Stray Heart removed from iTunes and Amazon

tomdsjames

The logic flaw for that picture above is that music is so readily available without paying $1. A $5 Starbucks is not. That's the difference.

Sorry, but I have no problem not paying for GD songs. Yeah, I bought the box set because of the cool extra features, but they are already so well off I see no reason to give them more of my money when I can avoid it. A difference that I will notice in my bank account, they will not in their profit.

Other smaller bands I have no problem supporting even though I also realize that a large percentage is not even going to them.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The logic flaw for that picture above is that music is so readily available without paying $1. A $5 Starbucks is not. That's the difference.

Sorry, but I have no problem not paying for GD songs. Yeah, I bought the box set because of the cool extra features, but they are already so well off I see no reason to give them more of my money when I can avoid it. A difference that I will notice in my bank account, they will not in their profit.

Other smaller bands I have no problem supporting even though I also realize that a large percentage is not even going to them.

Legally it's not available for free...

In the Dutch iTunes store Tre dissapeared entirely. It only displays uno and dos at the moment. No pre-order possibility for Tre though

But if everyone thought like that about 'big' bands, the band would stop making as much on their albums. Meaning in the future they may not be able to have so much money spent on the recording of their record...

I don't buy Green Day's music legally because I care about them making money, I buy it because I care about their songs being successful. And I care about "success" insofar as I feel passionately that this music is fantastic, can change lives, and therefore deserves to be discovered by the masses, not because I want them to be mainstream.

Smaller bands, yes, the purchasing is to help put some money in their pockets.

I actually don't download any music at all (except from live versions and bootlegs) I don't like paying for digital stuff and I hate illegal downloads. I buy everything that I can get on CD. If I wanna listen to singles before the album is out, I use Youtube.

Hmm... well as far as I know, the US never got it to begin with (good for the other countries who bought it before it was taken off, though!), so it doesn't affect me. I'll just be happy if it gets some promotion this time around!!!

And same - I've never downloaded any music for free other than a live version that wasn't available elsewhere. Never have, never will. Musicians work just like the rest of us, and I want them to see their music be successful. Doesn't matter if it's a popular band or an up and coming band, everyone deserves to be rewarded for the work they put into something, be it money or success or reaching new milestones.

I really hope this has something to do with a re-release with B-Sides or the music video.

otherwise it'd be just really weird.. apparently iTunes isn't really in love with the trilogy since ¡Uno! wasn't on the spotlight-page when it came out either.

I really hope the iTunes store does better with ¡Dos! because it makes such a big difference on the numbers of sold copies [if you could even call it a copy when you're just simply downloading it…whateves.]

There's been some weird decisions with the release of the singles, and this is another one. I hope it is for a positive reason like a video or B side.

In case anyone from Warner Bros is reading here's an idea - try releasing a single in every country at the same time and tell people about it!

Yeah, like a lot of you, I always pay for my music. If it can be bought on a CD, on iTunes, on Amazon, wherever, I always buy it legally.

I do download some songs illegally - but just random live songs and leaked demos and things. Only the things that can't be bought anywhere because they weren't officially released. I just need to have the music! But the day any of them are available for purchase, I replace it with a legally bought copy. It doesn't feel right otherwise - it's theft, and they worked so hard on it.

I don't pay for the music if the band is not around anymore. But if they are.. I pay.. sometimes twice.

they can't take back my digital download they emailed me :P

That is weird though

I don't pay for the music if the band is not around anymore. But if they are.. I pay.. sometimes twice.

Haha, I often end up buying an album 2 or 3 times now just to get all the exclusive bonus tracks! Like from iTunes or Best Buy or Target or wherever. I'm going broke just so I can get random songs here and there! :lol:

Why not if the band not around?

Double A-Side like MCR have just released? Stray Heart on one side and The Forgotten on the other? ;)

Who am I kidding, they'd never be that good to us :P

NO. B SIDES ONLY

Why not if the band not around?

I just don't see the reason why to and with some of the bands I'm thinking of the records are hard to find.

Haha, I often end up buying an album 2 or 3 times now just to get all the exclusive bonus tracks! Like from iTunes or Best Buy or Target or wherever. I'm going broke just so I can get random songs here and there! :lol:

haha, same reason here :D

Sad for all the six or so humans on Earth who actually still pay for music. :P

Or pay for it twice. I would never buy a single on iTunes when I know I'm buying the album! :lol:

Strange, but I've stopped trying to make sense of this era.

Let's all hope for a B-side, but who knows with the way the promotions for these albums is going.

I always pay for my music for the exact reason that No Rhyme or Reason specified in her post. By the time I buy vinyl, CDs and occasionally digital releases of an album, I spend a ridiculous amount of money on music. But, knowing where the money goes helps to rationalize it. Granted, I'm also that dumbass that will pay $5.00 for a cup of coffee. I love my Starbucks. :happy:

Yeah, like a lot of you, I always pay for my music. If it can be bought on a CD, on iTunes, on Amazon, wherever, I always buy it legally.

I do download some songs illegally - but just random live songs and leaked demos and things. Only the things that can't be bought anywhere because they weren't officially released. I just need to have the music! But the day any of them are available for purchase, I replace it with a legally bought copy. It doesn't feel right otherwise - it's theft, and they worked so hard on it.

But it's not illegal if they're not nor were they ever available to purchase

Paying for mp3 songs? No thanks. I don't buy Cds cause is to fucking expensive here and the manufacture quality is terrible. I'd buy vinyl, but there's no way to playing.

I don't let that money put me away from my band. Never.

But it's not illegal if they're not nor were they ever available to purchase

Downloading songs there was never released/available to purchase in any shape or form is illegal but it's something most bands/labels don't go after

Downloading songs there was never released/available to purchase in any shape or form is illegal but it's something most bands/labels don't go after

Oh Fuck. ._.

You can listen to a song on Spotify, Rdio, Pandora, MOG, and other online streaming sites for free. Well they make money off advertisements, but it's still at no direct cost to you. Just because you don't want to pay iTunes 99 cents doesn't mean you got it illegally.

Archived