Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Year abroad

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Rianne

Rianne
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • Joined May 09, 2010
  • 524 rep

So you found a new family and you're coming to Chicago and Moline? :woot:

yeah. :D Awesome place to live in, great new family, and 2 shows instead of 1! 

Seriously? You're driving out to Chicago for the show? So excited! And you got replaced in Denver? That was fast. So glad it happened actually. No more waiting and worrying. Good to know your adventure is continuing!

Ofcourse I'm gonna drive there. It's only about 12 hours, and I got 3 or 4 days to get to Chicago, so it's good. I'm just not looking forward to driving 12 hours back in 1 day, but I don't really mind. And I still gotta find tickets, but I'll take care of that at the venue I guess.... surely someone will have 1 spare ticket. :) I'm so excited about it - not only seeing Green Day but roadtripping in the USA. It's something I always wanted to do, and combining it with seeing my fave band twice is just heaven.

Mary711

Mary711
  • Living for the next show

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,396 posts
  • Joined Jun 30, 2010
  • 2,290 rep

Ofcourse I'm gonna drive there. It's only about 12 hours, and I got 3 or 4 days to get to Chicago, so it's good. I'm just not looking forward to driving 12 hours back in 1 day, but I don't really mind. And I still gotta find tickets, but I'll take care of that at the venue I guess.... surely someone will have 1 spare ticket. :) I'm so excited about it - not only seeing Green Day but roadtripping in the USA. It's something I always wanted to do, and combining it with seeing my fave band twice is just heaven.

I'm so happy to hear that, Rianne. When are you going to move? Colorado sounds like a great place to live and I really hope you'll have more luck with the family this time.

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 21,642 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 5,751 rep

YAY!!!!!!!!  Check the tour thread for the Chicago show.  I believe a few people have mentioned selling seat and GA tickets. 

bajenna

bajenna
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined Sep 13, 2011
  • 6 rep

I've been in Japan for almost a year now, I will leave in April and then it will be exactly one year!

I came here to study the language and it has been worth it, I'm already fine with everyday talk and I can express my thoughts the way they are most of the time. I also did a part-time job (in 7 eleven haha :D) for a while here, so I guess this experience would look nice in the cv but that wasn't the reason why I decided to learn the language... I wanted to live in Japan, that's the reason.

But as I just can't stay still, I already feel the need to leave.. Also, I feel like the Japanese life style is not for me after all. Everyone is too busy and it's just work work money money nice clothes and shallow friendships (don't get me wrong, there's many great things and people in Japan too, but that seems to be the norm)... Next place I go to is California, I'll stay there for two months and then I come back to Japan again though!

Rianne

Rianne
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • Joined May 09, 2010
  • 524 rep

I'm so happy to hear that, Rianne. When are you going to move? Colorado sounds like a great place to live and I really hope you'll have more luck with the family this time.

tomorrow!  :mellow: Everything is going to fast...

YAY!!!!!!!!  Check the tour thread for the Chicago show.  I believe a few people have mentioned selling seat and GA tickets. 

Thanks, I PM-ed someone. I do want GA/pit/floor tickets for the 2 shows. I'm sure I'll be able to though - I got Dropkick Murphys tickets 10 minutes before the show started and it was fine. But it'll be better to have them before I actually leave :P

Mary711

Mary711
  • Living for the next show

• 8,396 posts
  • Joined Jun 30, 2010
  • 2,290 rep

Any updates from anyone exploring the world right now or planning to do so?

IlariaIDIOT

IlariaIDIOT
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Joined Sep 17, 2010
  • 449 rep

I really want to do that.
Last year in our school came a guy who has been in Japan for 1 year and he really liked it.
Also, I know a friend, who was with me in musical class, who now is in Australia for studying. Lucky her!
I wish I had enough money to go abroad and studying English and Spanish because I'm going already to a Language school
(I've been to England & France but just for one week, for school. :dry:)

missminority182

missminority182
  • it ends here tonight.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,952 posts
  • Joined Dec 06, 2011
  • 1,635 rep

I wish I could but due to the disability payments I receive, I can't be out of the US for more than 30 days and I get minimal money. But if I could of been able to do it, I would go to France or Germany or the Netherlands.

What.the.hey

What.the.hey
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined Aug 25, 2012
  • 0 rep

Hosting a Green Day fan?

Hi all!

I’m Lennard, 17 years old, from Germany and a big Green Day fan. :)

As I’m very interested in the U.S., I want to do an high school year (school year 2013/2014).

So I’m looking for a host family that would give me a home for my best year of my life.

I already got an exchange organization, everything is prepared (all checks were made) and I’m ready to go.

You might know somebody who could be interested in hosting me? That would be great!

If you’re interested, please check my profile on

http://host.asse.com...t_our_students/

(search for “Germany, Male, interests: drums /my profile code is: GI031EE)

Thank you for helping, please contact me via PM! :)

P.S.: Here is a photo of me meeting Tré at Tivoli in Copenhagen, Denmark (July 1st), the day before concert: http://statigr.am/p/...06401_286390832

CristhyneS

CristhyneS
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Joined Sep 07, 2005
  • 1,007 rep

My university has an exchange program where you can do your last year abroad. I don't have to apply until a year and a half from now, but it is something you must work towards with, because the selection process for the ones who get in the program is very tough, you need to have top grades, have some knowledge of the language of the country you're going to if it is Italy, Germany, France, Japan or Brasil/Portugal, for all the other countries/universities available they only expect you to know English, and you need to have other stuff to make your resume look even prettier than others. 

Ideally I would love to go to Germany, the university has an exchange program with 3 universities there and I simply would LOVE to learn the language. But it all will depend on what grades I have when it's my time to apply, and what the demand will be for the German universities, so I might end up applying for some other country, depending on the circumstances when the time comes. 

Velocity

Velocity
  • The Diamond Church Street Choir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2007
  • 744 rep

Not me, but one of my best friends is leaving tomorrow to go to Japan for a year to teach English to elementary/middle school kids. She's not coming back to visit during that time :( It's gonna be so weird, plus the 13-hour time difference isn't going to help. womp womp. I hope the adjustment isn't too bad for her, must be so weird in a new country with a different culture, language, everything for such a long time.

Dr. Queen Schultz

Dr. Queen Schultz
  • jane became insane

• 16,335 posts
  • Joined Jul 27, 2008
  • 4,413 rep

Weeeeell I did travel the United States for 3 month, which some of you might know. :lol:

And what can I say: It was the best thing I did so far in my life. In so many ways did it make me a better person, wiser, richer (not money-wise though! :lol:), more independent, I appreciate a lot of things more and honestly, I cannot even find words for what that journey did to me. However, I do know that I want to go back to the States as soon as possible. Hopefully I can afford time and money in Feburary next year, even if it's jsut 3 or 4 weeks. :)

wendimoore

wendimoore
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Joined Jul 25, 2013
  • 62 rep

Im going to apply for Erasmus and hopefully i get selected by my university... I wish i could stay 6 months in England or Germany... that wouldnt be useful cos it goes in my cv, but also cos it would be a great experience... und ich wuerde meine Sprachkenntnisse verbessern :)

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 961 rep

I'm moving abroad for college in two weeks :o

I have a stupid question for you all. Do you know when you go somewhere else your phone network automatically changes to a different one. (As in, my phone is Meteor here in Ireland, but when I go to the UK it becomes Orange or T Moblile UK.) The problem is I can't get credit go into my phone when the network changes. Do I have to change to the UK network properly or is it something else entirely?  :confused:  :shy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users