Can't be bothered to visit GDA everyday? Get the newsletter.

Joey

Hello there,

I'm the editor (though Andres hasn't yet gotten round to adding me to the team forum yet) of the GDA Newsletter. The idea of it is to provide you with, in email form, all the Green Day news you might've missed in the past week without you having to go through the torture (yes, torture) of reading all those white-on-black stories on the main site. It's a hassle, I know.

I've taken it upon myself (which is reasonable enough, since it's my job) to recruit some more readers. There are over 50,000 members on GDC but there are only 6,500 subscribers to the Newsletter. Hey, you 44,500, do you know what you're missing?

http://tinyletter.com/Green-Day-Authority

Some mod can pin this.

Cheers

I wasn't a subscriber but will do so now.

but i'll still carry on checking GDA at least once a day...

I would like to suggest that the newsletter is also delivered via the GDA FB feed. Why ? Believe it or not I get very little personal email these days outside of online shopping, bills etc. Work stays separate and most of my family, friends and interests messaging is by phone or FB. I already make use of the GDA FB newsfeeds (and they are very good and useful) but to also use it to send out a newsletter, which I hope would highlight not just news but maybe popular or salient forum topics, would be my preferred choice.

Just got this week's newsletter, and even though I've already heard about all the news, I really enjoyed it!

I signed up, *looks at inbox*, in November 2010. Lol I thought I did so a few months ago :lol: Anyway, I like the GDA newsletter because that way I know for sure I'm not missing something.

I was kind of ticked off at this last newsletter. Who did an estimate on what the average age of a green day fan is? Maybe the average age for people on this site, or band wagon American Idiot recruits. If you look further you will find a huge age range of fans. I became a fan at 13, when Dookie came out (I'm 32 now). My mom is even a fan. I guess she had to be since Green Day was what I played everyday when I grew up. I'm not at all putting anyone down for becoming fans especially when American Idiot came out. Any time or at any age when a person becomes a green day fan is awesome by me. I love every album for different reasons. My point is, try less to alienate the older aged fans. And thanks for reminding me that I only have 41 years left to live. Just sayin'.....

You didn't give a link for Static Noise in the last newsletter. Does that mean that guys decided to stop recording the podcast? :ermm:

I was kind of ticked off at this last newsletter.

Someone brought this up in the Dos thread. Here's my reply

You didn't give a link for Static Noise in the last newsletter. Does that mean that guys decided to stop recording the podcast? :ermm:

Yeah.

Anybody enjoy any of the last newsletter? My goal is to have 5999 people hate it and one person love it.

Anybody enjoy any of the last newsletter? My goal is to have 5999 people hate it and one person love it.

I've liked all of your newsletters - been meaning to post about it since you put up the thread. Considering that most of what you're presenting is stuff I've already gotten on the forum, you make it worth reading because of the spin you put on it, the concise and punchy way you put it together, the humor you bring to it, and yeah, your voice. I like hearing different voices on GDA stuff. :)

As to the Dos leak thing, it didn't raise my hackles at all - I just heard it as your opinion. I hope you continue to say it as you see fit, and again, kudos on putting together a lively newsletter. :)

I've liked all of your newsletters - been meaning to post about it since you put up the thread. Considering that most of what you're presenting is stuff I've already gotten on the forum, you make it worth reading because of the spin you put on it, the concise and punchy way you put it together, the humor you bring to it, and yeah, your voice. I like hearing different voices on GDA stuff. :)

As to the Dos leak thing, it didn't raise my hackles at all - I just heard it as your opinion. I hope you continue to say it as you see fit, and again, kudos on putting together a lively newsletter. :)

Thanks, it's appreciated.

There's been comment that the newsletter should be nothing but a list of the week's news. That's lame and no better than a Google Alert. Accept a bit of personality in your newsletter, even if it's an abrasive, sarcastic Brit's personality.

Sharing it via the GDA Facebook feed would be the domain of Andres and I'm not sure how it'd work logistically but I'd be happy enough for that to happen. I have thought about keeping an archive of old newsletters on the main site for folks to refer to but again, I'm only an editor, not the owner.

Loved this weeks newsletter.

Even the GDA Newsletter HQ has been blasting it all week, annoying the losers downstairs who write the lamentable Sum 41 Authority Newsletter.

Well one of the main reasons I like the GDA newsletters is because they're not just a list of events and the week's news. :) They're fun to read, creative/original, and a nice reminder of what I've read on GDC.

Archived