Green Day interview "Visions" part 2 (nov. 2012, german mag)

tre_cools_lady

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't speak German, but one thing I did understand is that Billie Joe wants to be in an orgy with four women.

Volunteers?

I don't speak German, but one thing I did understand is that Billie Joe wants to be in an orgy with four women.

Volunteers?

is that for real? care to translate?

Volunteers?

tumblr_mb0mjwA0g01qibho7o2_500.gif

is that for real? care to translate?

Yeah I'm being serious. :D

Check the very last paragraph: "Ich wollte schon immer mal in eine Orgie mit vier Frauen verwickelt sen." -> something like "I've always wanted to be in an orgy with four women."

I wish I could read German, I don't understand a word :lol:

The article looks very interesting

Volunteers?

:mellow:

tumblr_m3qb949sCO1r33rt2.gif

Volunteers?

haha...nice.

Thanks :) Last Friday I bought the "Smash" instead (y'know... That one with "tape on her mouth" and "let's get started" :P) since they're on the cover, I hadn't enough money anyway and it didn't seem interesting. Gotta think about buying it now.

Dieser spekulierte Schwachsinn am Anfang des Artikels gefällt mir irgendwie garnicht.

Woah Claudia, someone translate why is my name there.

according to goolge translater "Claudia now has a horse" :mellow:

When I translated it into Polish, it turned out something like this: "Claudia is now a horse".

I don't get it.

Woah Claudia, someone translate why is my name there.

according to goolge translater "Claudia now has a horse" :mellow:

I don't get it as well and yea, google translater's right :blink:

Okay, I'm gonna translate it! I will put it in this post when I'm done. :happy:

Claudia has a horse now

[Translator's note: This is a reference to the song "Claudia II" by German punk band Die Ärzte where a girl called Claudia has sex with a horse. It's banned in Germany and it's probably the headline of the article because of the sex themes of iDos!]

We remember: In a beachhouse at Newport Beach, California, Flo Hayler meets Green Day, a worldwide operating punk rock trio with a highly developed tendency for surfing and a vocabulary focusing on words like "sex" and "fuck" - in their early 40s.

What Hayler couldn't have guessed in July 2012 at Newport Beach: Singer Billie Joe Armstrong has, next to his previously mentioned preferences, a soft spot for substances of "unknown sources", which led to his on-camera freak out at the iHeart Radio festival in Las Vegas, which made him check into rehab. He's still there, drinking tea and eating buiscuits, observating the release of two new Green Day albums from a safe distance. Considering the average trilogy start of iUno! [TN: Second place at Billboard is average?!] maybe that's the best place to cool his temper.

What's remarkable while listening to iUno!, but even more while listening to iDos! and iTré! is that you use the word "fuck" noticeably often. Not just as a decorating adjective or a rebellious gesture, but even in song titles. How come?

Billie Joe Armstrong: That's probably because fuck is the only one of three rockstar f-words that doesn't cost money, unlike floats and flies. I don't have the second two, but I do have a wife who I can have clean fights and dirty sex with.

Tré Cool: Just as dirty as your drummer sometimes.

Mike Dirnt: Hey, do you know that one? How do you prevent a dog to dry-hump your leg?

I don't know.

Dirnt: You pick him up and give him a blowjob. [TN: Mike totally stole Billie's joke that he made in 2009 once. :lol:]

Funny. But back to the question: Is it true that a song called It's Fuck Time started the ball rolling? Just like American Idiot was the spark that created the same-titled album?

Armstrong: Yeah, you could say that. One of the actors from the American Idiot Broadway musical, Theo Stockman, called himself "King of Fuck". Before every performance the ensemble formed a circle and shouted: "One, two, three, it's fuck time!" So I wrote a song with that name. We played it with the Foxboro Hot Tubs at Don Hill's (infamous club in New York, closed by now) and initially the song should have made it's duty there. But then we realized the we shouldn't abandon It's Fuck Time to our alter-ego but that we should use the the song for Green Day.

The covers of the three albums show a portrait of each of you. Does that mean that the personality of each of you is being presented in each of the albums, or maybe the respective musical preferences?

Dirnt: No, the names and the covers of the albums don't have anything to do with the content or the music. We just thought, "iUno!, iDos!, iMike!" sounded like crap, so we used iTré! instead.

Armstrong: The covers and names are silly nonsense, but that's how we are. We made the photos by phone, without any effort. After the two previous dark album covers we wanted to do something light-footed and colorful again, and that's how the songs became, too. We wanted to step back from the heavy intensity of the last two albums, back to the fun of the "classic" Green Day of the early years, just with a better, punchier sound.

"Classic" Green Day: That sounds old, wise and noble. But here you don't really seem to act wise and noble, but rather in the middle of puberty.

Armstrong: I could replace "classic" with "oldschool" Green Day, but I have a big problem with that word, way to cool for me, too much slang. "Yo, yo, oldschool", that sounds too dull, even though I also use it sometimes to make it easier where I'm going with.

The songs of the three new albums were written at various places and different situations. Some say that during your free days of the 21st Century Breakdown Tour you went to the next best rehearsal room to work on new songs.

Dirnt: With Green Day we always try to get out of our comfort zone and put ourselves in new, uncommon situations. We've been in this band for two decades, so it often happens that we degenerate to the same old patterns and distribution of roles. This wasn't supposed to happen this time.

Armstrong: For each of us it's difficult to go without the other two. [TN: Nawww.] We always hang out anyway, on tour and at home. That's why we didn't have any problem with spending our free days on tour with each other. On tour we created a whole lot of demos, in Stockholm, Amsterdam, Glasgow, even at Hansa Studios in Berlin. Later we spent a lot of time in New York, Southern California, and Texas to write even more songs. We had about 56 complete songs when we got the idea to spread them over three albums - like the Green Day version of legendary album series like Led Zeppelin I to IV or Van Halen with their three self-titled albums. We wanted to start a new chapter with the trilogy, the next era of Green Day.

After which criterias did you spread the songs over the albums?

Armstrong: This time there isn't a direct concept or a special common theme, every song stands on its own. Nevertheless some songs had a matching mood with some songs more than with others, and that's how we placed them on the albums. iUno! is the kick-off to a party, including preperation what to wear and stuff. iDos! is the party itself, pure hell of excessiveness which brings you to the brink of a meltdown. iTré! is the morning after, when you think about what happened and try to find a sense behind it. In a nutshell: It's a round-the-world trip by and with Green Day in 37 songs, at which end you ask yourself how it even happened.

Dirnt: It's like waking up after a party next to a completely unknown woman, with her panties in your face, trying to find your car keys.

Sounds like a crazy night to me. Were there any changes in the last two years, next to various partys, any notable changes in your private life and business life?

Armstrong: We're 40 now, isn't that tragic enough? But no, there weren't any fundamental changes. But: Mike's father died. And several other yearlong friends of us have passed away. That's why I already get nostalgic when I listen to songs like X-Kid or The Forgotten and reflect our past - my individual past as well as the band's past - and the fact that we have responsibilites now and can't act as egoistic as kids now. We have to look at the bigger picture now. What especially affected us was the suicide of an old friend. Suicide is often declared as something romantic, as an act of love and desperation, even though it's the complete opposite: a brutal, hateful, egoistic act.

We had such a funny start but now arrived at such a sad topic. What do we do now?

Armstrong: If you want to, I could loosen it up by telling you one of my most intimate dreams.

Alright.

Armstrong: I've always wanted to have an orgy with four women.

Dirnt: That's better than having four dogs dry-humping you.

Armstrong: Right. But picking them up won't be easy.

Maybe the "Claudia now has a horse" - part has something to do with the first part of the interview?

I think the "Claudia now has a horse" thing has something to do with a song from a german punk-rock band called Die Ärzte. The song is called "Claudia hat 'nen Schäferhund" (Claudia has got a dog), it's about fucking animals and stuff :D And in the song is part where they sing "Claudia now has a horse"

Okay, here's a little summary of the interview. First they talk about Billie's little

Problem with alcohol and about him being in rehab. After that, they start talking about the fact, that they use very often the word "fuck" even in the song titles (Fuck Time).

(They said, the count of fucks is in Dos and Tre higher than in Uno :P)

Then they talked about the "invention" of "Fuck TIme" (I think everyone knows that story) After that, they talked about the about the making of the album covers, they said they made

them with there mobiles. They wrote the songs between their 21st Century Breakdown Gigs. Then they talked (again) about

that stuff with the party (Uno is before the party, Dos is the party and Tre is after the party)^^

Short before the End, they talked about some sad stuff, that happend in the last years (Mike's father died, some

friends died and the connection between there deaths and the songs. At the end, Billie talks about his

weirdest dream "I wanna have a orgie with four womens" :DD

And Mike told a little Joke, too:

How do you stop a dog from fucking your leg?

-You take him and give him a blowjob.

Not that funny, but kinky :DD

Yeha, I think that's pretty much all.

I'm sorry if something is wrong, I'm german..so my english isn't perfect^^

Alright, I'm done with the translation! Check my previous post. Maybe include a link to my post at the very first post to find it more easily?

Okay, I'm gonna translate it! I will put it in this post when I'm done. :happy:

Claudia has a horse now

[Translator's note: This is a reference to the song "Claudia II" by German punk band Die Ärzte where a girl called Claudia has sex with a horse. It's banned in Germany and it's probably the headline of the article because of the sex themes of iDos!]

We remember: In a beachhouse at Newport Beach, California, Flo Hayler meets Green Day, a worldwide operating punk rock trio with a highly developed tendency for surfing and a vocabulary focusing on words like "sex" and "fuck" - in their early 40s.

What Hayler couldn't have guessed in July 2012 at Newport Beach: Singer Billie Joe Armstrong has, next to his previously mentioned preferences, a soft spot for substances of "unknown sources", which led to his on-camera freak out at the iHeart Radio festival in Las Vegas, which made him check into rehab. He's still there, drinking tea and eating buiscuits, observating the release of two new Green Day albums from a safe distance. Considering the average trilogy start of iUno! [TN: Second place at Billboard is average?!] maybe that's the best place to cool his temper.

What's remarkable while listening to iUno!, but even more while listening to iDos! and iTré! is that you use the word "fuck" noticeably often. Not just as a decorating adjective or a rebellious gesture, but even in song titles. How come?

Billie Joe Armstrong: That's probably because fuck is the only one of three rockstar f-words that doesn't cost money, unlike floats and flies. I don't have the second two, but I do have a wife who I can have clean fights and dirty sex with.

Tré Cool: Just as dirty as your drummer sometimes.

Mike Dirnt: Hey, do you know that one? How do you prevent a dog to dry-hump your leg?

I don't know.

Mike: You pick him up and give him a blowjob. [TN: Mike totally stole Billie's joke that he made in 2009 once. :lol:]

Funny. But back to the question: Is it true that a song called It's Fuck Time started the ball rolling? Just like American Idiot was the spark that created the same-titled album?

Armstrong: Yeah, you could say that. One of the actors from the American Idiot Broadway musical, Theo Stockman, called himself "King of Fuck". Before every performance the ensemble formed a circle and shouted: "One, two, three, it's fuck time!" So I wrote a song with that name. We played it with the Foxboro Hot Tubs at Don Hill's (infamous club in New York, closed by now) and initially the song should have made it's duty there. But then we realized the we shouldn't abandon It's Fuck Time to our alter-ego but that we should use the the song for Green Day.

The covers of the three albums show a portrait of each of you. Does that mean that the personality of each of you is being presented in each of the albums, or maybe the respective musical preferences?

Dirnt: No, the names and the covers of the albums don't have anything to do with the content or the music. We just thought, "iUno!, iDos!, iMike!" sounded like crap, so we used iTré! instead.

Armstrong: The covers and names are silly nonsense, but that's how we are. We made the photos by phone, without any effort. After the two dark album covers before we wanted to do something light-footed and colorful again, and that's how the songs became, too. We wanted to step back from the heavy intensity of the last two albums, back to the fun of the "classic" Green Day of the early years, just with a better, punchier sound.

"Classic" Green Day: That sounds old, wise and noble. But here you don't really seem to act wise and noble, but rather in the middle of puberty.

Armstrong: I could replace "classic" with "oldschool" Green Day, but I have a big problem with that word, way to cool for me, too much slang. "Yo, yo, oldschool", that sounds too dull, even though I also use it sometimes to make it easier where I'm going with.

The songs of the three new albums were written at various places and different situations. Some say that during your free days of the 21st Century Breakdown Tour you went to the next best rehearsal room to work on new songs.

Dirnt: With Green Day we always try to get out of our comfort zone and put ourselves in new, uncommon situations. We've been in this band for two decades, so it often happens that we degenerate to the same old patterns and distribution of roles. This wasn't supposed to happen this time.

Armstrong: For each of us it's difficult to go without the other two. [TN: Nawww.] We always hang out anyway, on tour and at home. That's why we didn't have any problem with spending our free days on tour with each other. On tour we created a whole lot of demos, in Stockholm, Amsterdam, Glasgow, even at Hansa Studios in Berlin. Later we spent a lot of time in New York, South California, and Texas to write even more songs. We had about 56 complete songs when we got the idea to spread them over three albums - like the Green Day version of legendary album series like Led Zeppelin I to IV or Van Halen with their three self-titled albums. We wanted to start a new chapter with the trilogy, the next era of Green Day.

After which criterias did you spread the songs over the albums?

Armstrong: This time there isn't a direct concept or a special common theme, every song stands on its own. Nevertheless some songs had a matching mood with some songs more than with others, and that's how we placed them on the albums. iUno! is the kick-off to a party, including preperation what to wear and stuff. iDos! is the party itself, pure hell of excessiveness which brings you to the brink of a meltdown. iTré! is the morning after, when you think about what happened and try to find a sense behind it. In a nutshell: It's a round-the-world trip by and with Green Day in 37 songs, at which end you ask yourself how it even happened.

Dirnt: It's like waking up after a party next to a completely unknown woman, with her panties in your face, trying to find your car keys.

Sounds like a crazy night to me. Were there any changes in the last two years, next to various partys, any notable changes in your private life and business life?

Armstrong: We're 40 now, isn't that tragic enough? But no, there weren't any fundamental changes. But: Mike's father died. And several other yearlong friends of us have passed away. That's why I already get nostalgic when I listen to songs like X-Kid or The Forgotten and reflect our past - my individual past as well as the band's past - and the fact that we have responsibilites now and can't act as egoistic as kids now. We have to look at the bigger picture now. What especially affected us was the sucidide of an old friend. Sucidide is often declared as something romantic, as an act of love and desperation, even though it's the complete opposite: a brutal, hateful, egoistic act.

We had such a funny start but now arrived at such a sad topic. What do we do now?

Armstrong: If you want to, I could loosen it up by telling you one of my most intimate dreams.

Alright.

Armstrong: I always wanted to have an orgy with four women.

Dirnt: That's better than having four dogs dry-humping you.

Armstrong: Right. But picking them up won't be easy.

Thanks so much for translating!

It comes from the phrase "If it flies (plane), floats (boat) or fucks (woman) - you're better off renting it". Just a stupid little joke on Billie's part. :P

Archived