Let's promote ¡Dos! ourselves!

Fuzz

This is maybe too late for iDos!, I don't know, but it could also work for iTre!.

Produce a standard promotional sticker here on GDA, like the ones you usually see on street lamps and such, and sell them cheap so that GDA doesn't lose or make money, possibly in large quantities. Then we all buy a pack off of you, which is a small individual sacrifice, and then take a few hours to post them all over town in our respective area. This is a way to get it out to another group of people. The internet is very selective, and you see what you wanna see, know what you wanna know, but on the street I think people would pay more attention, plus it's there for a longer period of time after the release, which is good, cause people are already out on the street, where the record stores are. Now this would be a fan movement.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is maybe too late for iDos!, I don't know, but it could also work for iTre!.

Produce a standard promotional sticker here on GDA, like the ones you usually see on street lamps and such, and sell them cheap so that GDA doesn't loose or make money, possibly in large quantities. Then we all buy a pack off of you, which is a small individual sacrifice, and then take a few hours to post them all over town in our respective area. This is a way to get it out to another group of people. The internet is very selective, and you see what you wanna see, know what you wanna know, but on the street I think people would pay more attention, plus it's there for a longer period of time after the release, which is good, cause people are already out on the street, where the record stores are. Now this would be a fan movement.

That's a great idea! I believe Tre is going to be the best album out of the three also, so the more people who know the better! We should defiantly work on promoting both albums, but there really isn't much time for Dos. We have a while for Tre though, good idea! I would defiantly be up for doing this/something similar if more people are interested and it goes ahead!

That's a great idea! I believe Tre is going to be the best album out of the three also, so the more people who know the better! We should defiantly work on promoting both albums, but there really isn't much time for Dos. We have a while for Tre though, good idea! I would defiantly be up for doing this/something similar if more people are interested and it goes ahead!

Yes, making the big time fan promotion for iTre! would actually make the most sense, iDos! will be a fan favorite, and some people may like it.

But if we wanna boost Green Day's sales we should focus on the last and possibly most commercially accessible album of the three. If people buy that and love it, it's then possible for them to go back and get iUno! and iDos!. It would actually be kind of the best promotion for the trilogy as a whole.

Yes, making the big time fan promotion for iTre! would actually make the most sense, iDos! will be a fan favorite, and some people may like it.

But if we wanna boost Green Day's sales we should focus on the last and possibly most commercially accessible album of the three. If people buy that and love it, it's then possible for them to go back and get iUno! and iDos!. It would actually be kind of the best promotion for the trilogy as a whole.

I don't see why we can't do both at the same time. :) Might as well push ¡Dos! for the stretch run.

Porque no los dos?

lYCIB.gif

I don't see why we can't do both at the same time. :) Might as well push ¡Dos! for the stretch run.

Yes, for sure!

But maybe save the big collective effort :happy:

This idea is awesome! I'll try to share this stuff everywhere.

Green Day would know how dedicated their fans are.

Let's get this shit started!

this as brilliant!

i would try and put stuff out... except for the fact that i'm no leaving my house for a few days and then i'm off to school...but i wish all the best to the people who are doing this :happy:

it'll hit it up on facebook!

Maybe someone could put together a promotional video and try and get that shared about

Plus tumblr would be a great way of sharing photos, adverts, all directing people to iTunes or to greenday.com

I like the video idea!! we couldl put it on youtube, twitter, facebook... everywhere!

Maria Gloria, those flyers are awesome as hell. All the artwork in this thread is. Green Day fans are pretty bitchin'.

Definitely gonna put a few of those flyers downtown, maybe try and sneak one up in school somewhere.

I'm also gonna change my cover photo on Facebook (hopefully it will grab somebody's attention) and share some stuff online in hopes that people get pumped. I have a few friends that are casual Green Day listeners, one of them is actually a big fan I guess, but they both like GDA on Facebook so they'll see stuff too.

I'll talk about about Green Day any chance I get, much to the chagrin of my friends, but now I have a great reason to.

It's a long shot I think, but maybe flyers in movie theatres would also help, since the Twilight premiere is 3 days after the Dos release date. Maybe some people will see it and really like "The Forgotten". (It's kind of false advertising since its on Tre, but any promotion helps!)

Maria Gloria, those flyers are awesome as hell. All the artwork in this thread is. Green Day fans are pretty bitchin'.

I'll talk about about Green Day any chance I get, much to the chagrin of my friends, but now I have a great reason to.

I am so on board with these excellent marketing ideas. My facebook is a Green Day timeline. I'm going to print some black and white flyers and post them around my town randomly. So happy to do so!

Random thoughts: we all can set Stray Heart as a ringtone, it's actually a good way to make random people to listen a song :lol:

I'm going to be more annoying on Facebook with this closer to the date :P

I love everyone's ideas!

I just started working on a small web app that lets you sign in with Twitter and choose a few promotion options like:

- Changing your profile picture to your current picture with a ¡Dos! overlay

- Changing your profile picture completely to a ¡Dos! promotion picture

- Tweeting a promotion message

Actually it's just an excuse to do a little practise work with the Twitter API during my school vacation :P but you never know who you can persuade to help promote when it's made easier to participate.

Should you have any ideas of things I could add to this little project, feel free to suggest and I'll think about it.

Damn it, I went on to Melbourne's rock stations website it says Last Played: Green Day - Let Yourself Go, FUCK!

I can't do any type of graphic art like Maria Gloria or Flo can, but I really want to contribute to this. I think it's a great idea! What I can do, is provide some of my hand drawn art for the people here to manipulate and Green Day-ify however they like. There's a lot of skull imagery in Green Day's art, so I thought I'd give you guys this to work with if you want to. This is one of my favorite drawings that I've done.

IMG_1190_zpse284ec27.jpg

There's also a bigger, better version of this in my art thread (you'll need to scroll down a little) if you want to use that one or anything else there you think could possibly suitable. I don't know if this is helpful, but it's kind of frustrating to not be able to contribute art in any way but this.

This is a good idea.But we don't have much time.Here are a few things we can do-

1.Spam all radio station's twitter and facebook pages and request for Stray heart.I mean ALL.

2.Tell more and more people about the trilogy as possible

3.Send an email to warner bros asking them for more promotion.

4.Go to youtube and most Green Day related comments, maybe direct them to oh love or 21 guns.But only the ones that are making the news, like gangnam style and stuff

We should put the flyers at the bus stops, train station and in all those places where people have to wait and get bored, even among the magazines at the hairdresser's!

This is a great idea, I love this fucking fanbase

I created self site for this and in our language, so the fans here can really understand of this mission :D

the site is here: gerakandos.tk

kinda messed up with the design, cause I put the words first =/

if you want to know, the site language is Indonesian :happy:

Go iDOS! !! :toocool:

Archived