!Dos Reviews

Alfie

I thought Dos would be better received than Uno, but I guess it might not be. Fuck Time and Nightlife are really bringing this record down.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bought Kerrang with the Dos review, not read it yet but they gave it 4/5. I also read the NME review in the shop, they gave it 6/10.

I'll scan Kerrang later (they also have a full page Dos avert on the back cover)

Just bought Kerrang with the Dos review, not read it yet but they gave it 4/5. I also read the NME review in the shop, they gave it 6/10.

I'll scan Kerrang later (they also have a full page Dos avert on the back cover)

Lol the exact same as iUno!, guess Fuck Time and Nightlife really IS bringing this album down critically.

Fuck time is specially holding this album back from being something great. I know Ive already said this many times, but the song doesnt work as Green Day would have liked, its certainly not the band´s best, and if you ask me its actually one of their worst songs up until now in their carreer. I understand why some people think its fun, but to me the real generic and dumb rock song of the trilogy is Fuck time, its absolute nonesense. Im sure im not the only one that shares the same feeling towards this piece of shit song that Green Day have decided to put out.

http://www.craveonline.com/music/articles/199432-review-green-day-idos-

Another negative reviews. 4/10, looks like this might be Green Day's lowest ranked album yet.

Most negatively spoken of tracks? Nightlife and Fuck Time again. They're really bringing the album down. Green Day needs to learn a little more about quality control. They should have done one great album, a lot of these songs just don't seem noteworthy enough to justify a trilogy.

People who think Nightlife is the worst song of the album, guess what, no critic has anything against it so far.And it's anyday better than the hip hop shit that goes on on the radio these days.

PS-Lady cobra has an incredible voice.

All false.

Nightlife and Fuck Time have brought the album down, because they are simply silly, lazy, and bad tracks.

All false.

Nightlife and Fuck Time have brought the album down, because they are simply silly, lazy, and bad tracks.

All false.

Whether they're bad is an opinion. Some people think they're both great, like me especially Nightlife.

All false.

But that's Green Day being Green Day, doing/releasing whatever the fuck they want.

http://www.craveonli...green-day-idos-

Another negative reviews. 4/10, looks like this might be Green Day's lowest ranked album yet.

Most negatively spoken of tracks? Nightlife and Fuck Time again. They're really bringing the album down. Green Day needs to learn a little more about quality control. They should have done one great album, a lot of these songs just don't seem noteworthy enough to justify a trilogy.

who cares what critics say? who cares if those tracks influence ratings to be bad?

i think both tracks are great, i like the whole album.

you seem to base your opinion about dos on what critics have to say. do you even have an own taste?

and the review you posted is a bad one. lazy bones similiar to ever fallen in love? lol. just beacause hte chords are similiar in the verse... then it is similiar to 10000 other songs too.

Fuck time is probably my favourite song from dos. So much energy in the that song, makes me wanna go craaaazy. Chorus sounds so foxboro too.

Many younger GD fans like Fuck Time because it's dirty and makes them feel rebellious. Just like why everyone likes Crap-182.

"Fuck Time" is one of my favorite songs on Dos. It's got the mood, the energy, and it's fun; it stands out to me in the midst of the darker songs on the album. Old, jaded critics and snobby so called "mature" critics aren't going to like it because they can't get over themselves. Calling it the worst song on the album is a huge over-statement.

It's like nobody wants fun rock n' roll anymore. All they want to listen to is "Imagine" over and over again.

But that's Green Day being Green Day, doing/releasing whatever the fuck they want.

Then they need to better learn to judge their own music's quality, rather then thinking "Hey guys I wrote a song!" "Great! Let's put it on the album without really thinking about whether its album worthy or not, it at least fills the tracklist!"

They said they're their own harshest critics, yeah I call BS on that. I've read a lot harsher stuff. It's almost like when they decided to do the trilogy they threw whatever songs that they had or could quickly come up with to have 3 albums worth of material. You people need to realize that quality is always more important than quanity, but a lot of you would accept anything Green Day throws out, or overrate it since it came from Green Day. If you don't believe me then read some of the fan reviews. 10s and 9s galore. That doesn't seem very honest to me.

Uno is Green Day's lowest ranked album, and if the early critic reviews are anything to go by Dos will fare even worse. 2 okay albums and one possible great album.

Those could have been one amazing and mindblowing album. It could have been Green Day's best work, something that will be remembered. It would have been much MUCH smarter, because Warner obviously isn't as prepared for this trilogy as they originally thought they were. Plus it would have been cheaper.

Then they need to better learn to judge their own music's quality, rather then thinking "Hey guys I wrote a song!" "Great! Let's put it on the album without really thinking about whether its album worthy or not, it at least fills the tracklist!"

They said they're their own harshest critics, yeah I call BS on that. I've read a lot harsher stuff. It's almost like when they decided to do the trilogy they threw whatever songs that they had or could quickly come up with to have 3 albums worth of material. You people need to realize that quality is always more important than quanity, but a lot of you would accept anything Green Day throws out, or overrate it since it came from Green Day. If you don't believe me then read some of the fan reviews. 10s and 9s galore. That doesn't seem very honest to me.

Uno is Green Day's lowest ranked album, and if the early critic reviews are anything to go by Dos will fare even worse. 2 okay albums and one possible great album.

Those could have been one amazing and mindblowing album. It could have been Green Day's best work, something that will be remembered. It would have been much MUCH smarter, because Warner obviously isn't as prepared for this trilogy as they originally thought they were. Plus it would have been cheaper.

As long as their making music that they like, I'm okay with it.

Did you ever stop to think that they don't make music for you?

They make music for themselves. They love songs like "Fuck Time". It's in their roots, their musical bloodline. They played that song almost 9 fucking times in a row at one show because they have an absolute blast playing it. They wrote it to have fun, and they have fun playing it: that's the point of the song, simple as that.

The song isn't meant to be this super high quality work of art that you unreasonably expect. After not one but two HUGE fucking albums, they don't have to try to change the world anymore, they don't have to top themselves. It's time for them to enjoy life a little, that's where songs like this come from. Great simple songs that have no exterior agenda, songs that don't try to take themselves too seriously.

That's the point of this trilogy, writing, releasing, and performing music that they want to, not for some douche who wants to reach a high plane through his headphones. If you don't like it, if you think the trilogy is garbage, than deal with it and don't listen to it. Go waste your time begging for another American Idiot or Dookie, because you're never going to get it.

As much as I adore this record, you can't deny Green Day, probably unintentionally, kind of stole some of their own songs.

Fuck Time has the same chorus chords and almost the same melody as East Jesus Nowhere, Welcome To Paradise, Sally and Dark Side Of The Night.

Lazy Bones has parts that are almost the same as Give Me Novacaine and Favorite Son.

Stray Heart has some similarities to Mother Mary.

Amy has melodies that are exactly the same as Walking Alone and Shoplifter.

I'm not bashing the record, but I just wanted to point this out. I think the record's fuckin awesome and I'm not really distracted with these similarities. It's just that now and then they pop up and make me wonder if this really is Green Day's best work like they say?

This could have been Green Day's ultimate album and it would have been called Green Day:

1) Nuclear Family

2) Stay The Night

3) Let Yourself Go

4) Brutal Love

5) Lady Cobra

6) Stray Heart

7) Wow! That's Loud

8) Amanda

9) X-Kid

10) Drama Queen

11) 8th Avenue Serenade

12) Dirty Rotten Bastards

13) 99 Revolutions

14) The Forgotten

That would have been an amazing album. Sure you could create it in a playlist, but I'm talking about if this was a single album.

Honestly I'm surprised at the bad reviews. Although I am questioning the reliability of the 4/10 one...still I figured it would be better received than this. Anyhow, if Tre is supposedly more like AI/21CB tracks, I'm sure that will be the most popular one anyways. Let's just take this as a treat for us :)

As much as I adore this record, you can't deny Green Day, probably unintentionally, kind of stole some of their own songs.

Fuck Time has the same chorus chords and almost the same melody as East Jesus Nowhere, Welcome To Paradise, Sally and Dark Side Of The Night.

Lazy Bones has parts that are almost the same as Give Me Novacaine and Favorite Son.

Stray Heart has some similarities to Mother Mary.

Amy has melodies that are exactly the same as Walking Alone and Shoplifter.

I'm not bashing the record, but I just wanted to point this out. I think the record's fuckin awesome and I'm not really distracted with these similarities. It's just that now and then they pop up and make me wonder if this really is Green Day's best work like they say?

They always quoted themselves in terms chord progression, but the melodies here are pretty strong. Stray Heart and Mother Mary are pretty similar, but only because they have similar chord progressions. The guitars and melody are nothing alike.

I wouldn't say Fuck Time is like East Jesus Nowhere. They have similar chords, but what do expect from songs in E? The melodies of most of these songs though are nothing alike. I would say Fuck Time is closer to Stop Drop and Roll! if anything.

Did you ever stop to think that they don't make music for you?

They make music for themselves. They love songs like "Fuck Time". It's in their roots, their musical bloodline. They played that song almost 9 fucking times in a row at one show because they have an absolute blast playing it. They wrote it to have fun, and they have fun playing it: that's the point of the song, simple as that.

The song isn't meant to be this super high quality work of art that you unreasonably expect. After not one but two HUGE fucking albums, they don't have to try to change the world anymore, they don't have to top themselves. It's time for them to enjoy life a little, that's where songs like this come from. Great simple songs that have no exterior agenda, songs that don't try to take themselves too seriously.

That's the point of this trilogy, writing, releasing, and performing music that they want to, not for some douche who wants to reach a high plane through his headphones. If you don't like it, if you think the trilogy is garbage, than deal with it and don't listen to it. Go waste your time begging for another American Idiot or Dookie, because you're never going to get it.

I'm whinning because I'm saying it wouls have been smarter, not only in a musical perspecitve but also a marketing one, to release one album composed of the bests songs that would wind up on the trilogy? You're making it sound like I'm saying for them to write new songs. I NEVER said that. What you said is in fact kind of questionable. Make 3 albums that may have a lack of quality control, over one album composed of songs ALREADY WRITTEN and compiled into something that could be truly great. So, I'm asking for too much for a band to try to make the best possible album they can? So I should lower my standards for a band, which is basically admitting to a decline in quality, rather then hoping they'll create something truly great? Oh sorry for trying to make Green Day out to be a good talented band, thanks for making me realize that I should look at them as wasted potential.

Honestly I'm surprised at the bad reviews. Although I am questioning the reliability of the 4/10 one...still I figured it would be better received than this. Anyhow, if Tre is supposedly more like AI/21CB tracks, I'm sure that will be the most popular one anyways. Let's just take this as a treat for us :)

Well think about. 2 of the songs on Dos are being considered the worst they ever wrote, that's bound to drag the record down. That's worse then having a few duds or generic tracks, so it'll have a bigger impact. None of the songs on Uno were put into that much of a negative light.

Many younger GD fans like Fuck Time because it's dirty and makes them feel rebellious. Just like why everyone likes Crap-182.

im not young and i like the song and i'm not feeling rebellious. it is just a fun song. you just dont get the intention.

This could have been Green Day's ultimate album and it would have been called Green Day:

1) Nuclear Family

2) Stay The Night

3) Let Yourself Go

4) Brutal Love

5) Lady Cobra

6) Stray Heart

7) Wow! That's Loud

8) Amanda

9) X-Kid

10) Drama Queen

11) 8th Avenue Serenade

12) Dirty Rotten Bastards

13) 99 Revolutions

14) The Forgotten

That would have been an amazing album. Sure you could create it in a playlist, but I'm talking about if this was a single album.

You've heard dirty rotton bastards?

You've heard dirty rotton bastards?

I'm going off their descriptions. I haven't heard Brutal Love either, but I'm taking variety into consideration, and those tracks sound like they'd give the album more flavors.

Archived