Let's promote ¡Dos! ourselves!

Fuzz

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but the prize is weird. I mean, it's weird that the prize is Mike following you on Instagram for one month. I'd rather have him follow me on Twitter forever haha since he doesn't use it it would be really cool to say 'hey you bitches Mike is following me!'. I don't really use Instagram.

I'm going to promote it by telling my friends they should buy it because they talk about my mum in fuck time. Lol my mum is Amanda Jones

Maybe our promotion is paying off (or maybe Green Day didn't need it as much as we thought :P)

According to midweek figures, Dos is set to enter the UK chart at number 4. It may not be their highest charting position but is still higher than Dookie, Insomniac or Nimrod charted over here. Also, considering it's only 2 months since the release of their last album and it's had no promotion that's actually really impressive.

dos at 34 on itunes album chart..wtf!! :(

in germany the weekend dos got released it was in top10 albums in german amazon, it was #1 of mp3album downloads in german amazon and in top10 german itunes charts! :)

cant wait for first sale announcements ^^

Yeah, but the prize is weird. I mean, it's weird that the prize is Mike following you on Instagram for one month. I'd rather have him follow me on Twitter forever haha since he doesn't use it it would be really cool to say 'hey you bitches Mike is following me!'. I don't really use Instagram.

LOL that's a really weird price indeed :lol:

I think this is a great idea, no matter who is executing it! Seeing as how the band (or whoever is responsible) has adopted it, it'll definitely reach more people, and that was kind of the point of this in the first place, right? :D

I think this is a great idea, no matter who is executing it! Seeing as how the band (or whoever is responsible) has adopted it, it'll definitely reach more people, and that was kind of the point of this in the first place, right? :D

The only things is, because this has appaently come out of no where, fans will react how they are at the moment - 'why the hell should i do the promoters job?!'. Here, it was discussed that it would be a cool thing to do because of Billie's issues and stuff and that as a fan base we could support green day by helping 'promote' Dos. However, the way this has been announced on facebook, it just makes the marketing team look lazy by asking fans to do jobs that they are getting paid for!

I played Dos over the PA system for my company's labs three times today, minus it's fuck time so it's wouldn't be go time for me.

Couple of people asked me about it, told them to get the coupon from GD.com and pick the album up best buy, people take to the concept of coupons easily heh

GreenDay.com is such a copycat xD

I love how Green Day dot com copied us.

First thing I thought when I saw the post. :lol:

I had my calculus class yesterday at 11:30am, and the first thing my professor does after entering the class room is looking at me and telling me, "so, ¡DOS! came out today, it's costing 5,99$ in Amazon... it's good"

So... I'm winning at life. :lol: And my promoting of the album worked at least on him.

Actually, it's awesome how we're kinda collaborating 'hand-and-hand' witht he band in this. We started doing this for them and now they've joined us like 'Yeah guys, thanks for doing this for us! Let's all make it and let's fucking break the charts!'.

The only things is, because this has appaently come out of no where, fans will react how they are at the moment - 'why the hell should i do the promoters job?!'. Here, it was discussed that it would be a cool thing to do because of Billie's issues and stuff and that as a fan base we could support green day by helping 'promote' Dos. However, the way this has been announced on facebook, it just makes the marketing team look lazy by asking fans to do jobs that they are getting paid for!

Perhaps the fans are just doing a better job than they ever could lol. But I do see where you're coming from. Its ok asking the fans to help out (we'd do that anyway right?) but to ask us to do it full stop is a little cheeky.

However, the way this has been announced on facebook, it just makes the marketing team look lazy by asking fans to do jobs that they are getting paid for!

So? Aren't they being lazy, and we are making an effort to promote Green Day's album so it doesn't flop when the marketing team is getting paid for it?

Archived