Let's promote ¡Dos! ourselves!

Fuzz

yep you even see a GDC smiley at the top of the picture he posted if you zoom in xD

:D This is pretty awesome

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone who knows me already knoew ¡Dos! is coming out tomorrow, and I've been pretty much forcing Stray Heart down everyone's ears :P

Not of much use it'll be though, seeing that ¡UNO! took nearly two months to get here (I was only able to buy it and give a first listen yesterday :o ). I hope DOS'll take less time. :(

This was a really nice thing for us to do for Green Day and it was also a really nice thing for Mike to do for us.

What a great guy.

I'm so happy that Mike has been here! And that he saw a pic made by me (and then by crock6000) but also all yours if he looked a bit all over the thread! Mike if you're reading.... I love you! :):dance::)

So since the album came out everywhere, we can actually use Dos music to promote itself. I think Lazy Bones is strong promotional material, lots of my non-GD friends enjoyed it. Any ideas about how we can use it? Maybe some video?

Jesus, once I thought that it will be cool if someone from GD actually registered here. Now I realise that if this will happen, GDC will crash everytime they post and we'll see tons of meaningless posts like "I love you Mike!" everywhere. What the actual fuck.

I promoted it on tumblr, I don't have any other social network.

Facebook would've been useful for this, but then again most of the people I used to be friends were only pop listeners.

I had nothing to do and I was so excited that I created this banner for your sig if you want to use it XD

25p1zef.jpg

I got two of my friends into Green Day! One's now addicted to Dos and the other one said he might want the whole trilogy for Christams! :D

And I'm like YES!!!

I got two of my friends into Green Day! One's now addicted to Dos and the other one said he might want the whole trilogy for Christams! :D

And I'm like YES!!!

That's great! :)

I'm trying really hard to get people in my college class to at least give it a try. They're too busy listening to Nicki Minaj and One Direction though :(

I swear my friend said she would download Dos when she was drunk, I reminded her later and she still says she'll get around to it.

haha :D mike joined GDC to promote (his) album too ;D ^^

LOL that would have been so epic if he registered to join us in the promotion :lol:

Now let's get #DOS trending on Twitter, like we said.

I'll post #DOS stuff

Sooo...

Something else I completely missed was the Kerrang Rock Chart on Saturday 10th November. It's based on both sales figures and radio play. Stray Heart debuted on the chart this week at number 5. Considering the single was only (re)released on Sunday that's based on airplay alone :D That's some pretty good promotion from Kerrang at least :happy:. Kill The DJ is still on the chart after about 3 months currently at number 16 and Let Yourself Go re-entered the chart at number 20.

Also, as mentioned yesterday; Dos is currently album of the week on Amazon.co.uk (at least someone is promoting it) and it's still sat at number 1 on the mp3 album chart :dance: feel free to take advantage of this promotion by giving it rave reviews ;)

So since the album came out everywhere, we can actually use Dos music to promote itself. I think Lazy Bones is strong promotional material, lots of my non-GD friends enjoyed it. Any ideas about how we can use it? Maybe some video?

I am making another video, with "Lazy Bones" and "Nightlife". BTW you can share the first video I made:

I am making another video, with "Lazy Bones" and "Nightlife". BTW you can share the first video I made:

Do you realize how happy you're making me just because of the one or two snippets you used from the show I attended? :wub:

Also: The trailer kicks ass. Can't wait for the "sequel" :)

Do you realize how happy you're making me just because of the one or two snippets you used from the show I attended? :wub:

Also: The trailer kicks ass. Can't wait for the "sequel" :)

Thank you, I am happy to hear that. What was the show? :)

Thank you, I am happy to hear that. What was the show? :)

Mönchengladbach, Germany.

Short after 30:00 when he does his little dance. :woot:

Archived