Stray Heart removed from iTunes and Amazon

tomdsjames

Logic flaw: it is possible to make your own damn coffee at home. :lol:

Yes but people prefer Starbucks for a reason haha

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think the label is honestly not sure what to do. if the promotion is pressed hard, theyre viewed as being counter productive to billie's treatment. if they back away from the project, theyre viewed as abandoning the band that has generated so much for the label. so instead, they seem to be doing the next worse thing, which is seeming apathetic about the release and letting things happen quietly. then there is also having to be sensitive to the bands' wishes while trying to maintain some sense of profit and forward progression.

once the band gets back in motion, i could easily see some type of 'compensation release'...like Tre's release date being pushed up, some type of new content could hit the streets. i have a feeling there will be something big to celebrate/announce the return to the spotlight.

I honestly don't think they're being apathetic, I think they're just misguided. It seems like they're all over the place and there's no sense of any type of cohesion to their strategy. It doesn't feel like "alright, let's promote them in these ways, aim the albums toward these people and encourage interest." Instead it's more like "alright, let's put Green Day in iPhone games, movies, commercials, apps, trailer videos, segemented single releases, teasers, giveaways, product partnerships and something has to work!"

I have no problem in downloading GD singles illegally. After all, I'm going to buy all the albums, and maybe up to 3 tickets for the upcoming tour, so just this era I'll be investing around £200, not to mention any extras for merch. And that's just this era, so no, I don't feel particularly bad.

I don't see a problem in downloading an artists music if you then get into it and decide to go see them live and maybe buy future albums.

Double A-Side like MCR have just released? Stray Heart on one side and The Forgotten on the other? ;)

Who am I kidding, they'd never be that good to us :P

Reprise must like having terrible advertising. Not one mention of the MCR stuff have I seen as a causal fan

To me they're bypassing Dos! completely, since Tré! is being released in a month. The Forgotten is the first official single in the US, they have not even sent Stray Heart to radios.

My idea is that they prefer concentrating on one of the two records, and they chose Tré! which might have more appeal for the masses.

To me they're bypassing Dos! completely, since Tré! is being released in a month. The Forgotten is the first official single in the US, they have not even sent Stray Heart to radios.

My idea is that they prefer concentrating on one of the two records, and they chose Tré! which might have more appeal for the masses.

But The Forgotten is a Twilight single not a Tre single...

Logic flaw: it is possible to make your own damn coffee at home. :lol:

Logic flaw: It's possible to make your own music at home too. It's just not as good.

In the Dutch iTunes store Tre dissapeared entirely. It only displays uno and dos at the moment. No pre-order possibility for Tre though

Maybe because the releasedate changed, and iTunes removed it to replace it with the correct one.

Edit:

there's a new Trè with the correct releasedate already!

What do you think, will it be a proper CD release? I would like a b-side with something like Cigarettes & Valentines.

What do you think, will it be a proper CD release? I would like a b-side with something like Cigarettes & Valentines.

That would be awesome! A studio version of C&V!

I think that this whole C&V stuff (shelved album etc.) came to an end with Awesome as Fuck. If they wanted to release a studio version, they would've done it before putting the song on a live album.

Glad I bought the box set and got all those digital downloads with it. I wouldn't have gotten Stray Heart otherwise until it came out on the new albums. It's always such a nice little surprise in my email when I get a new single because I ordered the box set. It makes my day when that happens :D

I think that this whole C&V stuff (shelved album etc.) came to an end with Awesome as Fuck. If they wanted to release a studio version, they would've done it before putting the song on a live album.

Good point. Except with the release of Walk Away, a C&V song, they kinda brought possibilities back.

Well, it's really weird to re-release a single. Let's hope it will be the chance to listen to B-Sides!!

Cigarettes & Valentines would be really cool, or maybe songs like Dreamcatcher or Olivia??? Why not???

By the way:

I remembered that DOS will have a bonus track in its Japanese release, according to this link from Amazon Japan. Does anyone here it's from that country??? Who could give us the name of that bonus track???

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%89%E3%82%B9-%E3%82%B0%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%B3%E3%83%BB%E3%83%87%E3%82%A4/dp/B00943YCF8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351973716&sr=8-2

Adios amigos!!

Good point. Except with the release of Walk Away, a C&V song, they kinda brought possibilities back.

I think other C&V songs are possible, just not the title track. With "Drama Queen" we also get a shelved album track (originally to be on 21stCB).

And I really hope we get "Dreamcatcher" one day.

By the way:

I remembered that DOS will have a bonus track in its Japanese release, according to this link from Amazon Japan. Does anyone here it's from that country??? Who could give us the name of that bonus track???

http://www.amazon.co...51973716&sr=8-2

It's a live version of "Coming Clean".

I think other C&V songs are possible, just not the title track. With "Drama Queen" we also get a shelved album track (originally to be on 21stCB).

And I really hope we get "Dreamcatcher" one day.

Wonderful is what I want. It's not too old, so it's not out of the question

Archived