¡DOS! Album

Liam

i think i found a way ( i'll use my e guitar to usb cable it looks like this works) but it will again take at least 30 minutes to convert and upload...

cool, let me know if it works ! :D

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think i found a way ( i'll use my e guitar to usb cable it looks like this works) but it will again take at least 30 minutes to convert and upload...

please don't post a download link to the song on GDC.

I'd prefer Drama Queen to be on Tré. It doesn't belong on Dos, 'twould be out of place.

If i can ignore the heinousness that was Wild One (think that one's going to be more of a grower), then so far Dos is awesome.

It IS on Tre. :)

:runaround: :runaround: :runaround: Ashley!...is fucking amazing. Almost reminds me of old GD too.

Thanks. Who da girl on da back?

DSC_0113-1.jpg?t=1352407611

DSC_0112.jpg?t=1352407649

DSC_0111.jpg?t=1352407668

DSC_0110.jpg

Here you go everyone :)

Wow, looks awesome. I hope I get mine on time at least. Can't wait to see what the book edition looks like.

Please do it. You will make my day.

Thanks. Who da girl on da back?

I honestly have no clue, but I'd guess Lady Cobra?

It IS on Tre. :)

Awesome sauce. The trilogy is now perfect. :)

I honestly have no clue, but I'd guess Lady Cobra?

Oooh. That'd be kinda cool. Had no idea what she looked like. She looks...fun. ;)

Yup, it's Lady Cobra

Nailed it xD

Oooh. That'd be kinda cool. Had no idea what she looked like. She looks...fun. ;)

:mellow: I only guessed because I saw some posts in this thread about it earlier on

Baby Eyes and Lady Cobra. More of that, please. Spesh the former.

That insert looks wonderful, I want the album really badly now.

I originally thought Lady Cobra was a made up character... Who is she exactly? I've never heard of her before.

I originally thought Lady Cobra was a made up character... Who is she exactly? I've never heard of her before.

I believe she is the artist who did the female vocals on Nightlife and possibly Lady Cobra? I don't know about Lady Cobra, forgotten what it sounds like.

Wow! That's Loud has the coolest intro before quickly turning into a super-charged Foxboro song. And you really get the sense from songs like it on the album that Billie's vocals have become more varied and flexible.

Her name's Monica Painter. She's the singer of Mystic Knights of the Cobra. ;)

Her name's Monica Painter. She's the singer of Mystic Knights of the Cobra. ;)

You obviously know more than my limited knowledge of the trilogy, I'll let you speak :lol:

Wow! That's Loud has the coolest intro before quickly turning into a super-charged Foxboro song. And you really get the sense from songs like it on the album that Billie's vocals have become more varied and flexible.

I agree completely. I do however think the vocals are edited a little much. Certainly they're edited less than American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown (oh lord,) but I enjoyed the slightly off pitch, raw sound we got to hear in the 90s. I think a lot of songs could benefit from that, particularly from Uno.

And so concludes my first listen to Dos. It's been full of curveballs and unexpected stuff by GD, and the closing tune is no different. Amy is so bluesy and soulful. <sigh> Perfect end to the party and will segue nicely into the serious Tré.

That was a fun ride. :) Better than Uno, as expected. Guys, i am excited. Cannot wait to get my own physical copy delivered (it's the CD book).

Drama Queen sounds good, it seems to be the only acoustic song we've heard so far (See you tonight seems to be an unplugged electric) but I agree that moving it to Tre was a much better idea. I can't picture it coming between two of the loudest and most electric songs on Dos (Makeout Party and Ashley), but leading into X-Kid, now THAT'S a much better transition!

Ohh I thought Drama Queen written on the back of the Dos vinyl was just a misprint, didn't realize the song's actually on there! In that case let's keep discussion of it in the new thread for it :)

I agree completely. I do however think the vocals are edited a little much. Certainly they're edited less than American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown (oh lord,) but I enjoyed the slightly off pitch, raw sound we got to hear in the 90s. I think a lot of songs could benefit from that, particularly from Uno.

No, totally, i miss the old nasal-singing too. So much. And initially the one thing i wasn't looking forward to with the trilogy was hearing Nimrod-like songs on Uno sung in Billie's new voice, but it's grown on me too. I guess since he's been on Broadway and everything he kinda has to develop his voice a little different now anyways.

Might as well say what I've kept thinking about Wild One.

The chorus, in stead of "Jesus living on Venus" I hear "Jesus living on peanuts" or "Jesus living on penis" :lol: yeah... Will never be able to shake that from my thoughts.

I've been having a really rough last couple of days so this really raised my mood significantly.

I know how you feel, bro. :( I'm having a really rough week...

Archived