Used to run an officially endorsed Green Day site, ask me anything

JAS0N

I don't have any questions right now.. But that must have been so awesome. I guess that with this thread, you've expanded the number of your enviers a lot :lol:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually still have a note my mom left me - it said - "Call Jason White", at the time it wasn't cool but now I'm like damn Jason White actually called me lol

Did you talk to Jason a lot? Can you tell us something about how he's like in person? Thanks for starting this thread and answering questions, it's very interesting to read :)

Interesting that Adie still wanted to talk to you even though you were rude to her. Only because you would think it wouldn't be a big deal to the band. But I guess they saw it as a good promotion opportunity?

Also, Green Day didn't have an official site back then? Funny how they chose to promote themselves through a fan site instead of just starting their own.

This is soo awesome, i would love to see how this site was during 1955-1999. You're lucky :happy:

This is soo awesome, i would love to see how this site was during 1955-1999. You're lucky :happy:

So would I!

I thought the .net site was Brians.

He sold it to him a couple of years back for $5,000

I Was There! GreenDay.com and then GreenDay.net were the reasons for me wanting to get on the Internet in 1996. I also used to run a site called www.nimrodOnline.com

nimrodOnline is now an engineering website! :lol:

Woop! Page Own

They are still my favorite band, I love the new stuff - Uno was great to me because it reminded me of their earlier stuff that I fell in love with. I will admit though that 21 Century Breakdown was my least favorite album, I was really happen that the trilogy is more classic GD.

Nope, at the time the Internet was not nearly as much of a way of life as it is now though. I remember Adrienne commented that Billie doesn't really use the computer much - I was very surprised when he started on twitter and Instagram, but I'm happy to see they've embraced Instagram I'm particular and hope they keep up with it.

Adrienne would periodically ask me if I had questions for Billie and tell me to come up with some stuff to ask him and he'd reply with an email answering everything I asked - only spoke to him once when I met him in person.

A guy sent in a couple songs, one was called 'Listen Son' I think, and said they were leaked Green Day songs. I was an idiot and ran with it, a few radio stations played one of the songs and every single big music site reported on it (like Rolling Stone as mentioned). The next day Adrienne emailed me and said it was not Green Day. Just looked it up here is the full story on detail:

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Green-Day-Hoax

I just read the interview i linked with the guy who did the hoax and I feel like even more of a fucking idiot, wtf was I thinking.

Wasn't this something people were calling the Pencilcase Bandit EP or something? What a throwback! I still have that song I Had a Dream. Can't blame you for running with it because the casual listener would have been fooled into thinking it was Billie Joe's voice. It was just that spot-on.

I remember you too! But I thought you sold the site to Brian Gray?

Ahahaha found this in the archives

Green Day bass player Mike Dirnt wrote us regarding the

Green Day / Network controversy:

Dear Network!

I don't know which one of you clowns is your leader, but listen up!

Billie Joe may be obligated to put out your records, but I'm not obligated

to like your band. I hope you enjoy your 15 minutes of borrowed fame, because

where I come from one good record doesn't mean dick. So keep runnin' your mouths

cause it'll give me a good reason to come to the Key Club and kick all your circus monkey

asses!!!!

Mike Dirnt!!!!!

Ahahaha found this in the archives

Green Day bass player Mike Dirnt wrote us regarding the

Green Day / Network controversy:

Dear Network!

I don't know which one of you clowns is your leader, but listen up!

Billie Joe may be obligated to put out your records, but I'm not obligated

to like your band. I hope you enjoy your 15 minutes of borrowed fame, because

where I come from one good record doesn't mean dick. So keep runnin' your mouths

cause it'll give me a good reason to come to the Key Club and kick all your circus monkey

asses!!!!

Mike Dirnt!!!!!

This takes schizophrenia to a whole new level ... :lol:

Omg, that's so cool! Bloody hell, how I wish that was me.. must've been awesome!

I'd like to know, were you ever involved in their album recordings as in you were sent demos or singles before it was released?

Its a shame you didnt keep it, you never know you might of been able to get a tracklisting (if there was one) for C&V

wow you're so lucky!

I would give everything to talk to Billie.

after you sold your site did you have any contact with Addie or Billie? it could be very cool if they keep you their fan-friend

Interesting that Adie still wanted to talk to you even though you were rude to her. Only because you would think it wouldn't be a big deal to the band. But I guess they saw it as a good promotion opportunity?

Also, Green Day didn't have an official site back then? Funny how they chose to promote themselves through a fan site instead of just starting their own.

I believe they had a site but it was hosted by Reprise or something, like reprise records.com/GreenDay but I can't really recall. The Internet was a much different place then.

Omg, that's so cool! Bloody hell, how I wish that was me.. must've been awesome!

I'd like to know, were you ever involved in their album recordings as in you were sent demos or singles before it was released?

Not for Green Day's stuff but I did get stuff for Adeline Records. I remember getting an AFI ep on vinyl and they asked me to put song clips on the site - I had no idea how to get song clips from vinyl lol. I also promoted PG's Shoot The Moon. I never got anything ahead of time for Green Day except I was leaked by someone not connected to GD or Reprise the Nimrod album well before release, this was before the time of file sharing and stuff so it was pretty cool getting it before everyone else.

Its a shame you didnt keep it, you never know you might of been able to get a tracklisting (if there was one) for C&V

That was the great thing about that time, with a direct link between us the fans and the band we were never left in the dark. I think I mentioned earlier about the bands publicist freaking on me, it was because we had inside knowledge about every upcoming magazine article, promo appearance, single, etc

wow you're so lucky!

I would give everything to talk to Billie.

after you sold your site did you have any contact with Addie or Billie? it could be very cool if they keep you their fan-friend

Nope not really, as I mentioned earlier I did try to get ahold of Adrienne recently but never heard back. I believe she contacted Brian at GD.net after I was gone and provided him with updates but I think that stopped several years ago.

I remember this site very well - cool with all this information.

During the same time period, I used to co-run a site called GDSA, a shortening for "Green Day Sound Archive", where we posted various live clips and interviews of Green Day. This was waaaay before streaming was a regular thing. Anyone remember the site?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, thanks! As someone who also kept a blog about Green Day and a still active Twitter account, this was fun to read. Thanks for posting!

Archived