¡DOS! Album

Liam

That makes sense, comes down to personal taste I suppose. It's lucky they've done a pick and mix of three different styles of album so there's something for everyone whatever your Green Day preferences are!

I agree Foxboro is fun and playful but I think of it more as an accompaniment to the Green Day stuff they were working on than as something separate. Both were Green Day's thoughts, feelings and creativity at the time coming out, just some came out in a more spontaneous and fun way and some they took more time and contemplation over. I think you can see the dark thoughts of 21st CB coming through in the lyrics of Stop Drop And Roll. Two sides of the same coin rather than different coins, that's my view on it anyway. I think maybe with these albums they've decided to just go with whatever they're inspired to do rather than divide it up, and that's meant we've seen the two sides together.

Maybe, and definitely agree with them doing whatever is inspiring them with each of the albums.

It's really the sound more than anything that bothers me. I mean, the lyrics on this album are obviously still as incredible as always and I've never really had any issues to date with Billie's writing. On Uno the songs were far more snappy and catchy, more like Green Day. On Dos, they just seem completely erratic, going in all directions with an unfitting garage rock twang that doesn't do anything for me. =/

I suppose I just think that if Dos was an album by itself, I would be extremely disappointed.

i can't really see it as a total joke, since some lyrics are very serious

Well isn't it a good thing that music taste is subjective? No one has to agree with something if they don't want to :)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me iUno! and iDos! are their modern versions of Dookie and Nimrod.

at this time in september UNO was shipped..but dos is still not shipped yet :(

i still can't get enough of dos. in so hard hitting and in your face! i love it!

To me iUno! and iDos! are their modern versions of Dookie and Nimrod.

I definitely agree with you on the Dookie/Uno comparison.

But I don't think Dos is like Nimrod. Nimrod (for me at least) is just an album full of randomness :P But I think it's fabulous. I mean you have songs like Take Back, Prosthetic Head, Good Riddance, Platypus, King for a Day and Redundant..I mean the sound range and lyrical content are all over the place. I guess there isn't like a consistent sound like you hear in their other albums if that makes sense :P Dos definitely has a distinct garage band, 70-ish sound. And I love it ^__^

I definitely agree with you on the Dookie/Uno comparison.

But I don't think Dos is like Nimrod. Nimrod (for me at least) is just an album full of randomness :P But I think it's fabulous. I mean you have songs like Take Back, Prosthetic Head, Good Riddance, Platypus, King for a Day and Redundant..I mean the sound range and lyrical content are all over the place. I guess there isn't like a consistent sound like you hear in their other albums if that makes sense :P Dos definitely has a distinct garage band, 70-ish sound. And I love it ^__^

Dos has a storyline and a hint of consistency running through it, but I think it's just as experimental as Nimrod, both lyrically and in the sound.

A trailer I made for Dos, contains samples of SWTRLF, Lady Cobra and Stray Heart.

Thats fucking awesome! Good Job :)

One question, where'd you get all the footage from the live shows from? Some of it i've seen before on other videos, but some of it haven't.

Thats fucking awesome! Good Job :)

One question, where'd you get all the footage from the live shows from? Some of it i've seen before on other videos, but some of it haven't.

thank you! :) The footage is completely from the clips on GD's youtube channel: the studio previews, tour updates and trailers.

thank you! :) The footage is completely from the clips on GD's youtube channel: the studio previews, tour updates and trailers.

Ahhh cool, maybe i just haven't seen some clips or something, anyways awesome job! :)

Alright.

I got something:

I think it's awesome they put Lady Cobra on the back, especially since she has a whole fucking song devoted to her.

How about posting pictures of the CD/CD book in spoilers (or just posting the links) until the album is actually out (and preferably out everywhere)? :)

Ok so, lyrically, Uno! was trash. It felt like Billie would have one line in his head and just fill everything else in with cliches. Dos! however, isn't that much better. Forgetting See you Tonight because it doesn't really develop too much, we have twelve songs on the album. Fuck Time is juvenile in every sense of the word and even if you like the song, you can't deny the lyrics are pretty bad. Stop When the Red Lights Flash is pretty solid. It's not exactly poetry but it gets some visuals across and isn't so corny. Lazy Bones is as generic as knockoff cereal. The lyrics not only rehash some older lines but are also unbelievably impersonal. Wild One has some great lines in it. Makeout Party is about par for the course for me. There are a few juvenile lines but all in all it becomes a decent lyrical track. Stray Heart is another song where the verses seem developed but the prechorus and chorus were just thrown together to get the song recorded. Not awful, just no what it could be. Ashley is another decent lyrical number that doesn't really develop appropriately, but then again, it could have to do with Billie writing about girlfriends when he's been married for nearly two decades. Baby Eyes is very jumbled. There are some lines that could have really worked with a deeper meaning but the rest of the lyrics just don't do them justice. Lady Cobra really gets the sleazy vibe across and there are enough lines that it actually feels like it has a point. Nightlife is just cringeworthy all the way through. Wow! That's Loud! has a real connection between the lyrics and music that elevates it beyond what you would read on a page. Amy is touching. A definite high point lyrically. Overall though, Dos! fails to impress on a lyrical front. I get the same feeling I did for Uno!, Billie focused on a few songs and just strung the others together haphazardly.

Wild One was sort of too slow for me at first but now I'm officially addicted to it. :wub: I especially love the way Billie sings the part "She gave up on Jesus for livin' on Venus, all dressed up with nowhere to go. I'm drinking the kool-aid, I jumped on the grenade". Me gusta.

Wild One was sort of too slow for me at first but now I'm officially addicted to it. :wub: I especially love the way Billie sings the part "She gave up on Jesus for livin' on Venus, all dressed up with nowhere to go. I'm drinking the kool-aid, I jumped on the grenade". Me gusta.

That's the portion of the song that makes me like it. Before listening to the album, I wasn't a huge fan of the live versions we've heard but the album version kicks ass. A tad slow, but powerful. Has me nodding my head the whole time.

Does anyone think Billie's voice is too loud in Amy. I just listened to it, and it annoyed me. I don't know if it just the giant headphones I have, and I didn't notice in the car the other day. I don't know, I get why they would do that but they just seem way too loud.

That's the portion of the song that makes me like it. Before listening to the album, I wasn't a huge fan of the live versions we've heard but the album version kicks ass. A tad slow, but powerful. Has me nodding my head the whole time.

When can expect your cover?

I knew the bridge melody of Ashley reminded me of some other song and I finally figured it out!

The bridge melody of Ashley (..A wish on a shooting star..) sounds like the verses of The Boo's song Super Starship.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but does anyone else hear the similarities?

Sorry if someone already posted it. Dunno. Don't click the spoiler if you wanna wait till tomorrow/tuesday to see the ablum. (posted the same in the trilogy thread. whatever. )

dos005.jpg

dos001.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality.

Archived