Uno Dos Tré behind the scenes

Homero

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I heard X-Kid, even before I knew which song it was, I got some serious chills. That's how good the melody sounds to me. And before someone pointed out the faint song at the beginning was drama queen, I was going "Man, that song sounds really good, wonder who it's by?"

These albums just keep on getting better and better!

I hear "the shouting's over" rather than "shining"...

Yeah, me too - like a turnaround of 'it's all over but the shouting.' This song is so fucking good - feels new.

I'm not gonna watch/listen to it to much, but i'm loving X-Kid it just seems so up lifting and well awesome! I've listened to it 3 times and that's it now for a while i don't wanna ruin it!

If you just keep the volume low and mute it at 55 seconds in youll be fine thats what I did. And part 2 is just music not a full song

One word....FUCK!! Seriously x kid sounded awesome. And the behind the scenes stuff got me real excited for the dvd all over again. Tre sounds like its shaping up to be my fav.

Yeah, me too - like a turnaround of 'it's all over but the shouting.' This song is so fucking good - feels new.

You're completely right in that it feels new. That's a great description for it - a new direction for the band. And it sounds AMAZING.

Ugh I can't decide weather to listen to it or not. First world music problems.

So happy to see videos like these being promoted with all the stuff that's gone down recently, I was a bit teary :blush: . Loving X-Kid <3

Ugh I can't decide weather to listen to it or not. First world music problems.

GdkSv.gif

LISTEN TO IT! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LISTEN TO IT!

And I feel really sad when Mike is talking about the trilogy, and how they're so proud of it, yet so far it's a flop.

Why do you think that? UNO sold well, reviews were mainly positive and it's a real great album. And they had some big promo stunts like CSI and twilight, so DOS and TRÉ will either sell not that badly.

I LOOOOOVVVVVVEE X-Kid. And I feel really sad when Mike is talking about the trilogy, and how they're so proud of it, yet so far it's a flop. Both of the songs in both of the videos are beyond my expectations for Tre. I am super happy right now. Glad to see (a little) promotion here.

I think they'll promote it more when all three are out because it has so much different greenday, the pop punk, punk, rap? I guess, kill the dj, ballads, a JOS epic long song, garage rock, etc. plus people could say oh cool ill buy it instead of oh cool and forgetting, so I wouldn't go as far to say its a flop yet, it just needs to get out there, hell my dad likes &iexcl;UNO! but not dos where I like dos more, it like I said covers so much it needs to be ALL together.

Couldn't help but watch.... I like X-Kid, but the chorus sounds like it could be the theme song for friends. Idk just a little dissappointed that it sounds that way. But the feel of the song is definitely different and amazing! Verse and intro especially. And wow Drama Queen, really awesome, couldn't have done better with recording it.

Wow, I'm so glad I watched this. These new song previews we've been getting are reminding me of why I fell in love with Green Day in the first place. A bit mushy, yes, but true. I love what they've done with Drama Queen (from what I can hear). It's not just a nice little ditty anymore, it's a really beautiful song. And X-Kid is just amazing in a way I can't describe. From all the songs we've heard so far, I'm pretty convinced Tre will be my favorite album.

Wow, I didn't realize until watching these that I've literally never heard Jason talk before. lol

Notice how I didn't say "entire trilogy".

True, you did say, "so far." But you also said, "flop." Why do you think it's been a flop? Uno has sold just under 600,000 copies so far, which is pretty respectable. It's been generally well-received by critics and loved by most fans too.

If anything, the trilogy has fallen victim to an erratic, makeshift marketing campaign. Despite that, I'd say it's done pretty well so far.

Just when I was thinking ¡Dos! would be the best of the three, they go ahead and release The Forgotten and now these previews of Drama Queen (I saw it performed live for the very first time so I'm glad it's being released) and X-Kid. I must now change my opinion: ¡Tré! will be the crown jewel of this trilogy.

True, you did say, "so far." But you also said, "flop." Why do you think it's been a flop? Uno has sold just under 600,000 copies so far, which is pretty respectable. It's been generally well-received by critics and loved by most fans too.

If anything, the trilogy has fallen victim to an erratic, makeshift marketing campaign. Despite that, I'd say it's done pretty well so far.

Uno is almost 26 in Rolling Sone's album charts this week. Just got the magazine today. No hit singles, marketing was good for UNO, but promotion is completely absent for DOS and TRE. Without promotion, I'll be surprised if Dos does better than Uno.

Archived