Stray Heart removed from iTunes and Amazon

tomdsjames

Stray Heart has vanished from iTunes and now has release date 11th November on Amazon.

Some kind of sneaky promotion going on maybe due to the fact the band aren't around to promote the album, will we get a re-release with a video and/or B-side?

Is it just a coincidence that it's vanished from iTunes and Amazon at the same time...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing this has something to do with the music video? I'm sure that should be released at pretty much any point now before the release of the album?

They might re-release it when the music video comes out to try and get more sales...

Sad for all the six or so humans on Earth who actually still pay for music. :P

And the rest, like you, are the scum of the Earth.

Support artists, you fuck.

Don't be a douche, you're supposed to be a mod show some class. You could of got your point across without being such a prick about it. It's not like he said "fuck those rich bastards" or something he merely stated (truthfully) that not a lot of people actually go to the effort of paying for music. In this age of pandora, youtube and spotify a statement like "support artists, you fuck." is rather blind. Frankly not to be against the band, but I've given em enough of my money over the years, I'm sure they're living amazing fucking lives, so who the hell do I need to be supporting? The fuckin label?

I might of gone a bit off the deep end there, but realistically, that point of view (at least with a band that's had the career GD's had) is rather blind.

edit: aww shit lol it was another mod you were shit talking in public? That'd be grounds for demotion in my book.

Wait, it was never available in the USA at all, right?

Just so I didn't miss anything. I received it from my box set download anyway, but didn't think it was actually released here. (Also pretty fucked up).

Seriously, whatever this is, it's a prime example of directionless marketing. Even if they re-release it with a bang in 10 days, I'll still judge the people responsible for being so wildly unprofessional, whoever they are :P

Maybe they're planning on actually promoting the single this time? I mean, from what I remember it was played once on the radio the night it premiered, and that was it. Maybe if they release it along with the video it'll help, but being listed for release two days before the album drops seems stupid to me. Why buy the one song when you can get the whole dealio two days later?

Calling someone the "scum of the Earth" and a "fuck", because they made a comment you don't like or agree with, is exactly the type of thing that can so easily be said over the internet, but never in real life conversations.

Stray Heart is still on the Irish itunes. I could buy it right now if I wanted, but I already bought it when it first came out :D

Calling someone the "scum of the Earth" and a "fuck", because they made a comment you don't like or agree with, is exactly the type of thing that can so easily be said over the internet, but never in real life conversations.

C'mon, it was a mod talking to a mod. It wasn't a serious comment. Chill out.

Double A-Side like MCR have just released? Stray Heart on one side and The Forgotten on the other? ;)

Who am I kidding, they'd never be that good to us :P

You just made me laugh so bad. xD But I totally agree with you, everyone should support artists they like, in my opinion.

I'm really surprised by the way the trilogy has been handled, "promotion-wise" so far. There was so much promotion put into Uno and now Dos i about to come out very soon and I have seen no promotions on the internet at all. Can someone please explain to me what is going on?

I saw this picture a couple hours ago, and it seems relevant -

599211_537852886228467_1704726718_n.jpg

And just for people who aren't aware of how payment for music works (ie, the majority of the general population) - Not all of the money made from each album or single purchase (or any other means of earning money, such as merchandise or concert tickets) actually goes to the artist. In fact, the majority of it does NOT reach the artist - it first has to pay for the label, promotion, producers, distribution, writers (if the performer isn't the songwriter), and a number of other factors that go into making and releasing an album. Only AFTER everything else has been paid for does the artist actually see any money, and even then, it's still only a small percentage of all the profits actually being made on the album/single sales. Any advances that the label provides (you know, the thousands, sometimes millions of dollars they pay up front for the recording studio, promotion, etc.) must be recouped (paid back) before the artist gets their own paycheck. And if their album doesn't sell well enough, and if the advanced money still hasn't been paid back, the artist gets nothing, and may have to continue to pay off that advance with future album profits. The money we pay for an album goes to a lot of people before making it to the artist.

Most artists are not as rich is people would think, because they do not make nearly as much as people assume they do. They're making cents of album sales. It takes a lot to really add up. Obviously, Green Day is a massive band and are indeed rather wealthy. But not all bands and singers are as well-off as people think.

Just so people know. :thumbsup:

I saw this picture a couple hours ago, and it seems relevant -

And just for people who aren't aware of how payment for music works (ie, the majority of the general population) - Not all of the money made from each album or single purchase (or any other means of earning money, such as merchandise or concert tickets) actually goes to the artist. In fact, the majority of it does NOT reach the artist - it first has to pay for the label, promotion, producers, distribution, writers (if the performer isn't the songwriter), and a number of other factors that go into making and releasing an album. Only AFTER everything else has been paid for does the artist actually see any money, and even then, it's still only a small percentage of all the profits actually being made on the album/single sales. Any advances that the label provides (you know, the thousands, sometimes millions of dollars they pay up front for the recording studio, promotion, etc.) must be recouped (paid back) before the artist gets their own paycheck. And if their album doesn't sell well enough, and if the advanced money still hasn't been paid back, the artist gets nothing, and may have to continue to pay off that advance with future album profits. The money we pay for an album goes to a lot of people before making it to the artist.

Most artists are not as rich is people would think, because they do not make nearly as much as people assume they do. They're making cents of album sales. It takes a lot to really add up. Obviously, Green Day is a massive band and are indeed rather wealthy. But not all bands and singers are as well-off as people think.

Just so people know. :thumbsup:

Best post this year ::claps::

Archived