music that somehow makes me feel "i'm really, really tired." I can see the appeal but even listening to it wears me out. :rolleyes:

ATTENTION: Please don't quote videos. You can just delete the video from the post you're quoting before you click reply, it's easy. Or you can make it into a link if you'd prefer.

Just a friendly reminder to everyone, I'm getting tired of editing videos out of posts :P

That insert looks wonderful, I want the album really badly now.

I originally thought Lady Cobra was a made up character... Who is she exactly? I've never heard of her before.

You obviously know more than my limited knowledge of the trilogy, I'll let you speak :lol:

By the trilogy do you mean the band Mystic Knights or the albums? If its MK, they're not a trilogy.

Lady Cobra is one of two female lead singers in Mystic Knights of the Cobra, a punk band from the Bay Area scene. I'm guessing the guys are well acquainted with the Bay Area bands and they've obviously taken a liking to Lady Cobra. She's a red head, about 4'4 :P If Hayley Williams had a Saint Jimmy alter ego it would be her.

Not entirely relevant but Mystic Knights have some great songs, this is easily my favourite, if you wanna check them out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChQRBXB2sL4

So today I had a fight with mom cuz Dos was repeating all day & she blamed me for being so obsessed with GD! I came clean & said " It's hard for u to understand it :) " She's not talking to me! It was totally worth it! Cuz I can't stop loving perfection! This album is amazing! u know, it has different kind of songs, see you tonight & Amy are kinda smooth & soft, fuck time, stop when the red lights flash, makeout party, etc are catchy & energetic, night life is rap/rock, lazy bones has both of them, It's just great :D

By the trilogy do you mean the band Mystic Knights or the albums? If its MK, they're not a trilogy.

Lady Cobra is one of two female lead singers in Mystic Knights of the Cobra, a punk band from the Bay Area scene. I'm guessing the guys are well acquainted with the Bay Area bands and they've obviously taken a liking to Lady Cobra. She's a red head, about 4'4 :P If Hayley Williams had a Saint Jimmy alter ego it would be her.

Not entirely relevant but Mystic Knights have some great songs, this is easily my favourite, if you wanna check them out

I meant trilogy as in iUno! iDos! and iTre! . I also know shit all about them too, oh well.

I meant trilogy as in iUno! iDos! and iTre! . I also know shit all about them too, oh well.

Yeah I'm learning as I go with the Trilogy. I could probably name about 4 songs off Tré, well maybe not even that amount.

Archived