!Dos Reviews

Alfie

To WrongWayToSalvation:

Well I think you put like 14 of the 37 songs into one album right? I mean I guess I don't really know if you think the other are shit, but you sure don't think they should have been released at least on a studio album. Not sure I am arguing with you over what you think...

:confused:

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To WrongWayToSalvation:

Well I think you put like 14 of the 37 songs into one album right? I mean I guess I don't really know if you think the other are shit, but you sure don't think they should have been released at least on a studio album. Not sure I am arguing with you over what you think...

:confused:

Because some people complained that 21st CB was too long and drawn out, so I went with around the same amount of tracks as AI and Dookie.

I'm a masochist :P I don't know, I just sometimes get the urge to say whatever comes to my mind. If you don't agree with me then fine, I'm not gonna take it personally. A lot of people on here take things far too personal and blow it out of proportions. You never see me jumping down someones throat, I'm usually the one getting jumped.

Yeah, there is a reason that despite not really agreeing with you on a lot of things, most of the time I enjoy reading what you have to say about stuff.

some people get mad as fuuuuck jesus christ man ahaha

Yeah, there is a reason that despite not really agreeing with you on a lot of things, most of the time I enjoy reading what you have to say about stuff.

some people get mad as fuuuuck jesus christ man ahaha

And people here reaaaallly dislike smartass comments :P but hey that's me.

I'm a smartass playing smarter then he probably really is.

I wish reviewers could just take Fuck Time for what it was, but I guess I just have a biased idea on the song because I know it isn't serious. I guess to outside sources hearing a bunch of 40 year olds graphically sing about fucking over a surf/rockabilly type beat is weird.

Just a shame that the whole album seems to be getting the shaft just because of that one song (and Nightlife too I suppose) but all well. Guess that's just how the cookie crumbles.

Does anyone think that Lazy Bones is like the new Longview for the next generation. I mean not that it is as good as Longview but what I like most about this album is that it is giving a new life to the band almost. Fuck Time and See you tonight are like the new Kerplunk! standards for the trilogy and I know they aren't really talking about anything different but it is a new mix of sounds. Mainly of Kerplunk!, Stop Drop and Roll !!!, Warning, Nimrod and a little bit of Money Money 2020. Uno was just the, here we are, old green day is back, and then Dos is setting the path for the new future of green day. Idk, maybe this isn't new to anyone but it's just I was a little worried after 21CB that they might run out of good ideas.

overall i love dos, Ashley would have to be my favorite so far, not convinced on Wild One yet though

Top three would be Ashley, Lazy Bones and Wow! That's Loud

This could have been Green Day's ultimate album and it would have been called Green Day:

1) Nuclear Family

2) Stay The Night

3) Let Yourself Go

4) Brutal Love

5) Lady Cobra

6) Stray Heart

7) Wow! That's Loud

8) Amanda

9) X-Kid

10) Drama Queen

11) 8th Avenue Serenade

12) Dirty Rotten Bastards

13) 99 Revolutions

14) The Forgotten

That would have been an amazing album. Sure you could create it in a playlist, but I'm talking about if this was a single album.

I am going to take all the best tracks and make that album complete with its own unique artwork and everything, and pretend the trilogy never happened. Actually now I am kind of glad the trilogy happened because its been fun trying to decide which tracks would make the cut and I am designing all my own art work and themes for the album.

1 nuclear family

2 kill the dj

3 troublemaker

4 oh love

5 stop when the red lights flash

6 lazy bones

7 wild one

8 stray heart

9 Wow! That's loud!

I would keep these nine tracks from UNO and dos. The other fan favorites could become b sides for singles or something Or even as wwts said a free download.

People consider the White Album one of the best albums of all time. Hell, right now I would say it's been my favourite Beatles album for the last year. And that has a lot of filler on it.

I love the Beatles but there's so much revisionism that goes on with them. They wrote shite songs and stuck them on albums. Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is full of them! That's supposedly "the greatest album of all time". Would the best record ever contain Getting Better, When I'm Sixty-Four, Lovely Rita or Good Morning, Good Morning? Fuck no. It seems that no one is afforded the same leeway critics give the Beatles when it comes to filler these days. Least of all Green Day, one of the more reviled bands by people who listen to music based on how cool it is. That they first got into decent music by listening to Green Day during their teens tends to elude these sorts.

In terms of Green Day's career, I view this trilogy as their White Album. Take away all the inter-band relations that surrounded the White Album, it's just idea after idea. Now obviously Green Day aren't as good or creative as The Beatles, so their "list of ideas" will be less diverse than The Beatles' were. Albums that big (if we count the trilogy as the one) do not get released without someone being lax on quality control. Sandinista has fucking children singing on it. I don't think anyone in history has actually listened to that straight through.

Records can still be good and have a bad song or two on them. Sometimes it's down to self indulgence on the part of the band, sometimes it's just an idea that didn't work, but the rest of the work is good so it doesn't take that away. The White Album still has more great songs on it than any other album does despite Revolution 9, Wild Honey Pie etc.

For what it's worth, I love Fuck Time and have been looking forward to hearing it ever since they first played it as Foxboro Hot Tubs. It's throwaway and over the top but it's fun. Nightlife would be great but the rap ruins it for me. The only song they've released so far, that I would say is objectively bad, is The Forgotten, because the lyrics are so meaningless that I'm expecting Chester Bennington to be on the writing credit when it gets released.

Stop making list until you hear TRE fully. You heard like 3-4 songs from it and already making one-album list. Squeeze your pants, folks

People consider the White Album one of the best albums of all time. Hell, right now I would say it's been my favourite Beatles album for the last year. And that has a lot of filler on it.

I love the Beatles but there's so much revisionism that goes on with them. They wrote shite songs and stuck them on albums. Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is full of them! That's supposedly "the greatest album of all time". Would the best record ever contain Getting Better, When I'm Sixty-Four, Lovely Rita or Good Morning, Good Morning? Fuck no. It seems that no one is afforded the same leeway critics give the Beatles when it comes to filler these days. Least of all Green Day, one of the more reviled bands by people who listen to music based on how cool it is. That they first got into decent music by listening to Green Day during their teens tends to elude these sorts.

In terms of Green Day's career, I view this trilogy as their White Album. Take away all the inter-band relations that surrounded the White Album, it's just idea after idea. Now obviously Green Day aren't as good or creative as The Beatles, so their "list of ideas" will be less diverse than The Beatles' were. Albums that big (if we count the trilogy as the one) do not get released without someone being lax on quality control. Sandinista has fucking children singing on it. I don't think anyone in history has actually listened to that straight through.

Records can still be good and have a bad song or two on them. Sometimes it's down to self indulgence on the part of the band, sometimes it's just an idea that didn't work, but the rest of the work is good so it doesn't take that away. The White Album still has more great songs on it than any other album does despite Revolution 9, Wild Honey Pie etc.

For what it's worth, I love Fuck Time and have been looking forward to hearing it ever since they first played it as Foxboro Hot Tubs. It's throwaway and over the top but it's fun. Nightlife would be great but the rap ruins it for me. The only song they've released so far, that I would say is objectively bad, is The Forgotten, because the lyrics are so meaningless that I'm expecting Chester Bennington to be on the writing credit when it gets released.

Yeah, Chester Bennington and Mike Shodian (or however the hell you spell his last name) are pretty bad at lyrics. They try too hard to write deep lyrics, they don't let it flow naturally as it should. Its like an overly dramatic teenager is writing them. I like The Forgotten musically, but the lyrics are cringeworthy to be honest.

I'd say that Green Day writes songs as good as if not not better than the Beatles. But anyways, I would agree with the White Album comparison

I think people are expecting the trilogy to be something better and more legendary than AI or 21 CB...after 2 massive albums they did, what's wrong with releasing 37 straight up catchy songs? Its a great treat for the fans, and shows that Green Day can make something out of nothing. Some people are saying they just wrote many of them to fill the album, no offense to Insomniac but I could see many of those tracks as filler too, (Tight Wad Hill, Brat, Westbound Sign). But I don't care because hey, I like them, they don't have to have a lot of thought process in them. As for Fuck Time, as I read on a previous page, people arent taking the song for what it is. I like it because again it is so damn catchy, and fun too. Now to see what they'll do after the trilogy will be interesting. But sure, the trilogy isn't their best work, but hey, its a good change, its a sound we never heard from them before, a modern day stripped down version of Green Day, which is fine by me. Even Kill The DJ, great song, it's different but thats ok. Have we heard anything like that ever since their inception? I don't recall...and for their first try at something like that its fucking awesome. Have to say though, that Lazy Bones riff is so similar to Give Me Novocaine how could anyone miss that :lol:

This could have been Green Day's ultimate album and it would have been called Green Day:

1) Nuclear Family

2) Stay The Night

3) Let Yourself Go

4) Brutal Love

5) Lady Cobra

6) Stray Heart

7) Wow! That's Loud

8) Amanda

9) X-Kid

10) Drama Queen

11) 8th Avenue Serenade

12) Dirty Rotten Bastards

13) 99 Revolutions

14) The Forgotten

That would have been an amazing album. Sure you could create it in a playlist, but I'm talking about if this was a single album.

nah, it should be about 19 songs, at least.

Then they need to better learn to judge their own music's quality, rather then thinking "Hey guys I wrote a song!" "Great! Let's put it on the album without really thinking about whether its album worthy or not, it at least fills the tracklist!"

They said they're their own harshest critics, yeah I call BS on that. I've read a lot harsher stuff. It's almost like when they decided to do the trilogy they threw whatever songs that they had or could quickly come up with to have 3 albums worth of material. You people need to realize that quality is always more important than quanity, but a lot of you would accept anything Green Day throws out, or overrate it since it came from Green Day. If you don't believe me then read some of the fan reviews. 10s and 9s galore. That doesn't seem very honest to me.

Uno is Green Day's lowest ranked album, and if the early critic reviews are anything to go by Dos will fare even worse. 2 okay albums and one possible great album.

Those could have been one amazing and mindblowing album. It could have been Green Day's best work, something that will be remembered. It would have been much MUCH smarter, because Warner obviously isn't as prepared for this trilogy as they originally thought they were. Plus it would have been cheaper.

There is no science to creativity. You say condensed into one album this could be Green Day’s greatest ever. Who gets to choose which songs? Everyone would have a different list. I might just put Nightlife on mine.

Even if I didn’t put Fuck Time on my list, who’s to say it shouldn’t be in the world, on vinyl (or cd or digital), in its rightful place in the album that the artists who create it say it belongs on? You know what - it makes me smile. It’s not clever or highbrow or world changing, the moronic words to an old rockabilly beat (that hark back to a time where the word ‘fuck’ was barely whispered)are incongruous and for that it makes me laugh.

And who’s to say that bringing a smile to someone’s face makes it a lesser value song then a musically superior tune?

If Warning was such a critical low point in their career and is only now being appreciated for the potential masterpiece that it was, who’s to say that the ‘throwaway’ songs from these three albums won’t find their five minutes of fame or appreciation in the future. I for one am grateful that they exist – even if, (and maybe especially because) they go against current popular opinion.

Also, WrongWay - i just had a look and apparently you're not telling whether you're a boy or a girl. But I think I'm safe in saying that a great number of fangirls would have a different response to Fuck Time than the average straight male, and even for that it's earned its spot in album status (I may be playing it as i'm writing this, just for research reasons).

And I can't speak for experience HERE but the average straight male might just have a similar response to Lady Cobra's voice - i think she sounds pretty sexy!

why is everyone getting so worked up about a couple of bad reviews? if reviews actually ment anything thing, they would all b very simiallar but there not, its just an opinion thing, didnt kerrang give this 4 stars?

hey, boys and girls, forget about the reviews and enjoy these albums yourself! It's only other people opinions which doesn't matter, listen to the music yourself and have your own opinion on it

The Forgotten bad song...? :dry: I know it's your opinion but I don't think that the lyrics are meaningless.The music is very beautiful and the lyrics contribute to the feeling that this song leaves.

Don't forget that the song is called "The Forgotten".Billie Joe has never written meaningless lyrics and always writes what he feels.Don't compare him with Chester Bennington.The evil has limits man!! :P

Anyway I love "The Forgotten". :)

There is no science to creativity. You say condensed into one album this could be Green Day’s greatest ever. Who gets to choose which songs? Everyone would have a different list. I might just put Nightlife on mine.

Even if I didn’t put Fuck Time on my list, who’s to say it shouldn’t be in the world, on vinyl (or cd or digital), in its rightful place in the album that the artists who create it say it belongs on? You know what - it makes me smile. It’s not clever or highbrow or world changing, the moronic words to an old rockabilly beat (that hark back to a time where the word ‘fuck’ was barely whispered)are incongruous and for that it makes me laugh.

And who’s to say that bringing a smile to someone’s face makes it a lesser value song then a musically superior tune?

If Warning was such a critical low point in their career and is only now being appreciated for the potential masterpiece that it was, who’s to say that the ‘throwaway’ songs from these three albums won’t find their five minutes of fame or appreciation in the future. I for one am grateful that they exist – even if, (and maybe especially because) they go against current popular opinion.

I said they could have made one album from these songs, and relased the rest as a free digital download. That way all songs would be released, but there will be one album. Possibly an 17-18 track album. Uno and Dos aren't different enough from 3 each other to justify this trilogy. You could scramble up most of the songs from both before they were released and no one would have been the wiser. Green Day just aren't an experimental enough band to keep 3 albums sounding unique and varied. They've always stuck to their bread and butter on every album. Power chords. On the vast majority of the their songs. On a few occasions they may do something different, but they've never done an album that makes you think "Wow that's Green Day?". They might have done a few songs that make you think that, but not albums.

I said they could have made one album from these songs, and relased the rest as a free digital download. That way all songs would be released, but there will be one album. Possibly an 17-18 track album. Uno and Dos aren't different enough from 3 each other to justify this trilogy. You could scramble up most of the songs from both before they were released and no one would have been the wiser. Green Day just aren't an experimental enough band to keep 3 albums sounding unique and varied. They've always stuck to their bread and butter on every album. Power chords. On the vast majority of the their songs. On a few occasions they may do something different, but they've never done an album that makes you think "Wow that's Green Day?". They might have done a few songs that make you think that, but not albums.

I really don't think that they could have combined these songs onto one album...granted, I am not going to say that the songs from Uno and Dos are completely different. I mean Green Day sounds like Green Day no matter what kind of song they end up playing :P But I think Uno is straight up "classic" Green Day. Sounds like stuff they did back in 39/smooth and Dookie and whatnot. And that Dos sounds more like the Foxboro Hotubs. And I can't speak for the sound of Tre, but I think they had a genuine idea that the albums were suppose to sound pretty different and distinct from the others. And this isn't Green Day's first ride around the block. I think that they would have released one big old album if they thought that was right, but obviously they must have seen that certain songs just belonged together. Granted, I see how maybe having one album would have been nice, but if Green Day thought that there should be three...I'll trust their judgement with that call. And hey, we get more songs! And surprisingly, I don't think that any of the songs lack "quality." There are some that aren't my absolute favorite, but I don't think any of them sound sloppy, or just put on the record for filler xD

Yeah it's just with a triple album you don't expect things to bled together so much. I'm not sure if green day released the trilogy because they honesty thought they had three albums of great material or because they thought they need to push the boundaries even farther after 21st century breakdown

Many younger GD fans like Fuck Time because it's dirty and makes them feel rebellious. Just like why everyone likes Crap-182.

I think it´s more about energy. I like it and obviously cannot be counted among "younger GD fans".

Archived