Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Why Billie Joe Armstrong is a Hero - School Work

Debate

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

tiagojeff

tiagojeff
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined Nov 02, 2012
  • 0 rep
Hey guys!

I'm new to this forum, I just signed up! I'm very glad to be part of this community of Green Day lovers.

I've got to do a presention about someone I consider a Hero, and I instantly thought of Billie Joe, as he has influenced me in my lifestyle and musical knowledge. So I wondered: Why do you guys, great Green Day fans, consider him a Hero, if you do?

It'd be great to have some answers, not only for my presentation but also to begin the interaction around here.

Thank you!

ThibautDookie

ThibautDookie
  • Die hard fan of rare interviews and rare pics of Green Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,692 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2012
  • 7,437 rep
Because he putted punk back in the 90's and got a lot of success with Dookie.
And he's very nice with his fans.

captain peroxide

captain peroxide
  • Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,804 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2007
  • 6,453 rep
Just curious, how will opinions of how Billie Joe is a hero of ours help you give a presentation of how he's a hero of yours?
  • spark in the night, Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love, Kayfabe and 1 other like this

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • i am groot

• 26,771 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 7,290 rep
because he mooned the crowd man inspirational stuff okay
  • Billie Hoe is my hero, captain peroxide and Floyd Pinkerton like this

spark in the night

spark in the night
  • ◊∴◊ 400⋅LUX ◊∴◊

• 29,918 posts
  • Joined Jul 15, 2005
  • 3,020 rep
Now that I think about it, he hasn't really saved me from anything....so he's not really a hero. He's just one fine-ass bitch.

No I take that back....he saved me from getting into shitty pop music. He opened the doors of good music and I followed in.

But he's still a fine-ass bitch

TheGreenDayKidd

TheGreenDayKidd
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts
  • Joined Jun 28, 2012
  • 490 rep
First of all Hi and welcome to GDC! :) Have fun!
If is this your school work and you want to present Billie Joe as a hero than you must know why is he your hero..(we don't know why is he your hero) :P But I can tell you why he is my hero.. ;) Because he is my idol, he is such a great musician and amazing song writer and he is also very nice to his fans. :) Because of him (not just him, but also Mike and Tre) I'm that kind of person that I am. They changed my life. Few years ago I was so shy girl, I never thought I would be able to sing infront of a lot of people and be different (style) then other population.. But I like to be different. And when I have some hard times, they help me to get through it (by listening to their music).. :happy: That's on short why he is my hero.. :) And they saved me to listen to good music, not some other shitty music and I really like that!!!! That means a lot to me that I listen to such an amazing music. And going to their concert is just.. :wub: The whole energy at the shows is also amazing.. (Ok now I was talking about Green Day, not just Billie :dry: )

tiagojeff

tiagojeff
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined Nov 02, 2012
  • 0 rep

Just curious, how will opinions of how Billie Joe is a hero of ours help you give a presentation of how he's a hero of yours?

Well, if I can relate to how you think of him as a person I'll be certainly more into putting effort in the work, and keeping that thought in mind. For me it works as a stimulation, but it's for sure that I read what you guys say and get ideas to make my own paper, which will come from my inner self.

Amanda

Amanda
  • Loved Very Much by Joey

• 30,131 posts
  • Joined Apr 08, 2005
  • 7,398 rep
He's not the Messiah my hero, he's a very naughty boy.
  • captain peroxide and Maddy. like this

Gregorovich

Gregorovich
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Joined Oct 20, 2012
  • 481 rep
Standard answer: He took a stand against against a corrupt and hypocritical system of bureaucrats and fools, and effectively began the artistic revolution of the mid-00s.

captain peroxide

captain peroxide
  • Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

• 15,804 posts
  • Joined Feb 20, 2007
  • 6,453 rep

Well, if I can relate to how you think of him as a person I'll be certainly more into putting effort in the work, and keeping that thought in mind. For me it works as a stimulation, but it's for sure that I read what you guys say and get ideas to make my own paper, which will come from my inner self.

Ahh, okay, I gotcha :)

Green Day In Seattle

Green Day In Seattle
  • fuckdatshit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • Joined Aug 27, 2012
  • 2,894 rep
He never gives up no matter how bad things get. He shows so much strength and dedication despite all of the adversities he has faced over the years. He is incredibly talented, creative, and intelligent and always works his hardest and gives it his all to make the best music he can. Billie also has a genuinely good heart and he is true to himself and not afraid to bare his soul or show his feelings. He should be an inspiration to all of us. He's such a sweet, caring person and that is obvious from how he speaks, behaves towards others, and what other people have said about interacting with him. Who couldn't love him?! I also have great respect for his willingness to stand up for his beliefs no matter what the backlash. Through doing that, he is able to give a voice to all the others who feel the same but are unwilling or unable to speak out for themselves. He takes risks because he is not afraid to do what he feels in his heart is right.
I love his song writing and how easy it is for people from all different backgrounds to relate to. This is because there is truth in it, not just some superficial, artificial message that happens to sell well. Green Day's music has helped me through a lot of tough times as has Billie's steadfast work ethic and ability to keep going when things are hard. I am truly thankful for all that he has done for the music world and for his fans. That's why he's my hero/idol and why I love him.

Plus... he's the most beautiful, attractive living thing in the universe. :wub:

kerplunk_chick

kerplunk_chick
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Joined Apr 30, 2006
  • 230 rep
I don't think I've ever considered him a hero. An idol maybe, but not a hero.
I guess I could consider him a hero in some aspects though.
He struggled through hardships in his life (his father dying when he was young, being shunned by the underground punk scene, and now his substance abuse) and has always seemed to come out on top.
He stands up for his beliefs through his songs, regardless of what others may think or how they will react to his music. He can be bold and complex in his writing, but also fun and free. He is incredibly inspirational and talented.
And he is doing what he needs to do in terms of coming over his substance abuse, which is admirable.

Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2010
  • 87 rep
If it wasn't for billie joe, or green day for that matter, I certiantly would not be who I am today. Before finding green day, I was a boring, shy person who kept all her feelings buried deep inside, and cared way too much about what people thought about me (I'm far from that person today). I feel like they helped me out of that. They "taught me how to live"

Floyd Pinkerton

Floyd Pinkerton
  • Head of Tom's legal council

• 18,706 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 2,761 rep
Because he used to play naked and he shamelessly wears g-strings.

musso_kn

musso_kn
  • Just alright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,935 posts
  • Joined Oct 28, 2012
  • 2,600 rep
Now that I think about it, in a way, I owe him quite a bit. I got into them when I was 12 years old. I'd started secondary school over a year earlier and hadn't found it easy fitting in. I had virtually no friends. There was a boy I had to sit next to in history and citizenship lessons. He was alright, and always secretly liked me as a person (though he'd never let the other peopl in our class know that), and we went on to later become very good friends. He was obsessed with Green Day, and I, wondering what all the fuss was about, discovered them and I became an even bigger fan. I found a strange comfort in Billie Joe's song writing. I wasn't the masturbating pothead illustrated in Longview, but I was a loser and weirdo. I was the minority. And fuck 'em all! I was suddenly proud to be who I was, regardless of what others thought. I started getting into other cool bands, old and new. Six months later, I started playing guitar. My new found music taste helped me find friends who were like me in every way. I got into a band, and though we don't really play in competitions and concerts like we used to, we're still really good friends.

It was just a little bullying, nothing major on the grand scale of things, but I was a sensitive kid and needed some confidence. My family were supportive in teaching me to stand up for myself, or at least be strong. my everlasting faith in God helped, and made me realise their were bigger things to overcome in life than some nasty little boys and bitchy girls. Billie Joe's song writing, with his invigorating music and I-don't-give-a-fuck-what-you-think-of-me lyrics, played a fairly significant part in giving me a hand too. I'm still easily hurt and complex, but little blast of Green Day, can often help me unleash a whirlwind of emotion. So yeah, that is why BJA, and the entire band for that matter, are heroes to me. :happy:

Advertising

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,390 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,890 rep

I don't think I've ever considered him a hero. An idol maybe, but not a hero.

What's the difference?

kerplunk_chick

kerplunk_chick
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Joined Apr 30, 2006
  • 230 rep

What's the difference?

A hero for me is someone who has done something heroic or brave, saved a life for instance. An idol for me would be someone who I admire that doesn't have to do something heroic or brave. Maybe has an interesting musical ability for instance.
  • Kayfabe likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Debate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users