Uno Dos Tré behind the scenes

Homero

i really love watching those videos but i hope there won't be more because i wanted (at least) the documentary not to be spoiled. It seems that everything from the trilogy gets spoiled :(

I know i could just not watch them but i have too less self cotrol to not watch/listen any new GD stuff :(

This was just like 3 minutes of it. theres alot more to see, haha. Just dont wartch more vidoes :3

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uno is almost 26 in Rolling Sone's album charts this week. Just got the magazine today. No hit singles, marketing was good for UNO, but promotion is completely absent for DOS and TRE. Without promotion, I'll be surprised if Dos does better than Uno.

It's also #8 on Billboard's Alternative Albums chart and #12 on the Rock Albums chart. It's well on its way to platinum status, and I wouldn't be surprised if it got subsequent pushes when Dos and Tre release. I wouldn't consider any million-selling record a flop from any artist, especially in the digital age.

what are the chords?

I may be wrong, but it looks like an E power chord, then E/C# (mute the A string), then E/B (still mute the A string) for two bars. That's the riff. Then just after, you go down to an A, then back to E (with a quick B in between), and including that E, you go E, B, C#, A, then back to the riff. Sorry if that's confusing, but if you play along it should make sense. Seems like there's another chord after E/B, but I can't figure it out just yet :\

If I had to choose, I'd say either Missing You or Walk Away. Maybe Brutal Love, but it doesn't sound glam rocky. Personally I think it's Missing You.

Cool, whatever it is, it sounds amazing! :)

Yes, I faintly hear some Drama Queen lyrics, it's definitely it!

Actually, I don't know if you all remember the talk there was about the surf-pop band Best Coast which was gonna open for Green Day at some point, and Billie Joe have said once that it's a band he recently got really into. Well, I checked them out and then got their two albums, and they are actually pretty good in their own manner. Yet their songs are much alike each other, but they have a very significant, "reverb-y", sound. I think Drama Queen's new sound is heavily inspired by them. Try to listen to a song like "Our Deal", and you will get my point. I only make this assumption because of Billie's comment on them, and it seems to be different from any previous Green Day sound.

absolutly!!! I think you're right!

X-Kid reminds me of Nimrod for some reason

Yeah the tone of the guitar at the start sounds like the same tone used in 'All The Time'

Great videos! They give a wonderful insight of their californian lifestyle and how laid back they are but still super passionate about their music. And what a pleasant surprise to Jason's voice!

Fuck, I'm excited for Dos, Tre and Quatro to come out. I fcking love this band

These are so interesting and really nicely filmed too. And so nice to hear Jason's contributions! I can't wait to see the whole documentary. And X-Kid sounds wonderful. Simple and beautiful. What a treat!

I don't know what the song int he trailer is and I don't want to know, but it sounded SO 90s Green Day to me!! I love it!!

Edit: Reads post above. Song title = known. SHIT! How was I so dumb to read!?

Stupid question , it's from !quatro! ?

More than likely, the footage in these 2 new videos (as well as the 15 studio updates from earlier this year) will be included in the DVD.

I can't wait until it comes out!! It's gonna be so good!

did they ever officially announce when this is coming out?

"when it's fucking ready" :happy:

"when it's fucking ready" :happy:

ah as i thought, what pains in the ass :P . i could have sworn i read somewhere that they had finally put a time estimate but i cant remember where. maybe it was a dream.

I love how this footage looks, I love what Billie said about it looking almost like a surf documentary. Can't wait to see more :)

X-kid is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The song I'm most looking foward to on Tre is 8th Ave Serenade.

More than likely, the footage in these 2 new videos (as well as the 15 studio updates from earlier this year) will be included in the DVD.

I can't wait until it comes out!! It's gonna be so good!

Yeah it's gonna be so good !

ah as i thought, what pains in the ass :P . i could have sworn i read somewhere that they had finally put a time estimate but i cant remember where. maybe it was a dream.

Here's the latest info: Everyone who preordered the box set from GD's official site got an email last week updating us about Tré. It also said that the DVD will not be ready until next year, but they'll email us again as soon as they know when we will get it. So no one knows yet, but hopefully we'll find out soon.

Here's the latest info: Everyone who preordered the box set from GD's official site got an email last week updating us about Tré. It also said that the DVD will not be ready until next year, but they'll email us again as soon as they know when we will get it. So no one knows yet, but hopefully we'll find out soon.

i sent them an email asking when we'll get the DVD and they said we'll get it on the original release date of Tre, so it would be January 15

i have a big feeling that tre will become a huge album over the course of 2013. when billie is healthy again and GD is back in action i feel like all the dominos are going to fall after tre is released. uno and dos seem to just be a nice warmup. tre will be the real masterpiece. just my gut

i sent them an email asking when we'll get the DVD and they said we'll get it on the original release date of Tre, so it would be January 15

Really?? That would be great! So we still have something to look forward to on January 15th :runaround:

i have a big feeling that tre will become a huge album over the course of 2013. when billie is healthy again and GD is back in action i feel like all the dominos are going to fall after tre is released. uno and dos seem to just be a nice warmup. tre will be the real masterpiece. just my gut

Ooh, I SO hope you're right!!

Couldn't stop smiling the first time I heard X-Kid. It was very unexpected as well. Those harmonies are gorgeous.

The documentary looks awesome. Do we know if it's going to be available to buy individually?

Archived